How To Make A Box With Things In It

simple // ur most basic layout tutorials thread

Wow... I haven't updated in a while now..
ANYWAY! :3
I'm going to teach how to make a box with things in it.
Like the foreword and descirption...
I think some of you asked for a tutorial on it, yes?
Well here it is. (:

It's basically the exact same thing as making a border around an image. Just the placing is different. To make a box, you go into 'Source'. I have it up in the second chapter and it says that the tag < p > is to start the paragraph and the tag < /p > is to end it.
Well, all you really have to do is go into 'Source' and type in
< p style="border-style: (ch. 3); border-width: #px;"/ >
border-style is the style you want the border to be; like solid, dashed, dotted, inset-- chapter two has the rest.
border-width is how thick you want the border to be. Really simple and easy to remember.
Example: < p style="border-style: dotted; border-width: 3px;"/ >

As you can see, the border-style is dotted and the border-width is 3px.

Example: < p style="border-style: dashed; border-width: 1px;"/ >

Now the border-style is changed to dashed and the border-width is set to 1px so the border isn't as thick as the first example's.

And that's it. But before I move on, I must tell you. The 'style' tag is very very very special. This tag beautifies everything. Which is why it's so inportant when making layouts.
Optional

This section is optional. It's not necessary when making a box but.. it'd beautify your box even more rather than just some black dotted border or something with text in it.
padding is the spacing between the border and the text or the things inside the box.
color is the color of the border and only the border/
background-color is the color of the background. Only the background inside the box though.
I think that's about it for designing (I think that's the right word..) your box.
 
Example: < p style="border-style: dotted; border-width: 2px; padding: 10px;"/ >

See how there's space between the border and text? That's what padding does.

Example: < p style="border-style: dashed; border-width: 1px; color: #ff9ca2;"/ >

And this is what color does. However, if you change the border to a certain color, that color will automatically become the base/primary color of your layout instead of black. I did not change the color of this text. It automatically is pink since the color is set to pink (#ff9ca2).

Example: < p style="border-style: double; border-width: 5px; background-color: #ff9ca2;"/ >

And this is how you change the background color of your box.