of peaches and armani

disasters waiting to happen

 

It was a mark of how accustomed he was to the antics of his teammates that the ink from his pen didn't even blot when the door to his office slammed open, bouncing off the wall with a loud bang. 
 
"GE!"
 
He allowed himself an inward sigh at the familiar scandalised exclamation, but continued to write steadily to the end of the sentence before setting down the black fountain pen and removing his glasses to look up at the fuming man in front of him. And he was literally fuming - small wisps of grey smoke rose from the soot-blackened material of his suit, and his face was smeared with ash.
 
"What now, Taozi." It wasn't even a question. 
 
"KIM JONGDAE."
 
Yifan rolled his eyes, his suspicions confirmed - not that there had really been any doubt. The last time Zitao had come bursting in screeching his head off about the hacker was almost five hours ago. Jongdae must've been getting bored.
 
"This is the last time I swear to God, I'm going to get a hold of his head and-" Zitao made a quick but violent gesture in midair.
 
"Slow down, Zitao. What did he do this time?"
 
The question earned him a glare.
 
"Really, ge? Really?" he gestured to his ruined clothes. "This was Armani, ge. Armani. Do you have any idea how much this cost?"
 
"You talk as if you don't have a dozen more hanging in your closet," Yifan replied, ignoring the glower still aimed at him. Besides, he wasn't the one in charge of funds, and he'd never really cared for designer labels.
 
"Well, half a dozen, but, but!" Zitao said quickly, flapping his hands when Yifan shook his head and bent over his papers again. "It's the principle, ge! Jongdae has no respect for me!"
 
"Of course he does." Yifan frowned when he looked over the agreement he had drafted up. No wait, this isn't right- that's for the Liu family, the Li's already paid last month.
 
"No he doesn't, ge! Why else would he insist on messing with my stuff so damn often?"
 
"Maybe you should lay off trying to mess with his programming then?" Yes yes, that's right, Luhan had just smoothed over everything with the Li's two weeks ago, so this time he should be-
 
Zitao huffed. "I don't mess with his programming - I'm just trying to help - I mean, his work has no art to it at all, ge. It's so...cold and...numerical."
 
"Maybe he likes it that way? Or maybe that's not the way he sees it," the blond looked back up for a moment at the pouting boy. "Taozi, we've been over this. Leave Jongdae alone, and I'm sure he'll leave you alone. Why do you insist on wearing stuff like that at home, anyway?"
 
"Well, excuse me if I just want to look my best," the black-haired male retorted, a silent 'unlike some people' hanging in the air. "But geeeee, can't you do something about him?"
 
"I'll talk to him, okay?" Yifan was staring at his papers again, rereading his words and cross-referencing with his schedule. Well, Minseok can go meet with them instead, since Luhan's going to be in Hunan that week, though I'd much rather have Luhan deal with them...
 
"You said that last time!" Zitao whined.
 
"Well, what do you want me to do, starve him or something?"
 
"He has a fully stocked fridge in his room, that wouldn't work."
 
Yifan started, and stared at Zitao slowly. "What?"
 
"Yeah, he has a fridge in his r-"
 
"How do you know that? Jongdae never lets anyone in his room."
 
Zitao opened his mouth to replied, then closed it, a pink shade rising up his neck. "Uh-um..."
 
Yifan raised an eyebrow, unrelenting.
 
"W-well the door was open, a-and I was curious s-so..." The younger tugged at his tie uncomfortably.
 
"Uh huh."
 
"It's the truth!"
 
He clicked his tongue and lowered his eyes to his schedule again. "Uh huh."
 
"W-whatever! Just tell him to stop, okay?" the weapons master spluttered, before storming out and slamming the door shut behind him.
 
Yifan sighed at Zitao's antics. He had a feeling he knew prefectly well why Jongdae loved to tease the boy so much, and why Zitao kept overreacting, even though he definitely knew it'd be better not to. He just hoped that they'd work things out before Jongdae accidentally blew up half the house.
 
He pulled up a few documents on his computer screen and crosschecked them with the one he was editting on the table. Their relations with the subfamilies under their jurisdiction needed to be outlined with airtight documents, he had learned. The last time he'd rushed over drafting a contract, he had spent a month buried in paperwork and Luhan had had to run all over the country just because he'd written past tense instead of future.
 
"Fan?"
 
He might have been irritated at being interrupted again, but being irritated at the owner of that voice was near impossible. He looked up and smiled, leaning back into his chair, hands smoothing down the leather armrests.
 
"Hey, Xing."
 
"What was that all about?" Yixing asked as he padded across the room and behind the giant mahogany desk, settling onto Yifan's lap.
 
"Zitao and Jongdae. The usual," the blond murmured, absentmindedly patting the reddish-brown head of hair that had burrowed against his shoulder. Yixing laughed softly. "They need to work out their...issues."
 
"But it's funny to watch though," Yixing beamed up at him, lifting his bare feet off the hardwood floor to curl up closer, necessitating Yifan to shift a little to accomodate him. The brunet sighed contentedly, hugging his knees, his toes poking into Yifan's thigh.
 
"Speak for yourself - I haven't forgotten the time Taozi demolished the kitchen," Yifan grumbled. "And haven't I told you to get slippers or something? You'll catch a cold."
 
"Aww, poor duizhang, always having to worry," the other man patted his cheek, cooing. "It must be so stressful being you. Anyway, I'm perfectly fine."
 
Yifan sighed in resignation, and they were quiet for a moment while Yixing traced designs into his white dress shirt. It was only when Yixing started trailing light touches along his collarbones that he had an idea.
 
"Well, you could help with relieving some of that stress, if you know what I mean..." he said slowly, smirking and quirking an eyebrow at the man cuddled up between his legs, his meaning quite clear. Yixing blinked innocently at him, then grinned and squirmed purposefully against him, causing the older male to groan. Then he was off and at the door in a flash.
 
"Later, Fanfan. You've got work to do. Luhan's back." Yixing smiled widely at him once more, dimple flashing, then vanished down the hall.
 
Yifan was still frozen in his chair, blinking dumbly at the empty doorway, his pants uncomfortably tight. Then he fell facefirst onto his desk when he realized that this was the fifth time this week that Yixing had done this to him, and it was only Wednesday.
 
 
 
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING WHY ARE YOU STARTING ANOTHER FIC GO AND FINISH RIDE OF YOUR LIFE YOU BIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH."
*cries* IM SORRY BUT MAFIA!AU HAS BEEN GNAWING AT MY BRAIN FOR FOREVER so here you go ;----;
but uh. lol does domestic!mafia!au even exist. iF NOT IT DOES NOW.
-Ace