Seohyun's Last Wish.

Mrs. Im: Surnames (HIATUS)

 

She saw Taeyeon took a deep breath.

“H-how did your..cousin get involved with my… my husband?” she asked again when Taeyeon didn’t answered.

“Why did you let her had an affair with a committed person?” She can’t prevent herself being angry.

“Please, Fany-ah, let me explain first before you accuse me.” Taeyeon calmly said despite of Tiffany’s accusations.

“Seohyun didn’t finish her studies. She hated school. That’s why I’m also confused how she got hired for a position in your husband’s company. But when Yoona and she got together, I forgot all about that.” Taeyeon continued.

Her eyebrows met in confusion. “I’ve been there twice but what I know is their assistant manager is married, Mrs. Lee to be exact. Yoona let Seohyun resigned in her work after two months and started living together in one of Yoona’s unit in Seoul.” Taeyeon answered while getting something in his pocket. Tiffany gave a frustrated groan.

“Here, read this.” He showed the paper to Tiffany. “Marriage contract. I never bothered to check if it’s true or fake when Seohyun showed that to me.”

Tiffany stared only at the paper. She felt betrayed. And she’s not interested anyway.

“I never liked Yoona though he was polite. I don’t know why. But Seohyun was so in love with him and so happy. And he’s always there when I visit Seohyun. I never thought for one moment that she was his mistress.” Taeyeon reasoned.

Why didn’t she realize earlier that Yoona always came to her once or twice a week? He will always tell to me that he will go outside the country where little did I know that he’s only here in Korea. So many alibis, I see. She thought bitterly.

She stood up abruptly. “I want to end this conversation now, Taeyeon. My husband is dead and your.. cousin too. Maybe it doesn’t matter anymore. I want to forget it all.” She said. She’s hurt, not because she loved Yoona. But she was betrayed. And she felt embarrassed for herself when Seohyun died together with Yoona.

Taeyeon didn’t answer and just looked at Tiffany. He saw the pain in her eyes and in one fleeting moment, he wanted to come closer to Tiffany and hug her until the hurt was gone.

“Hate me for this, Tiffany, but you didn’t deserve a bastard like Yoona!” He said instead. He was angry.

She gave a faint and bitter smile. “And I’m sorry about your cousin,” she stood up and walked to the door. “I-I’m sorry Taeyeon, I’m not feeling well right now, I want to rest…”

Taeyeon stayed there, standing. He still keeps his gaze to Tiffany. After a second, he walked closer to Tiffany and stopped in front of her.

“Please sit down, Mrs. Im.” He glanced at sofa and looked at her again.

“I’m still not telling the true reason why I’m here.” Taeyeon said.

She confusingly stared at Taeyeon. She would have said something if she didn’t smell Taeyeon’s woodsy cologne. It reeled her senses that she was momentarily shock. God, her husband just died barely two weeks ago and there she is, she was feeling that again. That feeling she kept for so many years.

“Fany-ah..” Taeyeon held her shoulders. She felt herself getting hot. “..did you know that Yoona and Seohyun have a child?”

Tiffany suddenly woke up from her trance. Her eyes widened in shock. “C-child?”

“Yes Fany-ah. A seven and two weeks old baby boy who was prematurely born because of the accident.” He whispered softly. His face shown regret and he reach and hold Tiffany’s hands.

“I’m sorry about this, Fany-ah. I didn’t mean to hurt you. And I wished that you are not Mrs. Im, this could have been easier.” Taeyeon said, sincerely.

A seven-month old baby boy! The questions in her mind were answered bit by bit. She felt her eyes sting. She can’t take it anymore and her tears suddenly fall. She brushed it off angrily. She doesn’t want to cry in front of Taeyeon even though they are child hood friends; she was now treating him as a stranger after so many years of not seeing each other.

Taeyeon looked at her worriedly. After that, he went to the kitchen and came back with a glass. He took a wine from the cabinet and he poured two shots on the glass. She came closer to Tiffany.

“Drink this…” he commanded.

“I—I’m okay..” she croaked. She didn’t know what she was feeling right now. She avoided it but Taeyeon held her face and forced her to drink.

“You don’t have to drink this all, Fany-ah. Just one shot and it will make you feel better.” Taeyeon reassuringly said.

“I doubt it.” Tiffany thought. But she followed and took one swallow. And another one. The wine travelled through . And he was right. It did make her feel a little better. At least it made her feel numb for a while.

“Are you alright?”

“No. I’m not.” She answered hoarsely.

“Fany-ah, please…” Taeyeon suddenly brought her to his chest and hug her tightly.

She wants to break free from the hug but the heat coming from Taeyeon’s body was relaxing. And there, she can’t take it anymore. She cried silently to Taeyeon’s chest.

“I’m sorry.. I’m sorry, sweetheart…” Taeyeon whispered while soothing her back. His mouth on her hair, kissing it softly.

She doesn’t know how long they stayed like that. All she knows is, she doesn’t want to leave Taeyeon’s chest. She doesn’t want to break free from the hug. She hugged Taeyeon before but in a different case but she felt only one emotion. It always feels like home.

Sweetheart.. When was the last time Taeyeon used endearment? Ages ago. Is he calling Jessica like that? No. She kept herself on believing that only she deserves that endearment. A child hood endearment.

Taeyeon kept on calming her, while she kept on crying. Self-pity, old memories, all of that reasons mixed up. She felt that Taeyeon touched her face and held her chin to look up in his eyes. Before she knew it, Taeyeon kissed her eyes. Then her lips. A soft kiss that was meant to comfort her.

But she wasn’t comforted. She was shocked by the sensation that she felt when she felt her lips where locked on Taeyeon’s lips. And she would have wanted to cling if she loses her mind and she abruptly broke her hug from Taeyeon.

“Y-you.. didn’t have to do that…” she said angrily.

“What have I done?” he played innocent. He wanted to show humor to prevent any awkward situation for what he has done. He didn’t mean to kiss her the way a man should kiss a woman. But what his lips touched hers, there’s this tingling sensation he felt in his body.

“Don’t play games with—oh!” Her eyes widened when he saw Taeyeon’s sport shirt was wet because of her tears. Her anger was replaced by embarrassment and guilt. “I-I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to wet your shirt..” she looked at Taeyeon and she saw tenderness in his eyes while staring at her.

“It doesn’t matter.” He whispered and carried Tiffany and made her sat down on the sofa. There she thought again of what Taeyeon had said to her. Yoona has a child in her mistress!

No. She must not wallow self-pity. When she opened her eyes, she saw Taeyeon’s face. She can see that Taeyeon was staring at her. She can’t identify the emotions plastered on Taeyeon’s face. Sympathy? Pity?

Tiffany’s face hardened and she compose herself.

“To pity you is far from my mind, Fany-ah.” Taeyeon said.

“Are you a mind reader?” she snapped.

“A face reader.” He amusingly answered.

“You’re enjoying this, aren’t you?” she said sarcastically when she heard Taeyeon’s tone.

He sighed and become serious all of a sudden. “I really don’t have an idea that you’re Mrs. Im, Fany-ah. And to tell you frankly, before I went here, I have this feeling that I will going to hurt Mr. Im’s wife. And I had this in my mind that if only you’re not careless, Yoona shouldn’t have an aff—“

“So, now you’re judging me..” she said bitterly and stood up.

“I know you, Tiffany.” He whispered softly. “You’re the most caring girl I’ve ever met. Self-giving and selfless.. sacrificing everything even her own emotions.” He continued. “And I can’t believe when you told me earlier that you’re Mrs. Im. How could he have an affair with my cousin and betrayed you?”

“Now you’re patronizing me.” She said harshly.

“Tiffany Hwang, I knew you too much to patronize you.”

She’s still angry. “Seohyun must be very young and beautiful.”

“She was nineteen when Yoona met her. Yes, she’s beautiful. But very submissive to the extent that she’s a martyr.”

“That was Yoona’s looking for, for a wife.” She said blandly.

“She’s your exact opposite, Fany-ah.” She looked at Tiffany softly. “You’re so beautiful,” he added. “..smart and sophisticated. If I don’t know you since childhood, I’ll be afraid to come closer to you.”

She can’t fight those eyes. She can’t help it. There was something in Taeyeon’s eyes and she can’t explain.

“So what now, Tae? Why are you telling this to me? You said you didn’t want to hurt me but you kept saying those. What does it matter?”

Taeyeon didn’t answer. He just kept staring at Tiffany and carefully chose his words. “Before she died, Seohyun made a promise to tell this all to you. She wants me to give their Yoona’s child to you.”

Tiffany’s eyes widened. She stepped back and tripped when she didn’t notice the chair at her back. Taeyeon quickly held Tiffany to prevent her from falling but Tiffany refused his hands.

“I’m—alright.” She reassured. “I—I just couldn’t take these all at once. First, my husband died with another girl in a car accident when I knew that he was in Hongkong. Then, now, you’re here telling me that my husband’s mistress is your cousin and they had a child. And then you’re telling me that her last wish is to—oh, this is ridiculous! Do you think I will agree on that idea?” She was angry now.

“Fany-ah, I want you to know that I didn’t want this too. And I already expected that you’re not going to agree on Seohyun’s last wish.” Taeyeon said. “When I planned that I wanted to see you, I wanted to know who Mrs. Kim are, that Seohyun wanted to give her child to. No matter what her deathwish was, I can’t just give my nephew to a stranger but—“

“You are right there.” She angrily said. “You should not entrust your nephew to a stranger. So this conversation is over and—“ 

“That was before I knew you as Mrs. Im, Fany-ah.” Taeyeon interrupted. Tiffany just rolled her eyes.

“Please don’t tell me that you’re going to fulfill Seohyun’s last wish..” she said.

“Don’t say that I didn’t care for Seohyun, Fany-ah. She’s my only family member here on earth. I love her and I care for her. But I’m not married.  And a day after tomorrow, I’m going to Daegu for a new upcoming project. What will me going to do to a baby?” Taeyeon said.

“And that is now my problem!” Tiffany shouted.

Long silence engulfed the two of them for a long while when Taeyeon spoke up again. “Look, Tiffany, I understand if you’re going to refuse the child.” There was regret in his voice and Tiffany felt a little guilt inside her.

Dammit! Why did she have to feel guilty?

“But I wanted you to know that when Seohyun brought to the hospital, she’s still awake. The doctor, who I talked to, said that Seohyun was hysterical about her child. She wanted the doctor to save her child. The doctors tried to save them both but Seohyun lost a lot of blood—“

For the third time, she interrupted Taeyeon from speaking. “Oh, please stop it!” she covered her ears using her two hands. “I’m getting hysterical too if you didn’t stop telling me those.”

“Please, Fany-ah. Just listen to me.” Taeyeon pleaded. “When the people asked the necessary information about her….” Tiffany looked up to him. He sighed and continued on speaking. “..she said that the child’s mother is…… Im Tiffany.”

“What!” Tiffany’s eyes widened.

 

A/N: Hmm. How's it? Is it bad? :( I'm getting worried. :(( Please comment and subscribe! ^^ Don't be a silent reader. :D Thank you again. =))) Please keep coming, subscribers and readers. :))

Lovelots. ♥

- eonjengan x_x