Chapter 001: Awaken

The Lost Ghost {Rewrite}

Chapter 001: Awaken

 


 

He wakes up with a throbbing headache, it makes his eyes clouded with what he believes as his own tears, and the bright light coming in from the small window above him is not helping him either. He puts his hands on his head, trying to hold himself in pieces before his head explodes, or so he thought.

He tries to make his breathe as even as it usually is, and he shakes his head slowly -an attempt to get rid of the blurry view which has clouded his eyes for a brief moment.

“What the hell was that?” He talks to himself, hands still rubbing on his head gently.

He couldn’t recalls what had happened last night, but he is pretty sure it doesn’t have anything to do with soju or beer because he doesn’t think he had one, but the throbbing headache and his light head makes him doubt himself.

Did he get himself drunk last night?

Kwangsu shakes his head again, disagreeing with whatever he had in mind at that particular moment. He tries to sit up and looks around him. He found himself on an empty floor, white is the colour but nothing else is there.

“Where am I?” the second question comes out rather low, like a whisper. He tries to recall last night’s memories again, and get nothing but a blank page of pitch black in his mind.

He sighs.

The man gets up from the floor, and start wandering around the room. It is a small white room, like a big box with four walls, there is only one window which is situated at the opposite of the door. It reminds him of a hospital’s room, where the insane people is lock up for good.

Wait, he’s not in it right?

He found himself frowning against his own thought, it must have been the headache effect, he couldn’t think straight right now. He looks around the room once again, everything looks so unfamiliar to him, and he just doesn’t feel right standing in this empty room, with no memories of what had happened.

He decides to try opening the door, thinking that it is better than trying to force his memories out. It is unlocked, to his surprise. He walks out of the room and found himself standing in the midst of a crowd, in an unfamiliar town.

What the heck is happening here?

The question keeps on popping out of his mind, and he gets even more confuse as he turns around, and found the weird ‘white room’ he was in minutes ago is gone. He is presented by a two floor stores’ building, the one in front him now is a clothes boutique, called Dignified.

Oh great, more things to puzzle at now.

He turns around in circles, and he feels like everything around him is moving too fast, way faster than his eyes could catch. The street he is standing at now is busy as heck, everyone is walking back and forth beside him, ignoring him because they are too busy with their own business.

He looks at his watch, intending to see the time of the day. It’s probably still early or maybe it’s the lunch time, where everyone is busy getting something to fill in their empty stomach. Well, to his surprise, his watch has stopped working.

“How come-” he pauses, trying to think of any logical reason he could come out with.

“This is ridiculous. I just got you fixed yesterday, damn it!” he slaps his own silver watch, Rolex is the brand but he could care less about it now because there’s something that catches his eyes.

“11.33 pm,” he mutters, a weird feeling starts to crawl inside of him as he looks more at the stopped time. It reminds him of something, something that he can’t recall.

He held his head up again, looking at everyone around him before he catches a sight of an old man passing by him. “Erm... Excuse me sir,” he greets him with a polite smile plastered on his small lips, “can I know where I am right now, please?” he asked.

The old man walks passes him without even looking at him, so much for the busy street. He rolls his eyes when he realizes that he was ignored by the old man.

“That was rude,” he comments, “acting like you don’t see me, huh?” he shrugs it away, trying to get another person’s attention on him. He saw a young lady heading towards him, and decides that maybe this time he will get an answer to his question.

““Err, excuse me miss, can you tell me where are we right now? I'm kind of lost here.” He asks, lips curve into a sweet smile but yet again, het get no answer. Even the young lady ignored him. Great, just great!

He feels like cursing every single person on that street, yelling to them so he could get their attention. He hope so. But he gets tired somehow, so instead of trying to ask peoples his whereabouts, he thinks he might as well find it out himself.

He walks along the street, looking at every shop he encounters on his way. He stops at a certain shop, looking at the clothes they have in display. It is by then that he realizes it; something is not right with his appearance.

His short blonde hair is looking good, though it looks quite messy but he takes it as one of his lazy hairstyle so nothing is wrong with that one. He is wearing a black suit, with white shirt below it. It is his usual clothes, he thinks.

He opens his black suit and checks his appearance again, and he couldn’t believe what his eyes are seeing now.

“What the hell-” he leaves his words hanging as his eyes glued to his stained white shirt.

 

It is blood!

And that means no good.

He touches it slowly; thinking that he might have hurt himself somewhere last night. It doesn’t hurt though, so he looks inside of his shirt, and to his own surprises there is a big wound on his ribcage.

What?

He feels nothing, not even a single pain touches his body. He starts to roam his pale hands on the wound, he could tell how deep it is and he could only think of knife’s stab as he stares at it more.

Something triggers his mind, right there and then. He looks at his own pale hand, his painless wound and his whole body shivers like crazy.

“What-” he stutters.

“What am I?” the question repeated in his mind over and over again, yet, no answer is given to him.

 


 

>>Author note: so ta-da~ here is the first chapter. It was originally the prologue but I decided to make it the first chap, just to make it more neatly organised. huu. My writing style has changed so much since the past two years, if you have read the original version or any of my old fic, you will notice that. Well, I hope it change to the better. haha. Anyway, much love for you guys. Till we meet again fellow sweethearts! <3