Chapter 6

Prey

 

It’s her. She gulped.

Standing like a pole without any response, she can’t bring herself to even answer nor utter a word after realizing who she was, as ridiculous as it seem, she felt like she had been froze in that particular spot for god knows how long.

On the other hand, the other girl was more than glad to enjoy the stupefy expression and the whole impact she had created to that dumbfounded girl.

“Didn’t even bother to greet me? How rude of you." She said in a jocose tone.

"What... do you want?” After much effort to regain her composure, she finally answered in a last minute.

“Oh, Taeyeon…” She laughed while walking towards her, her tone emitted was full of mockery.“How many times do I need to tell you, hmm?” She stopped in front of her and patted her cheeks with the pistol. She then tilted her head and smiled smugly.

She looked into her eyes, she just couldn’t understand the contradictory. Her callous actions were just a shield to cover her real affliction and suffering, trying to convince everyone that she was nothing but a menace and heartless creature.

“But why…”

She scoffed. “You and your stupid questions again. Seriously, I really don’t have time for this”

“Why is it that you have to do this?”

“Because I like it? Oh wait, let me rephrase this”

She paused a second before proceeding, “Because i LOVE it.” She emphasized that particular word while chuckling. "Now could you please shut up and enter the car?” She pointed the pistol onto her as a warning.

 “No” Unsure of the sudden outburst, she challenged, she need to know about her reason, “I am not going to follow you unless you tel—“

Without waiting for her to finish, she forcefully pushed her into the car, making her thrown onto the seat. "I guess this belongs to you." She commented while throwing the guitar into the car where it ended on the mat.

When she was about to retrieve the guitar, only then she realized that, it was probably too late for her, the engine had roared into life and in a swift seconds, she was already sent tumbling onto the car mat. Like a kid who had fallen down, she pouted while holding onto the inflicted arm where she had used it to sustain the tumble and tried to scramble up back to the seat. After managed to get back on the seat, she instantly hugged the guitar as if it’s a teddy bear for comfort.

Amusing. She thought after a brief observation through the rear mirror. Her next behavior surprised her even more. She didn’t expect after a few minutes of child-like behavior, her solemn and submissive attitude had given away. She was now sitting quietly with the guitar without having the urge to scream for help or trying to jump off the car. In fact, she had this expression, as if she was thinking on something. The lack of fear in her once again fascinated her, prompting her to explore more about this uncommon prey who she had never encountered such ludicrosity before in her life.

Eyeing back towards the road, she allowed herself to ponder on those silly questions which the other was asking back then. From her, there’s fear in them but the dread was not the plurality to cover the remains which was filled with determination as if she’s trying to seek the meaning of her deed rather than asking for its purpose which she found it bizarre. Nevertheless, she decided to brush off the weirdness and decided to concentrate on reaching to her destination instead, thinking that it’s probably her own assumptions.

Throughout the whole journey, they were exceptionally cold and muted in the car. Each was drown with their own thoughts. When the vehicle had finally slowed down upon reaching the lofty white mansion, Taeyeon only managed to bring her senses back, blinking her eyes at the humongous mansion which stretched as far as a football field. Without even finished gawking at how enormous the building was, she was pulled harshly from the car in a split second, nearly causing her to stumble onto the ground. The dagger was once again pointed towards her back immediately.

“Move” She ordered while beckoned her to enter the mansion.

She was reluctant at first, but seeing the dagger in her hand again, she quickly followed suit.

The first sensation Taeyeon had was goosebumps all around her when she stepped into the mansion. The place was dark with only minimum light penetrating through the windows and numerous intimating statues which were displayed beside the hallway. Turning into a corner, she was led towards the middle hall. The middle hall was spacious and there were only a few furnitures, but the presence of other weird-looking devices she had never seen before sent a chill down her spine.

The other girl then pushed her forward towards the chair in the middle of the hall. She ordered her to sit, making her almost stumbled onto the concrete marble floor in the process. Without seconds, she immediately binded both of her hands behind the chair with the rope.

“What are you doing to me?! Stop it!” Struggling, she tried to avoid the binding but the dagger in front of her eventually kept her from further protesting.

“Is that stitches I see there?” She started to form a smirk when the idea of contacting it towards her previous wound crosses her mind.

She quickly shook her head furiously, “No… please don’t…”

“Well, it does not hurt right? So why not?” She mocked while started moving her dagger to the stitches.

Terror began to grow in her.

“No! I will… I will…” As much as she resented it, she had no choice but to give in to her.

 “I… I will follow your instructions… ” She frowned.

She smiled after hearing her succumb, “You sure are a fast learner, Taeyeon.” She put her dagger away and continued finishing the bind before walking towards a weird-looking device which was displayed at the hall, "By the way, I have something cool to introduce to you." She said while smiling. “I called this the head crusher…”

The name of the device itself had already made her gulped. She didn’t need to know the details to be able to picture how gruesome and how many more devices there will be. She swallowed another saliva at the images in her mind before continued looking ahead.

“… with the head placed under the upper cap and the chin placed above the bottom bar, the top screw of this awful device will slowly turned, compressing the skull tightly. First the teeth are destroyed…” She then gestured her teeth animatedly before continuing, “Then it shattered and splintered into the jaw.” She chuckled after finished explaining the details. “It’s awesome right?”

“You are insane…” She blurted out accidentally.

“Insane?” She laughed sarcastically, “Oh please, you should see my master. He did more than that. Speaking of him…” She paused a second before adding another, “I remembered something…” She walked towards the nearby shelf and browsed through the objects displayed.

“You have a master?” She asked with surprised after finding out about the new information and continued asking, “Who is he? What does he wants from me?”

“Shut up will you?” She avoided the question while searching the shelf until she retrieved a small glass bottle from its rack, she then turned towards her, “By the way, you are lucky just to have your blood sacrifice compared to your jaw, you know.”

Her eyes immediately flew wide opened after hearing her, “What… what are you trying to do?”

 “Let’s just say you are just being kind by donating your blood.” She smiled.

“Donating my blood? To whom? To your master?”

She grinned at her. “To nobody, of course.”

“Nobody?!” She asked ridiculously. She still couldn’t quite comprehend the meaning in her words until her earlier words struck her.

Because i LOVE it.

She looked at her slowly, “Because…” She murmured to herself. “Because... you love it…”

“Ho ho, spotted on.”

She heaved in a deep breath. She knew she had to comply with her orders no matter how much she abhorred them. Putting up a braved front, she closed her eyes, trying to succumb her fear before innocently asked further, “So, can… can I… prefer the hospital way which means the syringe way?”

This time, she genuinely laughed for real, no sarcasm and no hidden meaning. Just her with her eyes naturally curved into a crescent-shaped while subconsciously clapped her hands, laughing on Taeyeon’s request.

At the sight in front of her, Taeyeon was dumbfounded to see the rarity and somehow she thought that maybe her judgment might not be false after all. The only thing she required right now was to comprehend her actions.

“Really, you are funny, Kim Taeyeon.” She commented while tilted her head, “Too bad, but if I use syringe, where will the fun goes?”

“Al-alright…” Her voice quivered. She then closed her eyes before continuing, “But just…hurry… with your dagger… or anything you know… because I want… to get over with it…”

For a second, she didn’t know how to react, clearly taken aback by her upfront manner but she managed to recover quickly from it, “Sure… it’s my pleasure…” Unable to perceive, she furrowed her brows while proceeding with the task.

You really are different… I don’t get you…

 

To the other girl, somehow the procedure didn’t feel as excruciating as the previous. But for the cause on whether it’s because the cut was not on the severe spot as before or the other was just trying to lighten the cut, she couldn’t know. She sighed inwardly.

You really are something… I don’t get you…

 

 

 

 

In this case, only each of them knew themselves.