IX. Level 4: The Drills

JELLYFISH NEW CO-ED GROUP: ELEVATE, "WE ARE ONE LEVEL HIGHER" [APPLICATIONS CLOSED]

The music was still filling the room that night. 4 of the members were going home while Joo Ri was still in the practice room, watching VIXX rehearsing their dance moves. She wasn't just watching, she tried hard to memorize all their movements and silently following every of their movements at the other side of the practice room. In a flash of second, she was perfectly dancing to VIXX's "On and On" along with the music from the speaker. The boys didn't see her because they were practicing really hard for their comeback stage pre-recording the next day. It was when Seo Inguk, their label mate walked inside the room to take his things from the locker, he saw Joo Ri's perfect imitation of the dances.

 

"Whoa!" He whispered without taking his eyes off of every moves that Joo Ri made.

"Hyung! what are you looking at?" Jaehwan who was distracted spaced off the boys and approached to where Inguk is.

"She is Hakyeon's sister, isn't she?" Inguk asked.

"Yes, why?" Jaehwan asked.

"Look at her, she was dancing Hakyeon's part perfectly," Inguk said.

"Yeah, with the exact power and details just as her brother," He stood in awe.

"Joo Ri ah," N called his sister.

"Eung?" She looked at her brother and stopped dancing.

"Come here, meet Inguk hyung," N beamed.

"Oh, Oppa. nice to meet you," she shook the older's hand and bowed.

"Hakyeon ah, have you ever seen her dancing to your song?" Inguk asked.

"Nope, hyung, wae?" N asked.

"Watch her, Joo Ri ah, can you replace Hakyeon's position and dance with all the boys?" Inguk asked.

"Me?" She asked while pointing to herself, confused.

"Just go," Jaehwan lightly pushed her back.

"Okay," She finally agreed.

"music, cue," N said as he turned the music on.

As the music started, Joo Ri danced as if she was the substitute of N. Just like how N danced, she showed what she was capable of. The boys were looking at her as if she was doing a miracle in front of them. 

 

"It's late already, go back to your dorm, Jjyul," Ken said as the music stops.

"But," She tried to argue, but it was an epic fail because Ken had already tidied her things and locked her locker.

"No but, you are a girl and it's already past 1 AM. i insist to go with you," Ken said as he grabbed her hand.

"Jackets?" N smiled as he gave her the jacket.

"Thanks for today, oppa! I know i can count on you," She smiled.

"See you tomorrow everyone~ Ah! and practice for wonshik shidae is 5PM tomorrow," She said as she waved her hand.


From: Hyunwoo-Chi

Chayeoji! ppalli go to the practice room after the pre-recording..

These pabo minions are looking for their Hakyeon oppa..

Ah! not to mention Sejoon team-Jang gave us another two possible members to get together with us.

-Hhyun-

N looked at his phone and smiled. "Another new member, eh?" he smiled as he said that in his mind. He was in the midst of writing some cards for the next episodes of VIXX TV. He was planning to feature the 5 members of Elevate prior to their upcoming debut. Besides, the staff agreed to make the duration longer for 5 upcoming episodes. Ravi and Ken were also helping the leader writing on the scripts. even though that was only the impromptu points, they worked hard to introduce these members and also their concept individual teasers which are going to be release in April.

Meanwhile at the studio, Hyunwoo came back from the office with two folders. He told Joo Ri to space away from the youngers, making this selection process a little bit private only for them. He handed the folders to Joo Ri and let her study each one of them. She was busy watching all the audition videos of these two girls. According to the news spreaded around the company, Chairman Se Joon had decided to put one of the girls in and also adding a twin siblings in the group. One more thing was the twins are the youngest in the group.

 

"Don't you think she is more suitable to our group, oppa?" Joo Ri asked.

"Well, To me either one of them has their own characters and suits to be one of us," Hyunwoo smiled as he flipped through the resume.

"Ravi might know her, he once tutored her as well," Joo Ri said as she recalled she had met the girl once during that day she was chosen to be a part of ELEVATE.

"Well, We'll decide later. just keep these things away from those rascals." Hyunwoo said as Joo Ri put all the folders neatly inside her locker and locked the locker tight.

 

That morning was really tight since the olders and Hong Jun needed to re-teach both Eun Hye and Hyeri to memorize all the dance moves from the beginning again. If only N and Hongbin were not really busy with their schedules, maybe those three would like to call them to substitute them. Joo Ri even thought to pause the dance drills and move to vocal and rap training first since the girls seemed like doing it more than practicing the routine over and over without any progress.

 

"Oppa, let's move to vocals and rap first. I think these girls will be more enthusiastic with these," Joo Ri said.

"Okay then," The considerate Hyunwoo nodded.

"I'll go get the girls here," Hong Jun volunteered.

"I'll go get the guitar," Joo Ri said.

"First Up, Joo Ri and Hong Jun, you both will sing Bang Yong Guk and Yo Seob sunbaenim's "I Remember" " Hyunwoo said.

"Then I will go with Joo Ri for Supreme team's "Dang Dang Dang" " he continued.

"Me and Eun Hye noona will be going up with VIXX' "I Don't Want To Be An Idol," Hongjun said.

"I'll go solo with Bang-Zelo's "Never Give Up" and duet with Eun Hye with Sistar19's "Ma Boy"," Joo Ri said enthusiastically.
"Then I'll Do B2ST's "Because I Miss You" with Hyeri," Hongjun smiled.

"Hyeri, prepare up your song," Hyunwoo said as he looked at the younger, earning a nod from the not-so-focused younger one.


All of them did the singing assignments whole heartedly. For instance let's take a look at Hong Jun and Eun Hye who picked their senior's song. both of them did extremely excellent in terms of vocals, articulations, expression and any other aspects. So did the two oldest, they did the rapping parts of supreme team's "Dang Dang Dang" exactly the same as the real Idol did. Everyone showed their best effort on that day's assignments.


P.S: I will make this update visible and will add more stories soon.. anyways, I would like to congratulate ranniekimura for getting chosen. you're the 4th girl, leaving one position for the girl and 4 more to the boys.. The next member is the maknae of the team, i'll pick two of them in one go, so, be ready, peeps^^