Whirlwind!

Secret Lovers![oneshot]

Lee Sooyeon's point of view:

Should I introduce you to my two best friends? We're all outcasts in school by the way, so we all hang out together, just to survive. Whoever said the drama during high school ends when you graduate lied, big time. There's also no such thing as maturity. I've already reached the age where everything should be fun, and I'd enjoy my college years. Well, that perspective was wrong.

If I didn't have my two best friends, my college years would be just as worse as my high school ones. You must be wondering who they are right? One of them is Sungyeol, and the other is Myungsoo. We always do everything together. We're also in the same class, so it makes life that much easier.

However there is also a secret amongst us all. Sungyeol has a crush on me. He doesn't know that I know, but Myungsoo knows, because he was the one that told me. It's flattering, but I couldn't accept his feelings in my heart. I just didn't tell him. Why you ask? Because we've been best friends since our childhood. Who would want to mess that up?

Certainly not I. I intend for this friendship to be a lifetime and if we break up, I don't know how that's going to make us drift apart. That is, if it's going to make us drift apart. I just don't want to take that chance. It's just that it's getting harder and harder to face him, knowing that fact.

_____________________________________________________________________________

It was another typical day at school, and I didn't expect anything much. Everything went along normally, until lunchtime.

What happened you ask? Well, let's look back shall we?

Sooyeon's flashback*:

I was about to meet up with my friends at the cafeteria, because I had to use the bathroom. We agreed to meet up at our usual place, and I started walking, humming my favorite song. When all of a sudden, someone stopped me. Actually, it was more like someone grabbed my arm. I couldn't see clearly who it was, until the person brought me up in front of the whole school, who was now watching his or her  every move. When the person turned around, I realized who it was, who was pulling me.

It was none other than Kim Sunggyu. Why would he pull me up here? What exactly does he want from me? My heart was beating fast from nervousness. If you're wondering who Kim Sunggyu is, he's a very popular boy in our school. He doesn't hang out with people like me. Or so I thought. Does he want to spend time with me? Does he want to be my friend?

"Yes, Sunggyu-ssi?" He smiled at me. "You must be wondering why I'm bringing you here. Right?" That smile, he's so nice! "Yes, I'm confused at the moment, since you and I aren't friends." He hugged me, and asked "Would you like to go to the amusement park with me this weekend? I know it's only Monday, but I want to make sure you're available. You know, for a date."

I don't like him that way. What should I say? I'm afraid of falling in love.. I shook my head. "I'm sorry, I can't go with you to the amusement park." I said, as I was turning around. I heard a bunch of "awws" all over the place, but Sunggyu-ssi kept holding onto me. "I'm going to keep persuading you if you don't mind. I'll keep doing it until you change your mind."

He let go of me, and I met up with my friends, who saw everything. What should I do now?

End Sooyeon's flashback*

We were walking together, and Myungsoo wouldn't leave me alone. "Why didn't you say yes to him? You should have! Don't you know how much popularity he'll give you? Or if you don't want popularity, he might make you the happiest girl alive!" Sungyeol was quiet, just like I expected him to be. 

"No, it's not that. I'm just afraid to fall in love that's all." A bit of relief washed up all over Sungyeol's face. Is he really that happy that I'm not going on that date? Oh well, it's not like I expected him not to anyway. I went back home, and I sat there in my room, doing nothing. Should I have really said yes?

Days passed by, and there wasn't a day where Sunggyu asked me to go to the amusement park with him. He kept his promise and I started realizing how serious he was about this. Not only does he keep asking, but I started seeing the sincerity in his voice, and in his eyes. "Okay, I'll go with you on Saturday."

He smiled, and said "I'll pick you up at 9:00 AM. See you then!" I still felt a bit of regret. I met up with my friends later and told them the story. "You said yes?!" I nodded. "Why?" "I'm not so sure." They were silent, and I didn't know what to say. I just waited and waited, until Saturday came.

Saturday:

I slept fairly well last night. I wasn't nervous, because I still don't have feelings for him. It's just one date, right? Time slowly passed by, and Sunggyu picked me up, right on time. We started having a blast together, until I noticed that Myungsoo and Sungyeol were following us! Aish! Those boys. They don't know to leave me alone?

In order to make them mad, I did skin ship with Sunggyu. It was clear they were upset, but I could see the happiness on Sunggyu's face. We started feeding each other, like a real couple. I started to feel that way about him. Can you believe it? I started to have feelings for him!

It was the fireworks show, and I had to tell him my feelings. "I, think I like you Sunggyu." He kissed my cheek. "Then, do you want to be my girlfriend?" I giddily clapped. "Of course~"

I called my friends later that night, and Myungsoo was happy for me. Sungyeol was heartbroken of course, but we were still friends. Life, was finally getting better for me.