∞→ r u b r i c s b r e a k d o w n

〈 d i v i d e r s 〉┊ r e v i e w s h o p

1} plot; /15

Storyline; /5

→ A good storyline makes a good story plot. What I meant was, the storyline would be that one which is planned carefully. The different parts of the story must have a certain flow to it. It helps the readers know what genre your story is of. 

Genre; /5

→ It is different from "Theme" because it meant the types of story genre, just like how music has the different genres. So if you're writing an angst, "Angst" would be the genre of the fic.

Foreword; /5

Foreword is like the introduction to a story, before you read the first chapter. It's in a way like a short paragraph of what is gonna be expected of the story. Foreword is meant to be neat and understandable, so it'll be great if it's really neat.

2} characters; /15

Persona of the characters; /5

→ Persona of the characters meant the image given to the characters. Expressing the characters in a different persona than their real persona would be hard, but worth the shot. As long as the character's persona is portrayed well and clear to the readers( in this case, me), you'll do well.

The parts each character has; /5

→ To keep it simple, the number of characters you have, must have equal parts. You can't focus on just a certain character(s) and neglect the others. If cameos have an "appearance" of three times in the story, it'll be considered equal if you have more than just three cameos. 

Personalities, Thoughts, feelings; /5

→ The personality must be CLEAR for each character(s) you've used. Example, if your character is portraying a cold but yet warm hearted kind of person, the personalities must be carried on until the scenes require you to tweak a little, but make sure there's a flow towards that particular change.

3} language; /10

Grammar; /5

→ Grammar includes your tenses, verbs and those that would make up a sentence. I'm lenient in grammar because I'm not much of a grammar nazi, BUT, i'll help you correct sentence(s) or maybe a paragraph with grammar mistakes.

Spelling; /5

→ I'm more particular to spelling, because I'm a spelling nazi, and again, I'll help you correct the words if there is spelling mistake(s) in the sentence or paragraph.

4} story title; /5

Story title is like the title of a book. If the story title is one that could have of catch your attention, then it's a good title, though there are stories with similar titles, but the plot would definitely be different for each writer has it's own ideas and/or desired storyline. If you're one of whom always have a good story title, you'll score in this area.

5} theme; /5

→ like Genre, it's slightly different because it is more centralised. So if your theme is of a dreamy-kind, and your genre chosen is angst, it would be a "Dream angst" story. The more clear-cut your theme is, the better your score in this area.

 

Total score; /50