Take My Hand

Take My Hand

           Chanyeol sits on his bus stop bench. He slides down it like a piece of grilled octopus. Once he reaches the ground, he tips his head back onto the bench seat and makes a tiny strangulated sound in the back of his throat. The lady with too much rouge on her cheeks tries to shift away to a farther seat from him surreptitiously.

            “What’s wrong, baby?” A voice with rough tinges around its edges (a voice that he knows too well, unfortunately) asks.

            Chanyeol shrieks a little, twitching and nearly slamming his head into the edge of the bench. He turns to glare up at the shadow that is standing over him.

            “How many times have I told you not to call me that? And stop stalking me,” Chanyeol says. The lady from before is side-eyeing them, but somehow is also looking at Kris like he’s a tasty appetizer. Chanyeol doesn’t blame her. Kris, at his 6 feet and 3 inches (he claims it’s 4) glory, completes the picture of a Greek statue with his to-drool-for body. It doesn’t help that he has a face that makes Chanyeol instinctively want to punch because whose face looks like that realistically?

            “You still haven’t told me what’s wrong,” Kris says doggedly, crouching down to Chanyeol’s eyelevel. Chanyeol reaches out and pushes Kris’ face away because he is too close. Kris has no sense of definition when it comes to Chanyeol’s personal space. He disturbingly nuzzles against Chanyeol’s palm and Chanyeol, horrified, snatches his hand away.

            “If you must know,” Chanyeol says, “it’s because I have a ten-page paper due tomorrow. Which I just realized existed. Even though the professor told us about it two months ago but how would I know because I was sleeping. I mean, where is the justice in life? Why. Why did she have to announce it the one day I took a nap?”

            Here, Chanyeol stops his arm-waving and smacks his hands on his cheeks and claws them down his face despairingly.

            “If it’s any consolation, I think that your looks terrific in these jeans today,” Kris says, a wayward smirk lining his lips as he tries to lean sideways to get a better look. The lady sitting on the bench close to them chokes on her gum.

            Chanyeol tries not to look pleased. He thinks those are his best jeans, too, they really bring out his -shape very well, but –

            He brings his leg out and slowly yet surely presses his foot against Kris’ legs so that he tips over sideways onto the ground. Kris merely grins and is still raking his eyes over Chanyeol’s legs. And oh look! There’s the bus. Chanyeol hops up from the cold concrete ground and hopes that Kris doesn’t follow him.

            No such luck.

            “You at flirting,” Chanyeol tells Kris as he slides the card in. Kris looks tempted to use the innuendo implied in Chanyeol’s words but instead passes up on it.

            “But you love it.”

            Chanyeol gives him angry eyebrows and turns away. He plops down on a window seat and stares out of the window. And then he mumbles, “Maybe.”

            Kris looks like he has gotten both his birthday and Christmas presents at the same time when Chanyeol turns back to him.

            “Does that mean we can go on a date now?” Kris asks.

            “No.”

            Kris doesn’t even look surprised at the answer, probably because he has gotten the same response every time. He just fakes a look of complete and utter puppy-like sadness and gives Chanyeol glittery eyes.

            Chanyeol shudders, feeling chills run up and down his arms. “You give me goose bumps when you do that.”

            “In a romantic way?” Kris now changes his look to that of a dark smoldering look. The kind that angsty male protagonists in popular teen romance books have. He’s too good with that look, and Chanyeol feels heat climbing up the back of his neck even though he knows Kris is purposely exaggerating it.

            “Just. Never let other people see it or they’ll run screaming away from you.”

            “I’ll take it as a compliment.” Kris lets his normal expression of a cocky young adult who is too good looking for his own good take over his face again.

            Chanyeol puffs up one side of his cheek in frustration. Kris gives him a wide-opened smile, teeth showing.

            “You’re so adorable when you do that,” Kris says.

            Chanyeol’s eyebrow twitches (does this man have no shame?) and pulls out his laptop. He turns it on, determined to spend the rest of the ride ignoring the presence of the drop-dead gorgeous guy next to him, who is still staring at him absorbingly.

            He also does his best to ignore the thrill running through his fingertips at getting yet another compliment from Kris.

           

            The problem with Kris stalking him is that no one believes Chanyeol when he complains about Kris stalking him. First of all, there’s Kris’ hotness. Second of all, who would stalk Chanyeol? Third of all, there’s Kris’ hotness. Yeah, it mostly boils down to his looks, which can give girls explosions of ovaries with one look. Or at least that’s what Lu Han says.

            Chanyeol himself is still trying to puzzle out why Kris seems to like to pop up at random places (behind a banana stand once, too) and follow him around to direct dirty pick-up lines at Chanyeol.

            “Isn’t it obvious?” Sehun says, rolling his eyes and still manages to look like a mindless, flawless zombie. “He likes you.”

            “He probably just likes teasing me,” Chanyeol says. He rolls up a corner of his bed sheets and watches them uncurl. Sehun makes this shrug that means ‘suit yourself’ and proceeds to open up a bag of potato chips. Chanyeol narrows his eyes at his best friend.

            “You. That’s Jongdae’s chips,” he says. Sehun nods solemnly, but then his lips form a malicious little smirk as he devours the chips anyway. Chanyeol scowls at him. His roommate is so going to murder him when he gets back to see that his chips are gone. Again.

            Chanyeol sighs and rolls around on his bed, not wanting to deal with stupid Sehun (he just did alliteration there! Hah!). He has piles of homework waiting for him, glaring at him from his desk, but he really isn’t in the mood to do it. His brain juice has all been sapped from writing that ten page paper two nights ago.

            “You know,” Sehun says, kicking at Chanyeol’s back. “It isn’t stalking if the stalkee is willing.”

            Chanyeol props himself up with one hand. “I don’t think stalkee is a word.”

            Sehun turns his nose up and opens his mouth to pop in a potato chip obnoxiously. “It is if I say so.”

            “And willing? Since when have I been willing?”

            Sehun points a potato chip at him. “Admit it. You like it when he follows you around like a demented puppy.”

            Chanyeol gives him a glare that ends up looking like a scary pout instead. He pushes his head into his blankets, refusing to respond to Sehun’s taunt. He’s never been much of a good liar.

            Sehun’s statement of pure fact is still reeling in his head like a bad movie rerun during class. He is typing notes down for Economic 101 while his head is trying to list out the reasons he dislikes Kris stalking him (which would lead to a good argument of why he is not a willing victim of said stalking).

            For one thing, Kris attracts attention wherever he goes. It’s not just the height. It’s the way his smile just tilts up in one way that is equally alluring and screams out ‘I’m a bad boy, look at me!’ at the same time. Chanyeol hates having stranger’s probing eyes on him. People’s eyes on him means that they expect something from him. Good or bad, they don’t care. They just want something to talk about. Chanyeol doesn’t think he can give them anything to talk about. He’s not the type to be able to reach up to their expectations.

            The familiar strangulating ball of stress is making his hands clammy again. He wipes his hands on his jeans before continuing to type. He got off topic. He is supposed to list out why he doesn’t like being stalked by Kris. He’s racking his brain for another reason when he looks up and sees Kris’ silhouette chilling outside of the door. His heart speeds up like he is about to get on a rollercoaster ride.

            Here, Chanyeol’s thought process hesitates before setting its foot tentatively near the precipice. He forces his eyes to tear away from the lean form of Kris and refocus on his notes. There’s a ringing sound in his ears, so he doesn’t type anymore because he can’t process what his professor is teaching them.

            The main reason he doesn’t want Kris to wait for him like this is because he’s terrified of not being able to live up to his expectation. Why is Kris wasting his time with him anyway?

            The professor looks at his watch and calls it a day. Some students dawdle about, waiting to catch a word with the professor, while others, like Chanyeol, quickly pack and bolt off. Seohyun catches his eye and gives him this knowing little smirk, while glancing meaningfully at Kris leaning against the wall outside. His whole face flushes.

            (Last week, she had sat next to him and lamented about the sad fact that she doesn’t have a hot boyfriend like Chanyeol does. Chanyeol had almost spilled the coffee of the person behind him while trying to explain that no, they are not dating in any way, shape, or form. She just looked at him with arched eyebrows, and then said, Oh I see. That’s alright, Chanyeollie. I’ve been in denial before, too. It’s a river in Nile that you will eventually cross as well with a beaming smile.)

            “How was class?”

            Chanyeol stands before Kris and stares at him with this half-puzzled expression on his face. Isn’t that something boyfriends usually ask? The thing is, Chanyeol has gotten so used to these greetings that he’s almost starting to take them for granted. He shrugs, mind easily distracted by the piece of tied red string Kris is holding.

            “The usual. Can I see that?” Chanyeol takes the red string while asking it, so it kind of defeats the whole purpose.

            “Sure,” Kris says wryly.

            Chanyeol tangles his fingers in it, and then untangles the loop. He chews his bottom lip, grin peeking out. Cat’s Cradle. It’s been such a long time since he’s played it. It feels so nostalgic to do this again. He holds up his symmetrical tangle of strings expectantly to Kris with both of his hands holding them taut. Kris lets out this low string of chuckles that settles heavily under Chanyeol’s bellybutton and reaches out to expertly maneuver the string into a different pattern. Chanyeol makes a ‘hmm’ sound because he doesn’t remember exactly how to go on from here.

            He decides to screw it and tries to do something that would look remotely legit. Except his fingers get all tangled up and now the red string is all knotted up. Kris tugs from his end where his fingers are tangled as well and forces Chanyeol to step closer to him. Their chests bump.

            “You know that there’s a Chinese legend? About a red thread that connects people who are fated to be together,” Kris says. He gives a wicked grin and his eyes reflect glints of gold that pulls Chanyeol in with the intense darkness of his irises. Is he going to lean in and kiss him? Chanyeol’s heart is thudding so hard against his chest that it’s painful and horribly exciting and he wants Kris to lean in just a little closer justalittle –

            Chanyeol feels blind terror squeezing his ribs as he abruptly takes a step back, shaking the strangling hold of the red thread from his fingers.

             “I’m hungry,” he says, covering up his discomfort with that smile that others deem the Happy Virus Smile. Not many people know how fake it often is. He catches a glimmer of disappointment in Kris’ eyes before he gives Chanyeol a wink.

            “You can have me for lunch instead,” Kris says.

            He gets smacked.

           

            The first time that they met, Chanyeol was drunk from having too many cups of Sprite. He was skilled at feeling dizzy and uninhibited even without the help of alcohol. So, there he was, in the middle of this party that Sehun had invited him to and he went because he hadn’t really been to a college party before so why not? He probably had a glorified image of what a party was from chick flicks because everyone around him who was having fun was pretty much for-real-giggling-swaying-drunk.

            And since he didn’t want a hangover the next morning (once was enough for now, thank you very much), he decided to pretend that he was drunk. His logic seemed quite reasonable at the time.

            A little circle had formed around Sehun and his boyfriend as they jammed to the music. They were part of the competitive dance team in the university, and everyone seemed to be waiting for them to bust out a snazzy move and dazzle them. Chanyeol snickered at their flabbergasted expressions as all Sehun and Jongin did was wriggle their arms in a weirdly synchronized fashion and pigeon-bob their heads the whole time. Yeah, this was how they really danced outside of their ‘serious’ dancing.

            Someone bumped into Chanyeol and jostled his arm, spilling the Sprite over his hand. He was also snapped back into ‘sober’ mode with the feel of sticky coldness of soda on his skin.

            “Sourrrwwyyyy,” that person slurred and then tried to do a rendition of the Super Junior’s “Sorry, Sorry” dance.

            Chanyeol didn’t know an ‘apology accepted’ dance, so he just nodded awkwardly and tried to shuffle away, but his arm was grabbed before he could escape.

            “I’m LurrrHan. Whashh your name?” A too-pretty-to-be-human face beamed up at him.

            “It’s Chanyeol.” He stared warily at ‘LurrrHan’. People who looked like this often turned out to be the serial killer in movies.

            Or at least, in the movies he watched.

            The other was contemplating the spilled Sprite on Chanyeol’s hand like there was a profound life quote written on it, before a maniacal smile stretched across his face. “Napkiieens. Napkins! Most wonderful invention~ in the world~”, which was followed by a drunk song cover of “I Can Show You the World” from Aladdin while spontaneously hugging Chanyeol.

            Frankly, Chanyeol was scared for his life.

            The tipsy singer was pulled back by the scruff of his neck and Chanyeol’s eyes widened to see someone taller than he was standing in front of him.

            Not to mention the man looked like he just waltzed straight from a magazine cover.

            “I apologize for Lu Han,” the blond man said. His eyebrows were set in an aggressively wild manner, and his nose looked like it was sculpted by a master artisan. His lips formed a tilted smile that could (and did) make people sizzle from the inside-out. It wasn’t just his physical looks; the way he stood commanded complete attention. Despite his slight slouching, his posture radiated confidence. Like he could take on the world and come out on top.

            Chanyeol found that his molecules, down to the last atoms, had just completely frozen up at the sight of this gorgeous gorgeous man before realizing that he still needed to breathe to function. Still, he indulged in one last moment of hungry admiration before carefully and delicately placing the blond into the category of Out of His League.

            “I’m Kris.” There was something inviting in his voice. Warm yet dark like rich dark chocolate. Chanyeol’s voice was stuck in his throat before he cleared it.

            “Chanyeol.”

            “Wuuuu Fannnnn. Stop eye- Chanyeolliieee here ‘cuz…” Lu Han broke the silence as he stumbled against Kris. His eyebrows scrunched together as he paused. “I had a point. But I forgot. Whatevurr. I feel like throwing up on your shoes.”

            Kris had a look of such utter horror pasted on his face that Chanyeol started laughing and tried to disguise it as a cough. Kris gave a resigned sigh and proceeded to drag Lu Han to the bathroom.

            “I’ll see you around?” Kris asked and Chanyeol nodded against his will because he didn’t like feeling this off-balanced. He was mostly rattled by the thought that even though Kris had only maybe said about three sentences to him, it would feel so easy to fall in love with him anyway. Alarms bells and sirens started ring through his head.

            Well, the stalking didn’t begin until a few weeks later. Until after Lu Han had somehow found Chanyeol in the middle of a huge lecture.

            “Oh haha, we’re in the same class! Hi Chanyeollie~ How are you doing?” Lu Han gave Chanyeol a bright holier-than-the-sun smile. He was talking to him like they were long-lost best friends.

            “You remember me?” was the first thing that came from Chanyeol’s mouth.

            “Of course. The one I spilled Sprite all over.” Lu Han tapped his head. “I can remember stuff from drunken escapades quite well, you know.”

            Chanyeol gave him a tentative smile, just a little disconcerted about the fact that Lu Han seemed to be still crazy, drunk or not, just minus the slurring.

            “Kris keeps asking about you.” Lu Han’s voice lowered to a conspiratorial whispering sort of level, like they were talking about CIA Top Secret files. “I think he wants your number.”

            Chanyeol was startled into a body-shaking laugh. “No way,” he wheezed through his fit of laughter. “Ahh, you’re funny, Lu Han.”

            Lu Han wrinkled his nose and pouted at the same time. “I’m completely serious. I’m always serious about stuff like this.”

            “Okay,” Chanyeol said. He was still smiling.

            “Okay? Like okay ‘I’ll give you my phone number’ okay?”

            “Uhhh – Well, if he really does want it for whatever reason, I cannot fathom why he would, if he really does want it, he should ask me himself.” Chanyeol shrugged one shoulder.

            “Gotcha.”

            And that was the issue done and over with. Or at least, Chanyeol thought the whole thing was over except he was pretty much ambushed outside of the lecture hall the very next day.

            “What,” Chanyeol said. “What.”

            Kris had a quirked up smile and was staring at him through his bangs. “Your number?”

            “I don’t – I – What.” His brain was not processing correctly.

            “Lu Han told me I had to find you to ask you for it myself.” Speaking of the Devil, Lu Han winked at them before strutting off.

            “So?” Kris was still standing there, which meant that he was probably not a figment of his imagination.

            Well, it couldn’t hurt. Maybe Kris was just one of these people who liked to have lots of contacts in his cell or something. Chanyeol didn’t know. But it was highly unlikely that Kris was actually going to call him.

            Kris actually called him.

            In panic, Chanyeol canceled the call (the excuse was that he was doing his part-time job and talking on the phone while scooping up ice cream was not allowed even if Minseok did that all the time).

            And then came the barrage of texts.

            To summarize them, they were composed of random compliments like ‘I think your hair is very pretty’ and deep sayings from famous dead people like Confucius. All of them were decorated with glittery emoticons.

            Then, as if the texts weren’t enough (he actually still has them saved in his phone but not because he actually looks forward to getting them and maybe sometimes looks at them when he’s bored – of course not), Kris somehow gained access to Chanyeol’s schedule and started to turn up everywhere. After it took him the time to process that Kris was actually chasing or in some strange way, courting Chanyeol, he couldn’t help but feel jittery from the attention because he had never been wanted like this before. It was exhilarating. Perhaps that was why he never truly pushed Kris away even though he could’ve.

           

            There’s a neon green poster clutched in his hands. Chanyeol glances at it from time to time. It says that there’s an audition for a play that the theatre club is hosting, on a Tuesday afternoon. He hasn’t decided whether or not he should go yet – his high school teacher said he was good at acting once. He’s never been to an audition before (has never tried because the pressure of judges eyeing him would just make him walk right out without even trying).

            He stuffs it into his backpack while walking, eyes already roaming around the campus square for a tall blond leaning against a bulletin board or something else. A pang of disappointment assaults him as there’s no Kris in sight. He slows down as he is confronted with the terrifying realization that even though he’s fought so hard against it, he’s already dependent on Kris. That it doesn’t feel like a good day without Kris there to give him a witty one-liner, a swaggering smirk, without Kris fitting into all the tiny spaces in his life.

            At first, he was wary of Kris. Wary about how he could probably flick his finger and almost everyone would fall over swooning over him. Wary about how if he just handed his heart on a platter to him, he would watch it break apart under his hands.

            No, it wasn’t about that anymore. Not as much. The person Chanyeol fears now the most is himself. He tends to analyze over the smallest detail, stressing over last week’s conversation and what kind of impression he gave. He is a perfectionist. Well, that’s the best way he could explain it, even though he likes to leave clothes all messy and strewn around in his room. No, he is a perfectionist in that if he starts on something, anything, whether it is a piece of ty fanart or homework, he is never satisfied with them because the flaws always glare at him.

            The prospect of failing – that’s what motivated him for most of his life, and he really really hates that feeling. Being with Kris just means another way for him to fear failing, fear them breaking up (because statistically most relationships don’t last anyway), except the fear is going to be even more paralyzing because (now he admits to himself, but not to anyone else. Not yet) he likes Kris. He really does.

            But Kris makes him want to change. Makes him want to embrace change. He wants to be able to have a relationship with him, and even if it breaks and falls apart, he wants to be able to look back with no regrets in the end.

            His hands are trembling slightly when he takes out the poster. Maybe he can start with this.

 

            He didn’t get the part. None of the parts, actually (not even for the tree, sadly enough. He would’ve been an excellent tree). But he feels like he’s walking on air because he actually tried out. He summoned up courage (where have you been his whole life, Courage?) and walked straight into the room. Sure, there was a ball of static nervousness in his stomach but it felt cathartic at the same time. He actually did it.

            Failing wasn’t so bad. After all, he’s not dead. (ooh, that rhymes!)

            “Hey babe. Want a cookie?” Kris is holding up a bag of cookies, resting his other arm on the railing. There’s a small lake next to Chanyeol’s dorm, and the lights alongside the periphery of it are lit softly as dark blue shades are drawn up in the sky.

            “Are you trying to bribe me?” Chanyeol asks while taking two chocolate chip cookies and biting scrumptiously into one.

            “You look happy.”

            “I am.” Chanyeol’s eyes disappear as he smiles. Surprisingly, there are no cheesy pick-up lines coming from Kris today. Maybe it’s the cookies.

            Fall season is starting to blend into the chilling dry feel of winter. Chanyeol shifts closer to Kris for body warmth, for once allowing himself to. He feels the weight of Kris’ startled gaze while gazing out at the dark purple-green hues of the lake. After finishing the cookies, he peeks at Kris while taking more. Kris is no longer looking at him, but contently looking down at the rippling waters of the lake. Chanyeol’s glad because now he can observe Kris freely. Kris shifts a little, telling Chanyeol that he’s probably aware of his staring.

            Chanyeol’s stomach is a big rolling mass of nerves. There’s that gripping feeling around his ribs again, that tells him that he wants to own this man’s everything. To be his everything in return. To mingle their scents together until they can’t tell whose is whose. And every other time he’s felt it, he had recoiled and his senses were soon tainted by a bitter hesitance because what he was thinking was dangerous. It could get himself hurt so badly that his psychological state would never recover from the potential damage. But he wanted to change, right?

            He’s still staring when Kris turns to him and their gazes clash and meld together. He holds the contact, and not running away from this is easier than he thought. It’s actually more natural because it is the thing he’s wanted all along. Like last time, they’re so close that Chanyeol can measure the distance between them with a small ruler.

            The bag of cookies drop to the floor as Kris winds his arms around Chanyeol’s waist. Chanyeol makes a strange squeaking kind of sound and instinctively tries to step away. He said he’s not going to run away this time, but that doesn’t mean they can be – this – close – this soon…! Kris just tightens his grip on Chanyeol.

            “Nuh-uh. You’re not getting away,” Kris says, his smile challenging as his breaths collide with Chanyeol’s lips. Then he closes the gap.

            The quality of the kiss is unexpectedly soft, despite the hard grip that Kris has on Chanyeol’s hips. Kris presses his lips to Chanyeol’s like he’s taste-testing a dish, brushing their mouths together and pulling away before connecting them again. It takes every fiber of Chanyeol’s will-power not to melt into a puddle of goo right then and there. Instead, his fingers find the silky strands of Kris’ hair and he pulls Kris towards him, tongue hungrily probing for more velvety hotness. His reaction catches them both off-guard, but Kris recovers quickly to open his mouth under Chanyeol’s insistent actions. His hand runs up his back in a deliberately slow fashion and Chanyeol shivers against Kris’ chest, trying to remember to breathe through his nose even though his brain is short-circuiting and frying at the same time.

            Then, Kris seems to have given up on the concept of self-control, because he almost seems to be trying to eat Chanyeol whole with his mouth alone and Chanyeol oddly does not mind. He lets out strangled moans cut off in the back of his throat, and there are no fireworks going off in the back of his eyelids but there is wonderful heat coursing through his veins, adrenaline making his heartbeat race at the same pace as Kris’.

            When they pull away, a thin string of saliva breaking between them as they move away, Chanyeol definitely feels drunk. Like he’s maybe had too many glasses of the finest wine there ever existed.

            “Good night, baby.” Kris is chuckling a little at Chanyeol’s dazed expression. His fingers caress Chanyeol’s jaw line, leaving a trail of wildfire in their wake. “Keep the cookies.”

            Chanyeol, sadly, has to donate the cookies to Jongdae in compensation for Sehun munching on his chips every time he is over there.

 

            A red string dangles and swings from Chanyeol’s hand as he does his best not to skip on this fine, fine morning. Rays of sunlight light up his grin even more (Sehun would totally suspect that he had gotten laid last night if he saw him right now – and no, he didn’t get laid. But close).

            His smile gets even wider when he spots a familiar set of broad shoulders walking out of a class.

            “Hey,” he says. Kris looks at him, and his eyebrows reach his hairline in surprise. There is warmth in his eyes, though, that Chanyeol just wants to surround himself with like a comforting blanket.

            “Baby.” Kris’ tone turns into a tinge of mischievous. “Are you stalking me?”

            Chanyeol sniffs. “I just happened to be passing by.” No need to mention that he had to make several emergency calls and frantic texts to Lu Han last night to dig out information about Kris’ schedule to be able to ‘happen upon Kris leaving his class at the exact same time that he passes by’. He steps closer and takes one of Kris’ large hands (the ones that held him like he would never let go yesterday). Chanyeol furrows his eyebrows as he tangles the red thread around their hands together, forming a visible connection between them. Kris is staring at him like his heart might be slowly squeezing itself to death.

            “How about you let me take you out on a date after class today? Instead of the other way around,” Chanyeol says, giving the string a tug so that they’re breathing the same air again.

            Kris is tangling their hands together, carefully gauging Chanyeol’s expression. “Sounds perfect,” he says.

            And Chanyeol lets himself relax and matches Kris’ bright smile.

 

            (Months later, in one of the rare moments that Jongin and Chanyeol hang out without Sehun there, Jongin will tell Chanyeol that you seem different now.

           And Chanyeol will say, How?

            Jongin will give this little half-assed shrug. You’re more confident. Willing to try new things. Has Kris been rubbing off on you? And I didn’t mean that in the innuendo sort of way, ugh.

           Chanyeol will laugh. You’re the one who first caught the pun.

           Kris’ sister will say something similar to Chanyeol, except it’s the other way around. I think Kris has gotten calmer nowadays. More smiley, too. It’s really weird to see him like that, but I like you. You’re good for him.

           Chanyeol will just accept the compliment and the usual pat on the head with a big smile, partly because he really likes the cookies that she bakes.)