1/1

Ditch the Vest

 

“How about this one?” Minhyuk asked again for the umpteenth time that night. It was starting to get on Yu Kwon’s nerves as he spent the last couple hours of his life critiquing the elder’s outfit. Of course he loved that he got to spend hour upon hour after school late into the night with this wonderful man but the reason for it is what irked him.

 

Minhyuk had subtly hinted to Yu Kwon and the rest of his friends for a while now that he liked some girl but they never had a full conversation about this mysterious person. Maybe when the subject of “who likes who” came up in conversation with their friends the raven-haired boy would simply state that yes, he did like someone. They never got a name or a description but they never really did care enough to ask. Well, Yu Kwon kind of did but it was more of an I-will-find-this-person-and-make-sure-that-Minhyuk-never-sees-them-again sort of caring. He wanted Minhyuk to himself, end of story.

 

Now Yu Kwon had the pleasure of trying to find a perfect outfit that the larger man could wear tomorrow so he could finally ask this person out. It was Valentine’s Day after all but Yu Kwon couldn’t help but think it was overly cheesy he picked this day out of all of them.

 

The red head looked up from his book that he found on Minhyuk’s shelf and gave the outfit a once over. Minhyuk had changed the jeans from the previous outfit to black jeans that hugged his legs in all the right places and kept the same deep red button up shirt. It was tucked into his pants with it rolled up to his elbows and he wore a too big black vest over the shirt, making his slight curves invisible. The younger went back to his book and stated plainly, “Ditch the vest and try a black skinny tie.”

 

Minhyuk did as told and once again asked for the younger’s opinion. Yu Kwon sighed, trying to finish the page of the chapter but looked up through his reading glasses that were sliding down his nose to see the improved outfit. He looked much better but too stiff and formal.

 

“Loosen the tie and the first button.” Yu Kwon didn’t bother fixing his glasses, as they would just disrupt his vision of the man before him.

 

Minhyuk quickly followed instructions and once done Yu Kwon gave him a little twirling motion with his finger, indicating that he wanted him to turn around to make sure he looked good from all angles. Again Minhyuk followed order and turned around slowly. When he faced the younger again he had set the book face down on his lap and rubbing his chin thoughtfully, his glasses still on the verge of sliding right off his nose.

 

Yu Kwon crossed his legs and put the book carefully down in front of him, making sure not to lose his place. He took off his glasses and tapped the earpiece against his bottom lip pensively. He made a small “hmm” while Minhyuk looked at him questioningly. He put his hands on his hips and slightly leaned his weight over to his left hip and raised his eyebrows signaling Yu Kwon to say what else he should change.

 

“Are those the shoes you’re wearing?” He questioned with a nod of his head in the direction of where the shoes in question were with the earpiece still on his bottom lip.

 

“Maybe, why?”

 

He heaved himself off of the elder’s bed and walked over to the other closet on the opposite side of the room. He turned the rusty doorknob that desperately needed tightening and swung the door all the way open so that he could look at the various shoes that Minhyuk had acquired over the years. He looked carefully over the shelves until he spotted a pair of black and red slip on sneakers. He picked them up with two fingers by the heel and threw them across the room nearly hitting his hyung in the face. Minhyuk arched his eyebrows and Yu Kwon sighed, “Humor me, would you?”

 

Minhyuk slipped on the shoes and Yu Kwon scrunched his nose in distaste. He looked back into his closet and browsed the shelves once again. He scratched his head in frustration and looked back at the elder who hadn’t said anything in awhile.

 

“Why don’t you have any good shoes? You have either sneakers or sneakers. Would it kill you to buy something other than a different color pair of your favorite shoes?” He irritably asked the man behind him.

 

“Well, I’m sorry Mr. Perfect. I didn’t realize that one day I’d need something other than what I own.” He said rather sarcastically.

 

Yu Kwon shot him a glare and he quickly apologized. He scoffed and glanced around the room before asking, “What shoe size are you?”

 

“13, why?”

“I’m a 12 and a half,” Yu Kwon threw his Timberland black suede boots at Minhyuk who had trouble catching them, “Squeeze into them, don’t complain and if they’re damaged by the end of the day, you’re dead and you won’t ever get to see your crush again.” Yu Kwon’s shoes were like his children, especially these specific pair.

 

“And may I remind you who bought these shoes for you? Oh that’s right, me!” Minhyuk retorted back and slipped off his previous shoes and tried fitting into Yu Kwons’ boots. With some difficulty he got his feet in and he thanked the lord that Yu Kwon was only half a size smaller or else his toes would be curled and cramped and he would have trouble uncurling them at the end of the day. “Better?”

 

“Much. Now, I’m tired so I’m going to bed, it’s like 12 o’clock.” He took his place back on the bed and grabbed the book, folded the corner of the page and placed it closed on Minhyuk’s bedside table. He stripped off his pants so he was just in a t-shirt and boxers, knowing very well that he could take some clothes of Minhyuk’s tomorrow.

 

“Um, who said you were staying over?”

“I did. Now hurry up and change so you could leave and sleep on the couch.”

“I’m sorry, what? This is my room so that means you are on my bed and shouldn’t you seriously go home?”

 

Yu Kwon sighed and turned to face Minhyuk. “It’s too dark outside to walk home and I’m tired alright? My parents know that if I don’t come home by 12 then I’m staying at a friend’s, in this case, you. And if you want to sleep on your bed then you’ll have to sleep with me ‘cause I’m not moving.”

 

Minhyuk was slightly flustered at the thought of sleeping with Yu Kwon in his small bed. Yu Kwon on the other hand somewhat hated himself for saying those words. Yes, he wanted to sleep with Minhyuk but it’s not like he could do anything. Minhyuk liked someone else and it didn’t matter. As long as Minhyuk was happy so was Yu Kwon… well, not really because inside Yu Kwon’s heart would be breaking into millions of pieces and his depression level would go through the roof.

 

Minhyuk stripped his clothes and threw on a t-shirt so that he too was only in boxers and a t-shirt. He was about to get into the bed next to Yu Kwon before he was stopped. “Wait.”

 

Yu Kwon crawled under both the sheet and the comforter but only held up the comforter for Minhyuk to slide in next to him. Therefore when Yu Kwon tossed and turned in his sleep he wouldn’t get too close due to the sheet blocking him. Minhyuk rolled his eyes and climbed in next to him. They both were asleep quickly with the thought of them filling each other’s minds and the warmth radiating off of each other giving them a kind of comfort that they could get used to.

 

~~~~~

 

Yu Kwon woke up to an empty bed and he freaked out slightly when he realized that he wasn’t in his own room but then remembered he slept over Minhyuk’s. He checked his phone for the time and almost fell out of the bed when he saw the “7:40” in big white font. He quickly got out the bed and made his way to Minhyuk’s closet, raiding it for some decent clothes and quickly throwing them on. He sprinted to the bathroom to quickly brush his teeth with his own personal toothbrush that he left there (he was over Minhyuk’s house that often) and combed through his hair. The red head grabbed his backpack, slipped on a pair of the elder’s shoes and sprinted out the door leaving it unlocked as he didn’t have a key (he was over there often but Minhyuk refused to give him a key as he was afraid he could sneak in at night and kill him or something of the sort) then sprinted down the street to his high school.

 

He cursed Minhyuk for one: waking up and going to school without waking him up and two: leaving him at his house alone. What kind of host leaves their guest at their home alone and let’s them be late for school? He sighed, only Minhyuk would.

 

When the school was in sight he slowed his pace to a fast walk as he was starting to get a stitch in his side. He rubbed at it and tried to regain his breath. Lucky for him, his homeroom teacher could care less how late you were so Yu Kwon could still be ten minutes late and not have to worry too much.

 

He walked into the hallway and made his way down the stairs to where his locker was. He looked down at the lock on the metal door and twirled the lock to the number 18, then 28, then 6. He pulled the lock and unhooked it from the slot and opened the locker. He took a step back in shock when a piece of paper fell from the shelf and onto the ground. He looked around making sure that no one was watching from afar and opened the letter. It was neat handwriting on a piece of scrap white lined paper. Yu Kwon tried to place a person to the handwriting but he couldn’t find a match. It looked kind of girly in his opinion too. The message read:

 

Hey, Yu Kwon! You’re not late again are you? Kekeke ^^

I hope you picked up this letter or the rest of this will be completely pointless and I’ll have wasted so much planning.

 

Planning? What exactly did this person have in plan for the young dancer? He continued to read the note:

 

I don’t want to give anything away so all you have to do is just follow what these notes say, alright? That won’t be hard right, Kwonnie? :P

 

Yu Kwon scoffed. This letter was actually getting on his nerves.

 

Just go to homeroom and wait there until the next note. They will be all around the school but don’t worry; you don’t have to go searching for them. One note leads to another so all you have to do is follow directions.

Now go to homeroom before you’re late!

Kekeke see you soon~

 

Who would actually go through the trouble of doing this for him? Like…seriously? He sighed and put the note in his pocket and put his needed books in his locker and his non-needed ones from his backpack to the metal box. He closed it, locked it back up and headed off to room 205.

 

As he reached his class he plopped into his seat in the back and said a quick hello to his friends Eun Soo and Yu Min before getting into his seat. He noticed that on the board his teacher had written, “Homeroom is extended by 3 minutes for Valentine’s grams” with a heart next to it. He scoffed at the stupid person who even thought up of these stupid “grams”. Who really wanted to spend a dollar to by someone a card and have it sent to him or her during homeroom on Valentine’s Day? The idea was idiotic and people rarely did it anymore.

 

He glanced at the time and he surprisingly had about five minutes until homeroom was over. He pulled out his headphones and plugged them into the jack in his phone. Yu Kwon shuffled his songs and bobbed his head slightly to the beat of the song. The student council members walked into his class the next second and started distributing the grams to people who got one. Yu Kwon put his head down on his arms knowing quite well that he wouldn’t be receiving one and frankly he didn’t care. Most people knew that he was gay so it didn’t bother him. Whether people accepted him was up to them, not him and he didn’t know anyone else in this school who was gay and even if he did they probably wouldn’t be his type.

 

He grunted at the person who tapped him on the head and lifted his head to see who it was. He glared slightly at the senior that he knew to be Taeil who just smiled back and placed a red card in front of him. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and looked at the elder who just shrugged his shoulders and said, “Don’t ask me, I just deliver them.” He then walked out of the room with another senior that Yu Kwon didn’t recognize.

 

Yu Min turned around, “Ooo! Look who has a secret admirer! C’mon let us see.” She taunted and pointed to Eun Soo who was also scooting closer to get a look at the folded piece of paper in his hands.

 

Yu Kwon slapped Yu Min’s hand lightly when she tried reaching for the card, “Na-ah! This is for my eyes and my eyes only, Yu Min.” He smirked when he saw Yu Min pout then turn back around in her seat mumbling something about “letting her see the card because she’s one of his best friends” which wasn’t a lie but this was personal. He unfolded the card and looked at the familiar handwriting and pulled out the note from his back pocket that he found in his locker to compare it. The red head looked at both pieces of paper and yes, it was the same person. He sighed then read the letter:

 

You were probably surprised to get this letter right? Kekeke, I’m sorry to disappoint but it is not a secret admirer…well it kinda is :P

Go to English and tell your teacher that you have a band lesson, which isn’t a lie ‘cause you do have one but you’ll tell your band teacher later that you couldn’t come due to a test then you’ll make up the lesson later, okay? I don’t want you failing because of me even if you do hate that class.

 

The next sentence was crossed out heavily so he couldn’t read it. He tried to make out some letters with the light but it was no use. He gave up and continued reading:

 

Then go to your gym locker. Make sure that everyone else is in the gym before you open your locker. You’ll get your next note there alright?

 

P.S. don’t take so long going from one place to the next, we only have first period and some of second before my teacher yells at me. Thanks Kwonnie~

 

He scoffed and got up when the bell rang. He weaved in and out of the students in the hallway making their way to first period while he walked to the other side of the school to get to his English classroom. He stepped inside as soon as the bell rang and moseyed on over to his teacher knowing quite well that he wouldn’t have to sit through 45 minutes of a boring lecture that he could care less about. He was never really good at English.

 

Yu Kwon notified the teacher of his band lesson and stuck his tongue out in mockery at Kyung who looked at him in disbelief. Kyung hated this class just as much as he did but mostly because he spoke almost fluent English and he didn’t need a class to teach him what he already knew. Yu Kwon hated him for that reason as he was close to failing this class.

 

Yu Kwon walked across the hall to the gym and made his way down the stairs to the locker rooms. He made a left where the boy’s lockers were and noticed that most people were still changing as he did come in a minute after the bell rang.

 

He sat down on the bench in front of his row of lockers and smiled at the boy who was pulling a shirt over his head. Jiho almost had a heart attack when he saw the smaller boy staring at him.

 

“God, Kwonnie, do you want me do have a heart attack?” He asked in irritation. Yu Kwon just smiled even wider with his success in scaring the younger.

 

“Wait- what are you even doing here anyway? Shouldn’t you be in English hating your life and complaining to Kyung?” Jiho asked, chuckling slightly as he knew how much the elder despised that class.

 

Yu Kwon narrowed his eyes and lied easily, “I should be, but I decided to tell my teacher I have a band lesson then wander around for the time being. So I decided to stop by and say ‘hello’. Do you have a problem with seeing me so early in the morning?” Yu Kwon challenged while crossing his arms.

 

Jiho finished tying his sneakers and laughed that infectious laugh that Yu Kwon had to smile to. “Of course not Kwonnie,” he ruffled the older’s hair, “But I’m going to be yelled at if I don’t go upstairs within the next couple of seconds.” Yu Kwon didn’t even notice that they were the only two left in the locker room. How did everyone get changed so quickly?

 

“Fine. See you at lunch then?” Yu Kwon questioned before Jiho was out of earshot.

 

“Of course!” He yelled. “Oh and by the way,” Yu Kwon peaked his head around the corner of lockers so he could see the blonde’s face, “Are you wearing Minhyuk’s shirt?”

 

Yu Kwon looked down, pinching the fabric and blushed slightly.

 

Jiho chuckled at the elder’s shyness all of sudden and said quickly before he left, “Se ya later, Kwon!”

 

Yu Kwon sighed and figured that he could now open his locker. He put in the four-letter code and opened the blue plastic box. He was startled to find a single red rose in simple plastic wrapping with another note attached. He gingerly picked up the rose and untied the note from it, being careful not to damage the beautiful flower. He opened the note with one hand while the other held the plant. He read:

 

I hope the flower isn’t dead. Who knows what your smelly gym clothes could do to a pretty flower kekeke ;)

Here is a beautiful flower that almost rivals the beauty of yourself.

 

Yu Kwon blushed at that statement, never being told he was beautiful before. Of course he’s been called handsome by his parents and pretty by lots of people because… well he was. Yu Kwon had somewhat feminine features and closely resembled a cat.

 

I hope you like your first present J

Next you are off to the art wing! On the painting that you’ve complimented oh-so many times is a sticky note.

Now go, go! We have little time!

 

Yu Kwon just smiled at the rose and did what the note said. He walked back up the stairs to the hallway that his English class was in (being careful to speed past it so that his teacher or the other students didn’t know that he was actually on a small scavenger hunt instead of in the band room). He walked casually to the art wing, bowing or say “hi” to any teacher or student he passed. As he reached his destination he walked to the middle of the hallway where his favorite piece of art was displayed. He wasn’t sure what is was or what it meant but all he knew was that it caught his eye. Yu Kwon wasn’t a big art fan but when he saw this particular picture he just had to stop and stare.

 

He quickly grabbed the pink stick note that disrupted the painting and read the girly handwriting once again:

 

I don’t understand why you love this painting so much. It isn’t even that great but eh, I’m not much of an art fan am I now?

I’m sad because this is one of the last notes ‘cause I can’t have you running around the school forever but it was fun, wasn’t it? It was for me anyway… :D

Go to the soundboard in the auditorium. You’ll get another note there!

 

Yu Kwon, not even questioning the notes anymore, made a left to find the backstage door that was closest to the art wing. He swung open the black door and walked to the stairs located on either side of the stage. The dancer sighed before making his way all the way to the steps and looked out at the empty crowd. How much he loved the stage, to perform, to have the beat of the music take over his body.

 

He snapped out of his thoughts and made his way to the left of the stage. He stepped down the steep stairs and walked up the aisle of rows of chairs while twirling the flower in between his fingers. The red head rounded the corner and pulled out the blue office chair that was always at the soundboard. He plopped down, which caused the chair to roll back a few inches, but he quickly grabbed the desk and pulled himself forward. He put the rose in his lap and picked up the new pink sticky note:

 

This is the last note! Aren’t you sad? Kekeke, I bet you just want to see who I am, right?

Well, all you have to do is press play on the soundboard (it’s in bright green letters if you can’t see it :P).

Then come sit in the front row and enjoy the show.

See you quite soon Kwonnie <3

 

Yu Kwon folded the note and put it in his back pocket with the rest, and with some difficulty, found and pressed the play button. He stayed seated when it was silent for a few seconds but then a song started to play. Yu Kwon knew this song. He loved this song. He sang this song constantly. He smiled slightly to himself and started to walk down the aisle but abruptly stopped when someone emerged from the black curtains. His mouth opened slightly and he almost dropped the rose he was holding in his right hand.

 

The man that was missing from his bed this morning, the man that he helped pick a perfect out for the night before, his best friend, the one he loved held the microphone up to his mouth and sweetly sang the first line:

 

“I didn’t know the reason”

 

Yu Kwon put his hand up to his mouth in shock. He was almost absolutely positive that he was dreaming. But the man on the stage kept singing with a smile on his face to the man who was frozen in shock in the middle of the school auditorium.

 

“I have considered for along why I had changed

It seems that I changed since I have met you

Very much, can you hear this song? Oh

I am so thankful to you Oh Baby

You are too beautiful Oh

I cannot keep my eyes off you, I cannot see anything but you

I want to continue looking at you, I really do Oh

We meet again as a day passes by

And break up and then meet again

I’m just laughing because I like the way you are

Do you see me doing all of these?

I am so thankful to you Oh Baby

You are too beautiful Oh

I cannot keep my eyes off you, I cannot see anything but you

I want to continue looking at you, I really do Oh”

 

By this point, Minhyuk was already off the stage and about five feet from the still frozen in shock boy. His hand still covering his mouth but his eyes following the elder with every step he took.

 

“As my days make me very happy Woo Baby

I hope such days do not end

I wish nothing changes”

 

The raven-haired boy now only inches from Yu Kwon had pulled the younger’s hand away from his mouth and wiped a tear that Yu Kwon didn’t even know he shed. The elder discarded the microphone and continued to sing the last verse of the song:

 

“I am so thankful to you Oh Baby

You are too beautiful Oh

I cannot keep my eyes off you, I cannot see anything but you

I want to continue looking at you, I really do Oh”

 

Yu Kwon now had tears free falling from both eyes and he didn’t even make a move to wipe them away. Minhyuk chuckled and wiped the tears away gently. He smiled his dimple filled smile hoping to get a reaction other than shock from the younger. He didn’t so that’s when he decided to take action.

 

“Yu Kwon… I know this may seem sudden but… I like you. A lot. For a while I have but I’ve been too cowardly to actually tell you. I’m not sure if you like me too-“

 

“But… what about the girl? You’ve been saying for months that you l-liked some girl…” Yu Kwon interrupted.

 

Minhyuk caressed Yu Kwon’s cheek wiping away more tears, “I was lying, Kwonnie. I only like you and only you.” Minhyuk smiled and waited for a response. Any response would be fine with him.

 

“I…I-I hate y-you.”

 

Okay, except that one.

 

Minhyuk’s eyes grew wide is shock and disbelief. He took his hand off Yu Kwon’s cheek and began to stutter out a response to Yu Kwon’s harsh message. “I-I’m sorry, I didn’t mea-“

 

Yu Kwon closed his eyes and began sobbing. He lowered his head and started to weakly hit the elder’s chest. “I hate you. I hate you so much, Lee Minhyuk. I spent so long loving you in secret and now all of a sudden you say you like me too? I spent day after day for the past couple of months wishing that you’d get over this girl that didn’t even exist in the first place. I spend hours upon hours helping you pick an outfit to impress me. You say you like me yet you treat me coldly. You let me be almost late this morning and you didn’t even wake me up,” Yu Kwon slowly fell to his knees and tried to hold onto Minhyuk’s shirt but couldn’t as it was tucked into his pants, “I hate you, Minhyuk. I was ready to accept the fact that we’d never be together and now you do all of this for me? What am I really suppose to believe?”

 

Minhyuk sunk down to his knees as well so he was eye level with crying boy in front of him. Yu Kwon rubbed his eyes but Minhyuk grabbed both his wrists and pulled them down into his lap so that he could see the younger’s face.

 

“Who wrote these notes?”

 

“My sister,” Minhyuk chuckled, “She helped me come up with how to impress you, actually…”

 

Yu Kwon tried to get out of Minhyuk’s grasp so he could hit him again but he was too weak. “I hate you, Minhyuk. You know I like being romanced so you did all these cliché things for me… I hate you…” He said one last time.

 

Minhyuk sighed and let go of his wrists before asking, “Do you really hate me, Yu Kwon?” The raven-haired boy had nothing but seriousness and sincerity in his eyes.

 

Yu Kwon sniffled and slowly traced the elder’s tie. He grabbed onto the middle pulling Minhyuk harshly towards him and colliding their lips together, Minhyuk too shocked to do anything but just sit there while Yu Kwon moved their lips together. He moved away, both of them with pink blush spread across their cheeks.

 

“I love you too much to hate you.” He mumbled causing Minhyuk to brighten up instantly and grabbed the other’s cheeks before pulling him into another kiss that was filled with nothing but love and passion and the need and want of each other. They moved their lips in such synch you’d think they’d done this so many times before. Yu Kwon tilted his head slightly to the left for better access and wrapped his arms around Minhyuk’s neck. They only broke for the need of air and Minhyuk rested their foreheads together before smiling sweetly at his now beautiful boyfriend.

 

Oh god, Yu Kwon was actually dating Minhyuk. Minhyuk was dating Yu Kwon.

They were boyfriends.

Yu Kwon almost started hyperventilating out of happiness but instead opted for the words, “I love you, Minhyuk.”

 

Minhyuk was startled slightly by this. He was supposed to say he loved him back, right? But he wasn’t sure if he was really ready for commitment like that. Also, did he really love Yu Kwon? Would he really spend forever with him?

 

“I-I..uh-“ Minhyuk stuttered embarrassingly.

 

“You don’t have to say it if you’re not ready. Just knowing that you have feelings for me is enough, Hyukkie.” Yu Kwon said with that gorgeous smile that Minhyuk just-oh so adored. He smiled and pecked the younger’s lips in a chaste kiss and pulled him into a tight embrace.

 

Even if Minhyuk didn’t say that he loved Yu Kwon back, he could wait. He would wait as long as it took. He would do anything for the one he loved and he just couldn’t believe that he was really his.

_______________________________________

Crappy ending is crappy, I know :( 

Lemme first say that the song is Baby Baby by 4Men and I DO NOT OWN THE SONG OR 4MEN OR ANYTHING NO MATTER HOW MUCH I WISH I DID.

So yes, have some U-Bomb fluffiness and I hope you enjoy :D PLEASE COMMENT MY LOVELIES~