CHAPTER 3: THE TRUTHS THAT WE HAVE TO FACE…

LOVE ME AGAIN

A knock sounded at the door which told Si Hoo and So Min that the ones they would meet already arrived.

“That must be them”, So Min said as she heard a knock on their door.

Si Hoo nodded with a smile before he said, “enter”.

The door opened and it revealed the two people they did not expect to see but their hearts longed for…

“Good evening”, Hyun Joong said as he and Chae Won bowed shallowly.

“Good evening”, Si Hoo said as he and So Min stood and also bowed.

“Hyun Joong, don’t tell me…” So Min was not able to finish her words out of surprise.

“Yes, Ms. Jung, I and my fiancé, Ms. Moon would want to ask your clothing company to design the clothes for our wedding and your fiancé’s company to renovate the mansion we just bought”, Hyun Joong confirmed what So Min could not bring to ask.

“Chae Won, how could this happen?” Si Hoo could not help but ask.

“Hyun Joong and I plan to settle here in South Korea now. One of the biggest interior designing companies here hired me to be one of their top designers since I specialized in American and European interior designs and that position is open there. Hyun Joong here is currently a doctor in one of the exclusive hospitals here”, Chae Won answered.

“Chae Won, that’s not what I’m asking you and you know that”, Si Hoo said.

“We better order first before we discuss anything else”, So Min tried to intervene and sound normal although the beating of her heart told her otherwise.

They called the serving crew and they placed their orders. When their orders arrived they ate awkwardly…aware that there were so many questions they would want to ask and so many things they would want to say.

“Please, could we just stop pretending? Could we just stop pretending that this is a business meeting because we know that it isn’t”, So Min said as she was already unable to control her feelings.

“What do you mean, Ms. Jung?” Hyun Joong asked as he looked at her as he sipped his wine.

“Let’s talk, Hyun Joong, please, let’s talk”, So Min asked.

“And if I don’t want to?” Hyun Joong asked challengingly.

“You don’t want to? After we parted years ago you’re saying that you don’t want to?” So Min sarcastically asked.

“We don’t have anything to say to each other”, Hyun Joong said.

“Yes, you have, Hyun Joong; and, while the two of you are at it…I might as well speak with Chae Won”, Si Hoo said.

“Chae Won have nothing to say to you”, Hyun Joong sharply said.

“Hyun Joong, please, we might as well speak with them”, Chae Won said as she pressed her hand to Hyun Joong and felt him trembled.

“Okay, let’s go outside”, Hyun Joong agreed.

Hyun Joong brought So Min to a playground while Si Hoo brought Chae Won to a park near Han River…

“What do you wish to say, So Min?” Hyun Joong asked.

So Min did not say anything at all at first…she just moved closer and embraced Hyun Joong. Hyun Joong’s eyes widened as he felt warmth spread in his body and his heart beat faster.

“I missed you so much, Hyun Joong, all those years ago. I missed you so much”, So Min whispered as tears coursed to her cheeks.

Hyun Joong closed his eyes before he grabbed So Min and put her away from him.

“You don’t think me a fool, right?” Hyun Joong sarcastically asked as he eyed So Min anger plain in his eyes.

“No…never, Hyun Joong, please let me explain before you push me away again”, So Min pleaded.

“Explain yourself then…I’ll give you ten minutes to do that and your time starts now”, Hyun Joong said as he looked at his watch.

“My parents tricked me…they said that they’d let me continue with my relationship with you if only I’d go to Paris and study but they did not mean what they said. I tried to escape but they posted guards on my door. I tried my best to study so that when I returned here I’d see you again and we can escape together”, So Min explained as she was crying for all those years she lost when she should have spent those years with Hyun Joong.

“Your parents threw me out of your gates like a stray dog. They told me that you realized that you need to marry a rich man because you’re an heiress and not fit for a beggar like me!” Hyun Joong angrily said.

“No…I never thought of you as a beggar! I returned here and looked for you but your friend said that you went to US to study!” So Min tried to convince Hyun Joong.

“I went to US and carried with me the thought that I have to be rich so when we see each other again you and your family can’t look down on me anymore”, Hyun Joong said.

“I never looked down on you. I love you still, Hyun Joong; and, it never changed ever”, So Min said.

“You love me? You love me? But you’re engaged to another man”, Hyun Joong angrily said.

“Yes, I and Si Hoo are engaged but it is just because of our families. Si Hoo and I are never a couple…we’re just friends. Si Hoo is crazy in love with Chae Won”, So Min replied.

“I’m getting married, So Min, so we might as well face the fact that we’re not meant to be”, Hyun Joong said.

“Hyun Joong, please...don't marry Chae Won. Si Hoo loves Chae Won so much and you...you mean the world to me and I can't let you be anyone's husband but mine” So Min said emotionally and Hyun Joong tried his best not to embrace her and comfort her.

“Let’s go... I better bring you back to Si Hoo at that restaurant”, Hyun Joong said as he turned his back and walked towards to where his car was parked. So Min followed him as she tears fell from her eyes.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

At the park near Han River…Chae Won and Si Hoo also confronted each other…

“I waited for you, Chae Won; but, you never came back as you promised”, Si Hoo started.

“You waited for me while you were busy dating one heiress after another”, Chae Won said.

“Those pictures didn’t mean anything. My parents were the ones who arranged those meetings and I tried to contact you to explain but you were already out of reach”, Si Hoo defended himself.

"I admit...I was so angry and insecure that time, Si Hoo; but, what can a poor orphan do then? You're mother hated me so much. I knelt in front of her and begged her not to separate us...but she never listened", Chae Won said as bitter tears fell from her eyes.

"You could at least have told me the truth...I would have fought for you... would have left everything for you...but you left me and made me believe that you chose your career over me", Si Hoo bantered back as tears also fell from his eyes.

"I hate being weak...I hate being helpless...I hate you for making me feel helpless and weak!" Chae Won bitterly said.

"I still love you, Chae Won. Please, don't marry, Hyun Joong. So Min loves him so much and I...I love you so much to allow you to marry another", Si Hoo said in a broken voice.

“We should just accept it, Si Hoo, we’re not meant to be”, Chae Won said as she stood and turned her back to walk to the car when she felt Si Hoo embraced her from behind.

“Please, don’t leave me again, Chae Won, I found out what my parents…my mother did to you. I’m so sorry for all those years you’d been without me”, Si Hoo said as he put his face on the hollow on Chae Won’s shoulders and cried as he tried to absorb the warmth of her body.

Chae Won closed her eyes before she detached herself from Si Hoo’s embrace.

“I’m getting married, Si Hoo; and, you’re already engaged to be married to another. Let’s leave it at that”, Chae Won sadly said as she walked to Si Hoo’s car. Si Hoo followed but before he started the engine…

“I’ll have you back, Chae Won. You'll end up as my wife”, Si Hoo told Chae Won who remained quiet and looked straight on the road ahead.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

They all came back to the restaurant where they came from…

“About our wedding, if you won’t be amenable to do the details for us…we’re…” Hyun Joong said but she was unable to finish before So Min replied.

“I’ll design your wedding clothes for you”, So Min said.

“I’ll plan the renovation of your mansion”, Si Hoo said to Chae Won’s surprise.

“Great! Let’s just be professional and do this”, Chae Won agreed.

“We’ll see you then for the preparation”, Hyun Joong said before he and Chae Won entered his Porsche and they went on their way.

“We’ll have them back, Si Hoo”, So Min said.

“My thoughts exactly, So Min because if they’d be married they would be with us”, Si Hoo agreed with a smile as they planned to use the wedding preparations to win back the ones they loved.

Inside the car, Hyun Joong and Chae Won were quiet…until Hyun Joong decided to break his silence…

“She explained to me…she explained everything to me”, Hyun Joong started.

“Si Hoo said that he already found out what his mother did and he wanted me back”, Chae Won said.

“Do you still love him?” Hyun Joong asked.

“I love you, Hyun Joong”, Chae Won replied instead.

“You love him still, right? Tell me the truth, Chae Won, because more than our love and friendship we have honesty between us”, Hyun Joong said because he knew the truth.

“Yes, I love him still…so much that it hurts here to tell him otherwise”, Chae Won replied as she put her hand to feel her heart.

“I love her still, Chae Won; I’m sorry because I still love So Min so much; but, I also love you”, Hyun Joong said.

“It’s because we’re friends and more than that we had been together through all those times”, Chae Won said.

“We’ll still marry, right?” Hyun Joong asked trying to be convinced that he was doing right.

“Yes, we’ll still marry, Hyun Joong”, Chae Won agreed trying to believe that she did well.


Hi everyone! Thank you for reading, subscribing and commenting on my story.