Chapter 1

I've Been Like This

Chapter 1

.

.

.

A gentle wind blew softly around them. a girl stood still, a little squirrel located on top of a branches of a big tree had caught the gaze her eyes. a boy tilted his head some in curousity wondering what had caught the young girl’s gaze. He even caught of sight of it was a little squirrel.

“I wish I could hold it” ten years old Sooji said. The words Sooji said struck determination in the young boy’s face. He was going to get it for her no matter what. Myungsoo started climbing up to the very top of the tree. Sooji broke out of her gaze almost instantly her face was overdrawn with concern when she saw Myungsoo.

“Myungsoo, what are you doing!” she shouted.

“I’m going to get that squirrel” he said as he continued his ascent up the tree. “Don’t worry Sooji-ah!”

“Forget that squirrel! You are going to get hurt. Myungsoo come back here!” she cried.

The words Sooji used were going in and out of Myungsoo’s head. He didn’t care what she said, only one thing was going through his mind, and that was making Sooji happy by getting that little animal.

Sooji watched as Myungsoo made his way up. ‘till he reached up to the part of the tree whre the little squirrel rested. That animal looked at Myungsoo silently still holding a peanut. Myungsoo quietly reached that squirrel.  Catched it slowly in between his hands, but before he could make his way down, he heard the tree branch beneath him snapping. Myungsoo hold that squirrel closer to his body as he plummeted down to the ground, falling down hard.

“Kim Myungsoo!” Sooji cried out, quickly running over to him as she looked at him with fear in her eyes, praying he wasn’t hurt. “Are you okay…?”

“I’m okay….” Myungsoo couldn’t hold it in anymore as he let out a soft cry of pain.

“I told you not to go….” She said barely above a whisper.

“Let me see it” Sooji said with a strong determination in her voice, Myungsoo realizing she wouldn’t take no for an answer.

Myungsoo rolled up his sleeve revealing the wound as a smile line of red blood could be seen trickling down his arm. Sooji could see tears forming in Myungsoo’s eyes. It was then that she slipped her cream ribbon from out of her hair letting her long hair wing loose.

“Thank you Sooji-ah….” Myungsoo said as he got up and opened his hand. To showed the girl the cute animal still holding a peanut while stared at her.

“Do you want to try to hold him?” Myungsoo asked with a smile plastered his face.

Sooji just nooded and opened her palm. She wait for Myungsoo to put that animal onto her palm. Sooji’s eyes glittered as the cute animal sniffed her palm. Smiling brightly as she patted the head of the squirrel. Then looked at myungsoo, she leaned over to give him a light kiss on the cheek. “Thank you Myungsoo….”

“Sooji-ah….”

Myungsoo and Sooji look at the owner of that voice. They saw Sooji’s mother walked to their direction. As she stopped in front of them.

“Let’s back to home Sooji-ah, Your dad is waiting” she said as she looked at Myungsoo.

Sooji nodded, then looked at Myungsoo with sad face “I’m sorry Myungsoo, I should go back right now”

She bent down and released the squirrel before helped Myungsoo to his feet as she began the long walk home with her mother leaving Mungsoo. Alone with his thought why his best friend looked like that.

---

“Mom, I’m home” Myungsoo said as he entered his little house.

“Myungsoo, where are you going?” his mother asked.

“Just playing with sooji, mom” he short explained as he opened the refrigerator and took a mineral water from it.

“You had as much fun,” she paused “It’s good, because you won’t be having the chance again anytime soon,” she added with a sad expression on her face. She was trying to hide it but it was no use.

Myungsoo looked at her mother with confused look. He raised an eyebrow and looked at her mother. “What do you mean? What’s going on?” he asked curiously.

“She’s leaving, Myungsoo”

Without another second to spare, Myungsoo put a bottle in his hand onto the table and quickly run towards the big house that Sooji currently lived in. he knock at the door before someone open it.

“Myungsoo, what’s happen?” Sooji’s mother asked with confused look when looked Myungsoo’s face that full with sweat.

“I’m looking for Sooji, is she-“ before Myungsoo could continue his word, the little girl came. His eyes traveled over to Sooji who had something important in her mind.

“Myungsoo….”

“What’s going on Sooji? You aren’t leaving, are you?” he asked.

“I’m –leaving Myungsoo,” Sooji whispered and lowered her head. Tears fell down from her eyes then hit the soft ground.

“That’s nothing big. You’re going to come back so everything will be fine,” Myungsoo laughed. “You said you will always stay by my side,”

Sooji’s mom knew he was denial. She already knew about everything. Since there was a small crush between her little daughter and that boy. Parting with one another would be hard.

“I’m leaving and didn’t come back!” Sooji burst out and ran inside her house crying.

Myungsoo was silent as he watched Sooji in shock. His mouth hung open but he couldn’t say a thing. It was as his vocal cords was tied up.

“I’m sorry about that,” Sooji’s mother said and watched her daughter direction then turned her attention back to the boy. “We are leaving tomorrow noon. If you want to say goodbye say it then at the dock. It’s getting dark. Please get home safely”

Myungsoo was only able to nod his head slightly. As he did so his feet, without notice, started to drag his body away from the big house.

---

“Sooji-ah hurry we have to get going,” Sooji’s mother told her daughter as she picked up her bags and loaded the ship.

“I guess I have to go now,” Sooji whispered and let her tears fall from her eyes as they met with Myungsoo’s.

“Sooji-ah..We will meet again, didn’t we?” asked Myungsoo.

Sooji shook her head slowly “I don’t know Myungsoo, my dad didn’t tell when we can back again to this place” she said with sad face.

“But-“ he paused “you promise-“ he didn’t continued and hung his own word. Myungsoo just looked at her helplessly.

“I’m sorry Myungsoo” she said as she walked near Myungsoo. Then hugged him tightly “I’ll always be by your side no matter what happen…”

“Bye Sooji….” Myungsoo mumbled and watched as she release her hug and boarded the ship. Her eyes never leaving his own.

The ship slowly started to depart from the port. Myungsoo’s hand balled into fist as tears ran down his cheeks. Once the ship was a distance away, he ran after it ‘til he got to the edge of the dock.

“Sooji-ah!” Myungsoo yelled and started to wave, “Someday, I’ll see you again!”

Tears flowed down his cheeks freely. He didn’t care who saw him or what anybody would say if they did.

She nodded and started to wave back to him.

“I’ll wait for that day!” She cried out to him as the ship traveled farther away from her home and Myungsoo.

Sooji-ah….”

.

.

.

.

.

kimmyungsoojung © 2013


My 4th story, popped in my dream.. then I decide to write a new story

I just wanna know how's your opinion.. just say what you want don't be shy

REVIEW COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE please^__^ reader!!! >.<