Final

Only One

       You were practicing for the Valentine Special for Music Core. You were full with excitement when BoA sunbae asked you to sub for her at the last minute. Out of the other trainees she chose you. The quiet and shy one out of the rest. This makes you wonder why you were chosen. But whenever you tried only air had escaped your lips. 

       For five and a half straight hours, you practiced as hard as you possibly can handle. You did not want to disappoint anyone, BoA and her fans, especially your upcoming fans.
       There is no turning back now. 
       Within the last 3 hours of practice you memorized the dance and it was time to test your voice. 
        You stood still and closed your eyes thinking happy thoughts until Sehun appeared causing your heart to race. Yes, the maknae of EXO, who is also your best friend when he was still a trainee. You had a huge crush on him for a year, but you didn't not know how to express the feeling that hide in your heart. You tried a few times then when you were about to say something he had to go. Taking a deep breath in then letting it out calmed yourself a bit holding the locket in your hands. Inside had a photo of you and Sehun. 
       "you Are you ready?" Asked one of the instructor and she called you over.
       "N-nae.." you softly said walking over to where she was. Your felt a hand over your shoulder. 
       "you-ah you're going to do fine. You are a natural." The dancers all smiled at you, giving you courage before they left the room.
Taking another deep breath, she handed the lyrics to you and began the song. You closed your eyes and began to sing. But what you didn't know was, your instructor was not the only one listening to you sing. 
 
On the other side of the one way window/mirror...
 
       "This is a side of you I have never seen before" BoA said listening to your voice and how well you control your dynamics. "but since it's Valentine's day I'll accept it."
      "Heh.." He sighed softly embarrassed that he had asked. "Thanks sunbae ."
       "Good luck tonight." She gave him a smile before leaving the room. 
 
Behind stage. 
 
       It was almost time for your debut performance, you were getting your makeup and hair done. You held your locket in your hands hoping to get rid of the knots in your stomach. You listened to the other performers and glanced at the monitors a few time when it was Exo's performance. 
       "Hi everybody! I would like to say tonight is full of surprises. Especially today because it's Valentine's day." BoA spoke to the crowd as they all were screaming in excitement. "Sadly enough I won't be the one performing my song 'Only one'." She let the crowd let out their soft whine.
       "you-ah your on in 2 minutes." You nodded in response and stood up fixing your attire. You kissed your small heart and left it hanging on corner of the mirror. 
       "This hoobae of mine is in for a surprise herself. I hope you all will enjoy and support her in every way, I, BoA introduce you all to my hoobae, you. "
       You adjusted your mic and wallked off onto stage on cue with your dancers behind you. You walked up to your position and bowed at the crowd. "Annyeonghasaeyo! I am you. Before I start I want to say Happy Valentine's Day!" 
You closed your eyes and took in a deep breath before the song began. 
 
"You’re only getting farther – you’re the only one 
As much as I loved you, you’re the only one 
It hurts and hurts and it’s foolish but goodbye 
Though I may never see you again, you’re the only one 
Only one"
 
       You smiled throughout the beginning of the song and to your dance solo. But what you haven’t noticed was that you dance partner had changed again. The crowd went wild with their shrieks and screams that you were unaware who he was until he came close. Oh Sehun. The man that you tried to avoid today, because he made your heart skip a beat no matter how near or far away you are. 
You were going mentally insane as you two were touching palm to palm. you calm down it is just a dance. You can not screw here when your in the middle of doing a great Job. Just imagine Sehun oppa as the other dancers you practice with. As you two release and mirrored eachothers moves until again you are face to face with him. What almost caught you off guard was how his soft lips touched yours quickly before singing your next line. you saw a small grin on his face as you continue to wow the crowd.
 
"At my sudden works, you seem to be relieved for some reason
Where did we go wrong?
Did we hope for different places starting from long ago?"
 
       You had a smile throughout the last two minutes as you could not let go of the surprise you had received. 
        "You're the only one only one."
        You closed your eyes as soon as the song was going to an end. The crowd went wild and cheered you on. But your surprise was not over yet. Sehun and the MCs were on their way to you. Noticing the big screen was mostly you looking confused on why was going on. 
        Sehun stood in front of you holding something in one hand behind him, then knelt down on one knee. He raised the mic to his face and said. "you it's been a while since we last spoke or did things together," he bit his bottom lip before going on. "But that does not change how I feel about you. Will you be mine? Because you are the only one." He held a bouquet of roses in front of you. 
        You blinked a couple of times as you thought it was a dream. Everything you did today you thought was a dream. But it was real. Your own crush had confessed to you. He confessed. 
        In response , you nodded softly as a tear escaped and ran down your cheek. You were speechless and full of happiness. "You are so corny oppa.." you said as you wiped the tears of joy away and accepted the roses. "But that's why I love you."
         You didn't mean to say that out loud.You covered your lips in embarrassment  as the fans said "awwww." Sehun hugged you and kissed your forehead. Before clearing of the stage for the next performers.
       "Okay. Okay everyone settle down that was you who performed 'Only One' and had a surprise Valentine's... The next group are... "
        You were walking back to your station hand in hand with Sehun blushing throughout the way there. Then you remembered he announced it on television. You held your bouquet a little tighter while staring at the ground. Sehun looked at you, placing his free hand under your chin lifting it up as you came to contact with his eyes. He then caress your cheeks as they grew redder than now.You wanted to say something But whenever you try it's only air that leaves. 
         "Let me speak first," he said as you placed the roses on the table. "Ever since the day we met. To me it was love at first sight, But I didn't know what it was then. And through the years when we had been friends I had no confidence to say it to you." 
          You listened to him speak about his feelings for you. But you stood on the tips of your toes cutting him off with a kiss. "Just a simple I Love You will make me happy. But I like a story." You teased as you went down. "But stealing my first kiss on stage was unacceptable." 
          "Oh? How about I do it again?"
          "Huh?" Sehun leaned in and kissed you softly with his hand behind your neck. 
          "Happy Valentine's Day Yeobo. Saranghae."