Annabelle

Heart of Gold

2 years ago…

“Don’t you die on me Annabelle! Don’t you dare!” Nichkhun said. Your heart was failing and he was carrying you running to the hospital. The hospital went into emergency mode and tried to get you stabilized. It seems your heart from the recent transplant you had has rejected your body. The doctors gave you anti-rejection drugs to help stabilize the heart to keep you alive and then they took you into the operating room. “We gave her a new heart and it’s working very well. She has been moved to the ICU. You may go see her now,” the doctor said.

“Thank god you’re alive. Do you know how worried I was?” Nichkhun was talking to you while you were still sleeping from the anesthetics. He held your hand. “You’ve had five transplants in two years. Let’s hope this heart can last long for you.”

2 years later….

“Oppa!” You called. “Hey Annabelle! Ready to go?” You nodded. Nichkhun came to pick you up from school. Ever since the recent transplant you had, it hasn’t rejected your body ever since. You are now going to school like a normal teenager. Sometimes you had to take medication and be hooked to an IV to keep the heart working, but other than that you’re fine.

“Do you want to see 2PM oppas today?” Nickhun asked you. “Yeah! Yeah!” You said excitedly. He laughed. “I thought you’d like that. It’s been a while since they saw you last. They missed you.” “Ah, chincha?” You laughed. Nichkhun soon reached JYP studios. You just ran inside. “This girl…she didn’t even greet the staff.” Nichkhun said. “It seems like Annabelle is doing well.” one of the stylists said. “Yes. Let’s hope she stays healthy for a long time.” “Oppa!” You ran into his arms. “Annabelle! Aigoo! It’s great to see you again!” The man wrapped his bulky arms around you. It was Taecyeon. You laughed. “Me too.” “I heard Taec’s voice. What’s up?” Nichkhun came into the room. “Khun hyung! Glad to see you again! It’s been a while! How have you been man?” Wooyoung said. “I’m great. It’s not been the same without you guys. Taking care of my sister was troublesome for the two years I was gone, but it was worth it because I love her so much!” He said. Your expression turned sour. “O-oppa, you..you don’t really mean that right? I’m not that troublesome, am I?” Nichkhun suddenly turned serious. “Ani, ani! I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said it that way. I meant it in a brotherly caring way. Please don’t misunderstand.” You nodded. “Okay. I don’t want oppa to start hating on me now.” You said jokingly. “Now why would I hate you?” He laughed. 

The boys then proceeded with practice. They danced to “Hands Up” and you got a front row seat. You wish to dance with them, but you know Nichkhun won’t let you because he’ll worry that you might get short out of breath and your heart will cause you trouble again so you just watched. And so this ends the story of your past of your fragile heart.