Back Alleys

This Time...

 


 

He hesitantly leaned closer, the other man's expressionless face discouraging him only for a second. He searched with his eyes - ice blue meeting pitch black - searched for any kind of emotion. One of the happy kind...



And found none...



He paused milimetres away from his lips, still searching. But he had always believed that actions are the ones that define the future course of events. And with that in mind, he closed the distance between them.

Lingering there without moving, pair on pair of lips. One soft and curious, one tightly pressed and dry. His eyes were still open, his face still unchanged. The blond frowned, worrying that the other's calmness was temporarily masking his fury.



You can never be 100% sure with them... - the words he had heard so many times before, echoed in his mind.



He pulled back to examine again. Still the same look, the same posture - standing straight like a well-trained soldier - and yet, there was this slight difference. Was it his imagination or had the brunet's jaw unclenched? His lips parted only a tiny bit...



The blond smiled.



After being alive for so many years, the other man had certainly mastered the art of emotional control. But that didn't mean the blond - even though he was considered a newbie compared to him - was unable to catch the flying shadow of it.

He leaned towards him once more and this time, he didn't hesitate. He kept his lips pressed there, afraid to do anything extreme without permission. Opening his mouth, he let his lips barely rub against the other's, his breath moisturising the dark pink skin. He didn't miss the sudden tension of the man's body but stopping was difficult.

The feeling of finally doing what he had been wanting and waiting for months, doing something forbidden, was by itself intoxicating. And that was a sensation he wasn't accustomed to.

Buried and forgotten after his change... No, his kind never felt those things. They were above petty details as being drawn by the mystery others emanated was. The mystery of the unknown darkness. They were still imperfect but rid of everything that could set their purpose in danger.

Although he knew that, he didn't move. What was in his head? The blond couldn't tell. He only knew how good it felt to be that close to him.



To a killer... A demon...



He sighed and let his lips run from one corner of the black-haired man's mouth to the other. More tension and the other glared at him. He stopped, aware of the fact that he had gone too far. His worried eyes searched again. The man's features were hard and cold.

Suddenly - similarly to the continental drift - his muscles relaxed. A neutral expression and then, just for a quarter of a second, he smiled. The blond's mouth ungracefully opened, awe overtaking him; to think that the man could actually display something other than a scowl, frown, irony or anger... It had taken the blond several months to see that flash of a smile. And now he was feeling so motivated: to see more, to make the man drop the facade of pessimism.

Just as he was about to speak, the other was gone, choosing to retreat over admitting certain issues. Supporting his body on the rough wall that circled the city park, the blond rested his head back, hoping the cold surface would take away the heat in his chest.

 




You know what they say about wild beasts: they hide so well when you're chasing them, only to surprise you by appearing when you're least expecting it.



He had given up on trying to lure the man out of his hiding hole - where he had buried himself after the innocent kiss - and the blond with heavy heart had concentrated on his job. He didn't hear major complaints for his lack of competence during the last weeks, but only the stern looks he got from the higher-ups were enough.

Roaming the city's streets was an effective distraction. His shift had just ended and he was stretching his aching back when he got a glimpse of total blackness. Of course, he wasn't unfamiliar with the shade, but that one was special. He slowly turned around, as if not to scare away the other person. And there were those eyes again, cold and burning at the same time.



The man felt his heart kicking in his chest .

Good thing he was the only one of his colleagues around. Most of the others preferred working during daylight.



He was standing like a statue, so still but his eyes - oh, those eyes - were electrifying the air; around them, between them, above them. The blond inhaled deeply and, for the second it took him to blink, the blackness had gotten right in front of him.

He wasn't sure if he should speak - he wasn't sure about anything that concerned him - and he thanked his Father for not having any of His other children in the area. He couldn't search either, for this time, the brunet was the one scanning his face. Midnight orbs standing on every detail of the blond's features: the scar on his temple, his straight nose, his eyelids, his cheekbones, the alluring spot right above his upper lip.



A sharp intake of air as a hand soundlessly rose to cup his face. Not hesitantly but the blond could see the confusion in the other man's eyes. Silently asking if he should do that.

His small hand softly connected with his skin, the coldness of it surprising the blond: how could he melt away anyone's resolution but he, himself be that cold?

They exchanged stares, there, on an empty side street. Noises could be heard from the nearby avenue, from the block of flats above them, from the shops down to the next square. Till everything was silenced. It took one word.



"Jungsoo."



Blood rushing in his arteries, feeling as if he was alive all over again.

Only one word coming from him, hearing his low voice after days upon days he had been deprived of it. Only his name and now the blond knew for sure that there was no turning back.



"Jungsoo" he was heard again and the man closed his eyes momentarily to savor, to imprint the sound in his memory, in a place where it would never be erased from.



A place meant only for him.



"It sounds good..."



His black eyes left the blond's and the other wondered if it was shyness. He smiled. Eyes closing again as the man's fingers started caressing his face. Digits sliding on rapidly heating skin, hovering over the sides of his eyes, his eyebrows slowly, keeping the feeling of softness under his hand. Brushing aside a few blond strands, nails gently setting a trail down to the other side. Thumb hurrying to that spot above the lips.

He traced his finger over the blond's mouth - once, twice - before pressing it under his nose. His eyebrows knitted together as he concentrated on his task, so attention-consuming to him. He didn't even notice how the blond's amused smile grew wider, how he had leaned his body closer, inspecting that part of the other man's face anatomy with such a professional intensity. How his mouth had parted, his free arm trapping the blond between him and the building's wall he had unconsciously pushed him to.



Anticipation building up in him.



"Jongwoon."



His thumb froze on the hollow, his eyes darting up to the blond's. He wasn't smiling anymore, only searching. Wondering if permission would be fully granted this time.



"Jongwoon" his heavy breath came out and the other moved his hand to the blond's jaw.

"Again..." he said in a threateningly quiet tone, angling the man's head to the right, his profile - jawline, ear and neck - all exposed.



The black-haired man inched closer, his lips brushing the newly found skin - from down to up. The blond's chest rose and fell soundly, the proximity of the man doing weird things to him. Weirder than what he had already done. He tried finding his composure and failing miserably as sharp teeth grazed the shell of his ear and settling on his lobe, the dangerous sound of breathing too close, too loud.

He pressed his back flat against the wall, stretching his neck for the brunet. Feeling those lips moving against him, forming a small smile. Cursing himself for not witnessing him, the blond struggled to coherently say what the other wanted.



"Jongwoon!"



That hand slithering down to his throat, wrapping around it.



"This sounds good too..." he murmured and inhaled the scent of the other's skin.

 

So familiar but yet tantalisingly new. The blond groaned and squirmed in the hold the man had of him. The other let go after slightly tightening his grip, since his goal wasn't the settling of this kind of hunger. Not tonight.

Taking the brunet's head in his hands, the blond pulled him up and crushed their lips together, all hesitation gone. The other placed his hand on the man's nape, bending to the right, matching the blond's fierceness. He kept his eyes open for a few moments, wanting to enjoy the sight of agonising lust, something he hadn't seen from so up close for many decades now. The blond on the man's lip, keeping it between his teeth before opening his mouth, tongue pushing past lowered defenses.



And at that point, the brunet did close his eyes, truly enthralled by the action. He caressed the blond's tongue with his own - just like before, with his fingers on his face - memorising how each taste bud felt against his own. Careful with his teeth, he pulled back a bit and brought his mouth down on the other's, inhaling just before he made contact. Literally stealing the man's breath away...

The blond fisted a hand on silky, black hair, his chest vibrating with a growl. Pulling back entirely, the brunet's eyes twinkled and he wiped a thin strand of saliva from the corner of the other's mouth.



"Not so angelic..." he whispered, sensing the man's heart-beat on every square-milimetre of his skin.

 

The blond took a deep breath and covered his face with his hands.



"Don't hate yourself" he heard that husky voice murmuring next to his ear.



He shivered, gripping the back of the other's jacket.



"I hate you..."



The sides of the man's mouth twitched upwards but he quickly collected himself. He raised his head to look into the blond's blue orbs.



At least I should be...



The other sighed and let his arms fall to his sides.



"And now?"



The mutter was barely audible as a sudden current of cold winter wind rushed through the alley. The sharp black stare softened.



"Now is over. There is tomorrow."



The blond let a laugh despite his anxiety. They stood quietly for a while, just enjoying being so close to each other, briefly forgetting all about the dangers of their choice. He brought a hand to the man's chest, feeling the sound of his foreign heart. It was dull and random, like a broken clock. He bit his lip in worry.



"When was the last time you said that?" he asked, afraid of the answer.



A sigh.



"Several years before you became what you are" the other said, cautious with his words.



The blond frowned.



"Is this bad?"

"For me or for you?"



The wind blew again and locks of hair covered the other's gloomy look.



"For everyone..."



He didn't get an answer. Only the sad eyes of the other, distant and heavy with the experiences of hundrends of years.



"Are you going to hide again?"



The blond immediately regretted asking as he was pierced by the notorious glare. He shifted in his place as his chest felt like it was being pulverised by something weighting a ton, the air leaving his lungs.



"I a-apologise!" he said, struggling to find his voice.



"How obvious you make it that you are so young..." the black-haired man hissed, his hand sliding back around the other's neck. He didn't tightened it though, but the length of the alluring skin, fixated on trailing every vein running underneath.

 

The other man swallowed to wet his dry throat.



"I must go..."



His half-lidded eyes following the movement of the protruding Adam's apple, the brunet then looked up before diving his head and the blond's pulse point. Smelling the blond pounding so much more vividly than what he always had these days...



"Next time" he said with his low voice and then, like a column of smoke blown away by the wind, he was gone.



Breathing hard as he clenched his fists to keep his hands from trembling, the blond tried processing what had happened - what he had caused to happen - anxiety rising and rising. Afraid the others would sense it and start looking for him, he shot up, right into the vast amount of clouds heavy with rain gathering on the night sky. Just a white blur to the normal eye, a trick of the moonlight shining through small patches of the gray blanket.



Next time... - he promised as he glided above everyone else.


THE END... (or not...)

 




y internet connection at University makes fanfics being updated weirdly... I opened to check and the chapter was marked hidden ==" dafuq...

Anyhow... tadaaa... And now I'll focus on EunHae again, yeshhh... 

Should I make this a full, multi-chaptered fanfic? Cause the ideas won't leave my head!! They're buzzing like flies, urging me to write and then write some more... aghhhh!! ><

Oh! And two words for video below: FEELS BOOOOOOOM