Human Nature

Human Nature

—human nature

The blonde haired artist never really wanted to paint or draw anything that wasn't a scenery, but she knew that if she was going to continue her career, she needed to make a change. Sceneries were beautiful, yes, and they were her strong point as far as she knew, but people expected more of her. She wasn't one to submit to the demands of society, but in this case, her only income source was on the line. She needed to find someone that could strike the creativity inside of her to make portraits of human beings.

It was human nature to want to fit in, and the female painter had always been slightly eccentric, and unaccepted. Joining the world of artists helped her get out of the wacko title, because what artist isn't weird in some way? Her ual orientation didn't help in making herself concealed from the wall of people who thought she was weird and didn't belong. Art was an escape for Kim Taeyeon.

 

—10:43. March 9th, 20XX.

She ran her hands through her hair, and set the paintbrush down after a couple streaks of blue onto the canvas. She finished her latest piece of work; a monochrome design, that featured a blue moon and a grayscale city. Taeyeon turned in her chair to look at her surroundings. A yellow, gleaming sunset, exploding out of a monochrome shoreline; a grayscale forest, save the small streaks of purple, representing berries on a bush. A virtual world of paintings built a passageway to her escape, and Taeyeon sighed.

She needed a model that could help her break out of the monotony of monochrome sceneries.

 

—14:32. March 10, 20XX.

It doesn't take long for Taeyeon to decide and go look for someone to hopefully give her some inspiration. She runs into a close friend on the way to the café. Jessica offers to help her find the perfect model. Trusting Jessica's judgement, Taeyeon takes the rest of the week off; staying in her flat, and catching up on some much needed rest.

 

—04:27. March 18, 20XX.

A very excited Jessica calls Taeyeon at an ungodly hour of the day, and exclaims that she has found the perfect model for Taeyeon. Irritated that she was woken up so randomly, Taeyeon had hung up on the other girl. 

 

—17:00. March 18, 20XX.

Jessica calls again, and they manage to schedule a time when Taeyeon can meet her potential model. Jessica's judgement was rarely wrong, but there is a first for everything. They decide that the will meet later in the week, and Taeyeon wonders what gotten Jessica so hyped up.

 

—19:51. March 20, 20XX.

Taeyeon hasn't touched her paintbrushes and paints since a week ago. She's losing her inspiraton, and she's worried that it might lead to her downfall. What if she never gets her inspiration back? What if Jessica's judgement about this model was wrong? Taeyeon prayed that her doubts were just being overdramatic.

 

—10:00. March 21, 20XX.

Jessica was late. But then again, Jessica was never on time. Fashionably late, she would insist on calling it, but Taeyeon didn't buy that crap. If you're late, you're late. No excuses. 

The blonde absentmindly swirled her spoon in her coffee. 

Time was ticking, and her inspiration was fading.  Maybe she should quit painting and get a more normal job. Maybe it would be better to follow what human nature joked;

If you're running out of inspiration, quit.

Taeyeon didn't want to quit.

 

—10:45. March 21, 20XX.

Leave it to Jessica Jung to make you get up and prepare to leave, but become forced to sit back down because the aforementioned girl had just sashayed into the café. Taeyeon quickly noticed that she was alone.

"Tae," Jessica called, pulling her over. Taeyeon looked up at Jessica.

"What?" 

"Her name is Hwang Tiffany; and she's a bit nervous to meet someone famous," Jessica informed, "And, she's also biual if you ever want to woo her,"

Taeyeon smacked Jessica's arm, "I'm not like you!"

Jessica waved the subtle insult off, "Yeah, yeah, whatever,"

The taller girl made her way out of the door to get Tiffany.

 

—10:52. March 21, 20XX.

Stunned. That was the only word to describe how Kim Taeyeon felt right now. She didn't think that when Jessica said beautiful, she meant stunningly attractive. Hell, she was more attractive than Jessica herself; in Taeyeon's eyes. 

She was perfect, from the way she so casually stood, to that adorable eye smile she did when she greeted Taeyeon. The three had a casual conversation, and Taeyeon studied Tiffany's features. She would memorize them; drill them into her head; make an identical replica to tattoo into the back of her mind.

 

—13:46. April 7, 20XX.

After the first meeting with Tiffany, Taeyeon didn't see her around, but she couldn't get the girl off her mind either. Taeyeon found herself trying to paint and draw things, but everything turned out to be something related to Tiffany. It wasn't she had a problem with painting the beautiful girl, it was just things didn't quite look right, and it frustrated Taeyeon. The artist's phone rang.

"Hello?" She answered the phone.

"It's me, Jessica," Jessica answered. "Just calling to invite you to my birthday party," 

Taeyeon sighed, "I have better things to do than to get drunk at your little party," 

"Tiffany will be there," Jessica simply stated.

"I'll be there," Taeyeon replied, before hanging up the phone.

At least she was assured that she could see the girl who gave her some sort of inspiration again. Maybe this time, she would be able to finally get the masterpiece right.

 

—19:25. April 18, 20XX.

Taeyeon found herself enjoying the party quite a bit. She had to hand it to Jessica; the girl sure knew how to throw a party. Flirty looks were exchanged between herself and the girl with red loose curls that sat on the other side of the circular table.

This time, Taeyeon confirmed that the girl was perfect, and her masterpiece began forming in her head. Holding a hand out to Tiffany, Taeyeon raised her voice to be heard by Tiffany over the music.

"Will you be my model, Ms. Hwang?" She asked.

Tiffany's eyes sparkled, and she flashed that adorable eye smile, "Yes, of course!"

The girl's voice was sweet as honey, with a slight husky sound to it. Taeyeon loved it.

 

—23:27. April 18, 20XX.

As Jessica's birthday party came to a close, Taeyeon's eyes wandered over to Tiffany, who smiled at the girl she was talking to. She found hersellf smiling along, and Jessica came to stand beside the monochrome artist. 

"What's going on in your mind, Tae?" Jessica asked, a glass of something in between her fingers.

"She's the one that will feature in my next work of art," Taeyeon said, "Black and white, with fiery red hair as an accent; the indirect expression of colours. Love,"

Jessica nodded, understanding her friend's strange words. "Yeah, it's impossible to not like Tiffany,"

Taeyeon smiled lightly, "And I think this is more than liking someone; this was love at first sight."

Looking over at Jessica, Taeyeon flashed a grin, "And because it's impossible to hate her; loving her is human nature,"

Tiffany was the completion of her virtual world. Someone that she could rely on for inspiration. Her imaginary artistic dimension was complete with another person's existence; and it's human nature to want to be with someone, rather than alone. Living in both the artistic world, and reality; Taeyeon's life was complete.

—end