confession.

Red Roses

Just a short Valentines Day oneshot c: P.S. This one shot is not made for anyone who will get offended by the fact that I am a Dooley fan and don't believe in Yongseo.


 

 
Who said you had to give someone roses for Valentines Day?
 
     "Park Shinhye. Meet me at my place tonight at 5."  
      Why? In the 4 years we've known each other, he's never asked me to come to his house. I've been there a few times, but not by his request. Just because he brought me there. It's Valentines Day. Why would he call me over. Doesn't he have someone he likes? He told me there's girl in his heart, but he's never gotten to confess because she's always so busy. Could it perhaps be Seohyun? It probably is. Call her over, not me. 
     I pulled my coat over my shoulders and got in my car. Worth giving it a shot. Is he perhaps gonna confess to Seohyun in front of me, because he knows I've had feelings for him before and wants to tease me about it? Sure, he's playful like that, but that's mean. 
     He's probably just gonna quickly greet me as his best friend with some roses and send me out before Seohyun gets there.
     Red roses. It would be nice to get some. It has been a while. Or just flowers at least. Flowers would be nice. Chocolate, something. Are you even calling me over to be nice, or for advice on how to make an impression on a pretty girl? 
     Seohyun. I see, why he may like her. She's pretty, she's smart, talented, can sing, dance. Ah, Park Shinhye are you getting jealous?
     I gave the Milk Man a call anyway.
     "Yah, Kang Shinwoo."
     "Are you on your way?" He said calmly.
     "I am. But why do you want me there? Is it to quickly ask for advice and send me out befoe the girl you want to confess to gets there?"
     "She's actually on her way now. I expect you to arrive after she leaves. Will you give me some advice on how to impress her? From you, a girl's point of view, how would you like a guy to confess to you?" Yonghwa retorted.
     "Then shouldn't I have left later if she's on her way? Anyway. I don't know. Roses, chocolates, a song. Play the guitar for her, write a song. Get down on one knee with the roses and ask her to be your girlfriend. That's what I prefer, I don't know about that girl."
     "That's good enough. Thanks for the idea. Let's keep talking until she gets here, okay?"
     "Okay. Why did you call me over though?"
     "I miss you. Why? Is it wrong to miss my best friend who never gets the time to see me anymore because she's so busy?  I even dyed my hair blonde, but you didn't notice because you were too busy with Shi Yoon Hyung."
     I laughed at him. "Of course I noticed, pabo-yah. You think I wouldn't notice such a drastic change in your appearance?" 
     I pulled into his driveway. "Oh. She's here. I'll call you back later."
     I looked around. The only car in the driveway was mine and his. Perhaps she got dropped off and went inside just now? Should I go in? I guess I could. I stepped out of the car. Should I have worn something nice? Something better than just sweats?
     Don't mind your apperance, by the way. This girl I plan on confessing to in a few minutes wouldn't mind.
     I went up to the doorstep and knocked lightly, making sure not to bother anything that might have been going on. Yonghwa opened the door with a smile.
     "So where is this mystery girl that Mr. Yonghwa is confessing to? Bathroom?"
     Yonghwa picked up his guitar and stood directly a foot in front of me. 
     "No. She's right in front of my eyes. Where I can see her, and admire her. Even if she isn't dressed nicely."
     Me.....?
     Yonghwa started to play his guitar and began to sing "Because I'm a Fool", which is the song his character sung for mine in You're Beautiful. After he finished, he pulled out a boquet of lilacs and got on his knee. 
     "Park Shinye. Have you ever gotten the idea that I might have liked you these 4 years? When we started You're Beautiful, when we ended, when doing We Got Married with Seohyun, I only thought of you and how you might have felt about this arranged marriage. When We Got Married finished, and we started You Have Fallen For Me, did you ever think I had feelings for you? I've loved you all these years. You loved me once, but you gave up because you thought I didn't feel the same. Do you think I don't get jealous when I see you and Shi Yoon hyung? I love you, Park Shinhye."
     I bit my lip. That girl. Was me. "I never really gave up. I tried to forget my feelings for you, but I never succeeded. I'm an actress, I can act like my feelings never happened. I always thought it was Seohyun, Seo Juhyun, that talented girl that you loved. I kept pretending because I didn't want to interfere with your feelings. I mean, she has it all. The looks, the brain, the talent. Why not a perfect girl like her?"
     "Because you are the perfect girl. You are the looks, you are the brain. You are the talent that I love." He stood up and gently handed me the flowers.
     "Why lilacs though?" I laughed slightly.
     "Every flower has a meaning to it when it comes to love. Roses mean romance, , a deep love for one another. Lilacs, they mean innocent love, pure love. I prefer to take it slow."
     "Well then lilacs are my favorite flower until you choose to get me some roses." I nudged him slightly. 
     "I think that might be a while. Sit down." He took my hand in his and brought me to his couch. "Do you want something to drink?" 
     "Water would be fine."
     "I'll be back." He walked off to the kitchen. 
     Who said you had to give someone roses on Valentines Day? Lilacs are much better. 
    Yonghwa returned with a glass of water. At the couch, he took a knee and pressed his lips onto mine.
     As he pulled away, he gave me the glass of water and smirked. "I think you may be getting a rose tonight." He fiddled with the zipper on my hoodie while biting his lip.
     I spit my water out and slapped his arm with a smile on my face. I set down the glass and continued to hit him until he got too far away that I had to stand up. 
     "Happy Valentines Day, Park Shinhye. I love you."
     "I love you too."