Chapter One: Help

Always By You [Discontinued Until Further Notice]

"Yah, Student Jung Daehyun! Answer me!" The teacher, Mr. Seo, yelled for the umpteenth time, hitting the table with the stick in his hand threatening Daehyun.

And again, Daehyun just looked away, refusing to reply.

"That's it!" He yelled as he raised the stick. Just then, Yoonjoo ran into the office.

"Mr. Seo! What are you doing?" She yelled as she entered the office and he lowered his stick.

"Yah, Student Song Yoonjoo. Tell him to reply to me." He said as he pointed at Daehyun with it, "If he doesn't reply to me immediately, he gets two weeks of detention."

"What exactly did he do wrong?" Yoonjoo asked.

"In class, I asked him to answer a question and he refused. When I asked him again, he threw a book at me and –"

"It didn't even hit you." Daehyun stated, cutting him off.

"Oh, now you answer me!" Mr. Seo shouted sarcastically, "It doesn't matter if it didn't hit me! You insulted a teacher! And it's not like it's the first time you've done it."

There was a moment of silence, a thick and stuffy atmosphere surrounding them, when Yoonjoo decided to speak up.

Yoonjoo looked at the teacher with pleading eyes, "Is there any way for you to let him off?"

"If he apologizes, for once." Mr. Seo said thinking thoroughly.

Yoonjoo looked at Daehyun wanting to beg him to do so, but she knew better. The last thing Jung Daehyun would ever do is apologize for anything.

"Is there any other way?" She asked again.

Mr. Seo didn't even need to think about it. "Absolutely, no way."

"Then, I apologize on Student Jung Daehyun's behalf," Yoonjoo said and then slowly bent down onto her knees, "And please let me take whatever punishment you would've given him. I'll take complete responsibility for his actions."

He stared at Yoonjoo in disbelief but Daehyun didn't. Yoonjoo always took his spot in punishment ever since they were middle schoolers... and he hated it.

Mr. Seo coughed, clearing his throat, and began speaking, "W-Well, if you insist. S-Since you're such a good student, I s-suppose that one week of detention is fine."

Yoonjoo's face brighten a little and bowed to him, "Thank you, Teacher."

When it came to penalties, one week of detention was one of the least she had ever gotten and so she was glad to accept it. Daehyun's eyes became darker, if it was possible, stood up, and left the room without a word. Mr. Seo would have scolded him again if Yoonjoo hadn't abruptly yell.

"Well then, have a good day, Teacher!" Then, she left the room, following Daehyun like a puppy.

"Are you okay? Mr. Seo didn't do anything to you, right?" Yoonjoo asked Daehyun looking everywhere on him, smiling brightly as if nothing had seemed wrong from before.

"Do I look hurt to you?" He asked as he continued walking at a speed Yoonjoo could barely catch up with her small steps.

"Good point." She chuckled, ignoring how mean he had phrased it.

Daehyun suddenly stopped and Yoonjoo followed, almost bumping into him.

"Will you stop?" Daehyun asked, annoyed.

"Stop what?" She asked innocently.

"Following me around. It's not like we're in elementary school anymore, Song Yoonjoo." He said with resentment in his eyes.

"It's fun though! Plus, I like it." Yoonjoo exclaimed happily, ignoring the seriousness in Daehyun's words.

"You're hopeless. When are you going to wake up from that fantasy of yours?" Daehyun bitterly said and walked away again.

This time Yoonjoo had actually felt Daehyun's words. They screamed, 'Leave me alone.' Therefore, she followed it.

"See you later after school!" She shouted as she waved enthusiastically although Daehyun didn't see it. Even so, she smiled.

Daehyun and Yoonjoo had been together since they were young, going through elementary school, middle school, and now high school together. All because their parents were so close, being high school besties and all. However in the summer before Daehyun & Yoonjoo's first year of middle school, their parents had passed away due to an accident. Yoonjoo moved in with her grandmother and because Daehyun didn't have any close relatives, he moved in with Yoonjoo's grandmother too.

After their parents had passed away, Daehyun and Yoonjoo weren't particularly close anymore. Daehyun had distanced himself from her and Yoonjoo had coped with it for the first couple of months. But later on, she had grown tired of it and she missed him. Almost as much as she had missed her and his parents, she missed Daehyun dearly. After a few years, Yoonjoo's grandmother had also passed away but Yoonjoo and Daehyun still remained at the house. Yoonjoo's grandmother had left all of her belongings to them after all, including the house and all the money she had. And now there they are, the cold Jung Daehyun and the persistent Song Yoonjoo.

"Daehyun wasn't walking back to class though..." Yoonjoo thought aloud as she began walking towards the class.

She knew it had meant that he went somewhere and wasn't going to come back to school or go home anytime soon, like he usually did. Where he went all the time was still a mystery though, even after so many years.

"I hope he doesn't stay out long." She whispered worriedly as she walked into class.


[End of Chapter 1]

Author's Note:

So, how was the first chapter? ^^

If there are any spelling, grammar, etc. mistakes, please notify me.

Have a Good Day~

 

"VICTORY!"