Chapter 1

Post-WGM JoonSeo One-Shot/Short Ficlet

 

A/N: I’m just going to post this right away because my feels and all of these tears still fresh on my face! I’m a freak about grammar, so hopefully the mistakes won’t be too regretful! It’s terribly short, and I don’t really intend on continuing it… but if I get enough of a response, I might! Bye for now!

           Chang Sun stood there, wordlessly staring at the dark television in front of him. Their final episode was going to be aired that day, but he couldn’t bear to turn it on. ‘I wonder if she’s going to be watching it today,’ he thought, ‘should I send her a message? Or is it too soon?’

~

            Oh Yeon Seo was having the same thoughts, sitting on the couch in her empty apartment. Her friends had invited her out, but she declined, still unable to stop watching the variety program. ‘It’s okay,’ she whispered to herself, ‘you can enjoy watching Sun Hwa and Kwang Hee, or Se Ah unnie and Julien oppa and their funny antics!’

            With that, she turned it on, happily engrossed in the couples on screen. She admired the shoes that Se Ah received, and laughed at the make-up Sun Hwa had done for Kwang Hee. When it was the time for Joon and her, she grew solemn, playing with the phone that she held in her hand.

~

            Finally, with courage in the last 15 minutes of the show, Chan Sung his television; just on time for the JoonSeo couple.

            “Haetnim,” he whispered, smiling.

            He thought of his busy schedule as of recently, thankful that he could watch the episode. He was even more thankful that the other members were on their own schedules at that moment as well. A small clunk could be heard behind him, so Joon turned around. It was the pottery doll that the couples had made for each other at their last meeting.

           He then quickly flipped open his phone, not standing the feeling he had inside any longer. He heard a few rings until she finally picked up.

            “Hello?” the voice on the other end greeted him.

            “Haetnim,” he said silently, out of breath.

            She smiled, enjoying the warmth that his voice gave her. “Hi, Oppa, are you watching the program right now?”

            He heard the strain in her voice and nostalgically replied, “Yeah, I am. I’m sorry I wasn’t able to call you sooner.”

            “Oh no, of course, it’s fine, I know you’ve been busy as of late.” She told him. “I do miss you, though.”

            Finally hearing those words said, the two burst out laughing. “Do you want to… meet up sometime soon? When we are both free?” he asked.

            “Of course… Oppa.” She whispered farewell.

            Joon stared it hands for a long second, and exhaled a breath that he didn’t realize he had been holding.

            After hearing the click of the line, Yeon Seo wiped the tears that she realized were falling from her face. “Yeah, good bye for now, honey,”