And Four Months Go By

Me and My Idol Husband

Christy’s POV

“Hey, you’re looking great for a pregnant woman,” I say with a smile as I look at Nicole.

“Yeah, well,” she says with a smile. “I guess you could say that, but I think you were much better when you were pregnant.”

“How can you say something like that?” I ask with a chuckle. “I guess Changmin-oppa is taking good care of you nowadays, right?”

“He sure is,” Nicole says as she looks down at her stomach. “I can’t believe it’s already been four months.”

“Well four months is a long time. When you’re pregnant it seems like the days couldn’t go by fast enough and then when you’re looking back on it, you think that it went by fast,” I explain to her.

“So then would you want to be pregnant again?”

“Me?” I ask shocked. I’ve never been asked that question before. “Maybe,” I say with a light chuckle, “but Onew is busy with everything he’s doing and we wouldn’t have time for a third child.”

“So you would want a third child?”

“I…I honestly don’t know,” I say. “I mean, I love MInjin and Jinyoung to death, but would we be able to handle a third child? Onew’s busy with his career and I’m just here living everyday life.”

“You miss him, don’t you.”

“Of course I do,” I say with a chuckle. It’s been four months since he’s debuted as a member of SHINee and he’s just been getting busier and busier. That’s good for his group, though, but that means that we haven’t been able to spend proper time together. In the one or two hours of breaks that he gets every so often, whether it’s to eat or to relax before he has to go somewhere else, he does call me, but when he comes home, he comes home late and then leaves early. I can’t remember the last time I properly saw his face in real life.

“You have that look on your face,” Nicole says as she examines my face.

“What are you talking about?” I ask as I turn away from her.

“I don’t know,” she says as she leans back in her chair. “It just seems like you haven’t seen him for a while. There’s this longing sound in your voice.”

“Maybe there is,” I say as I look around the house as Nicole looks around as well.

“It seems like the guys haven’t been here for a while either, the house is perfectly clean.”

“Are you saying that I don’t keep a clean house?” I ask with a chuckle.

“I know how guys are. I have one at home now,” Nicole says, “and it’s hard to keep a house clean with one guy around, let alone five.”

“It’s alright,” I say forcing a smile on as I notice the clock. “I have to go pick up the kids now. Do you want to come with me?”

“Sure,” Nicole says with a smile as we both get up to go to the car. “I haven’t seen them for quite a while. I’m sure they’re going to love it.”

“Let’s go,” I say with a smile.

As I’m driving, though, I keep thinking about what Nicole and I were talking about. Sure I’m glad for Onew and the rest of the guys for making their dreams come true, but I sometimes wish that there was time he would be able to spend with me. However, I do know that he’s an idol now and he’s busy doing whatever it is that idols do, but it’s just a wish I have. It’s just a wish that probably won’t come true.

“Auntie!” Minjin yells as she comes out of the school first.

“Hi Minjin,” Nicole brightly greets as she leans down to hug her.

“Minjin, where’s Jinyoung?” I ask as I look around and don’t see him anywhere. Normally the two of them come out at the same time.

“He’s still inside the classroom,” Minjin said as she turned around to look back at the school.

“Is there a reason why?” I ask as I look towards the school. “Did he get in trouble?”

“I don’t know,” Minjin says.

“I’ll watch her out here,” Nicole says as she stands up straight. “You go inside and see what’s going on with Jinyoung.”

“Thank you,” I say giving a smile towards Nicole before I go inside the school to see what’s going on with Jinyoung.

 

Onew’s POV

“Being an idol is hard,” Taemin complains as he collapses on the floor with his arms spread out.

“Tell me about it,” Key says sitting down as he huffs and puffs from the dance practice that we’ve had for the last hour. “Preparing for another stage is hard.”

“Well you’re the one who convinced us to be idols,” I say looking at him.

“Still though, it’s fun, isn’t it?” Minho asks chiming into the conversation.

“It is, it is,” Jonghyun says as he looks at himself in the large mirror that’s in the room.

“Anyway, hyung, how are you and noona doing?” Taemin wonders.

“Huh?” I ask looking at all of their expectant faces. “What are you talking about?”

“We’re all curious about dating when we’re this busy,” Taemin further explains.

“We?” the rest of the guys ask looking at him.

“You’re talking about yourself,” Minho says with a chuckle. “You’re the one who wants to know about dating and this world.”

“It’s just like anything,” I say shrugging my shoulders. “I don’t know. I mean…we haven’t really spent much time with one another lately and it’s been four months since we debuted. I just don’t know. I kind of feel like our relationship is being strained.”

“Why don’t you try to do something about it then?” Key suggests.

“I don’t know. I try, or at least I think I try,” I say as I attempt to think about it. “But half of the time I’m too tired to even realize what I’m doing or what I’m saying and most of the time everyone’s asleep when we wake up and leave that I can’t even properly talk and we can’t ask for a day off because we’re rookies, we have to work this hard in this type of industry.”

“Yeah, that’s right,” Jonghyun says as he stands up.

“So, are you guys hungry?” our manager asks as he comes into the room.

“Yeah,” the five of us reply in unison.

“Alright, well let’s go get something to eat before your afternoon schedules so go get changed and then meet out front in the van.”

“Okay,” the five of us reply as he leaves.

“Where do you think we’re eating?” Minho wonders as we go over to where our bags are sitting and begin freshening up to go out.

“You only ever think about food,” Jonghyun says with a chuckle.

“Who cares, it’s a break,” Key says as he starts heading towards the door with the four of us following behind him.

It doesn’t take us long to arrive at the place we’re eating at. It’s a simple restaurant that looks small enough that people wouldn’t really notice us here. After we order what we want, we just sit around in silence not really saying anything, it’s not like there is even that much for us to say.

“So guys,” our manager says as he sits down at the table, “the end of the year is approaching. I know it’s only September, but the schedules are starting to be set. I mean, we have the remaining promotion stages and then there’s the Asia Song Festival and your repackaged album with the new title song. Oh and don’t forget about the Asian Music Awards and the Golden Disk Awards. It looks like you guys will be promoting from now into the new year.”

“That is a lot of promoting,” I sigh as I rest my head on the table.

“Still, it’s all in good spirits,” Taemin says as he looks at all of us. “C’mon hyungs, you can’t be like this already.”

“Hyungs are older than you, we’re tired,” Jonghyun says.

“Oh, it’s SHINee,” a familiar voice says.

“Ah, hello,” the five of us say as we get up from our seats as quickly as possible. “Hello sunbaenim.”

“You guys are cute,” Jessica says as she comes over to us. “Aren’t they?”

“They sure are,” Tiffany says with a smile. “Well sit, sit.”

We do as we’re told and sit down with the two of them taking a seat with us as well. “What are you doing here?” I ask.

“Just getting something to eat,” Jessica says with a smile. “Why don’t we eat together?”

 

Christy’s POV

“Um…is there something wrong?” I hesitantly ask as I enter the classroom and see Jinyoung sitting at a table by himself with the teacher sitting right next to him.

“Ah, Jinyoung’s mother,” the teacher says as she comes over.  “Hello, how are you?”

“Hello,” I greet back, “I’m fine. Is there something wrong here?”

“Nothing really major,” she says as she looks at me and then back to Jinyoung. “It’s just that Jinyoung’s been having a hard time lately.”

“A hard time lately?” I wonder. “What do you mean?”

“It seems as though he’s been acting up a little bit. I’m sorry to invade on your personal life, but is everything alright at home? There isn’t anything strange happening?”

“Um…no,” I say shaking my head. “There isn’t anything strange. Did Jinyoung say something strange?”

“Well…we have a project about showing the members of our family, but Jinyoung has refused to do it.”

“He has?” I ask surprised. He’s never refused to do anything before and I can see why the teacher is having concerns. Normally Jinyoung does whatever he’s asked. “What about Minjin?”

“Minjin did the project just fine. Here,” she says as she starts going towards her desk, “I can show you what hers looks like.”

“Alright,” I say as I follow behind her.

As I go back to her desk, I take quick glances at Jinyoung every now and then with his head low sitting at the desk with paper in front of him. I don’t know why he won’t draw his family, but I think I can guess a little bit and it’s probably about Onew.

After Onew and the rest of them debuted, the both of us made sure to go over what we would want our children to know about Onew’s lifestyle now. We both agreed on not letting them say that their father was on television since that would probably make people curious about who their father is and thus leading to someone finding out. They were, however, allowed to say that their father sings, but they couldn’t say where or how. And even setting these rules, we both knew that probably some difficulties would arise and that the kids may not fully understands or sometimes forget and let something slip out of their mouth, but we both agreed that we’d understand the situation, because after all, they are only five-year-olds.

“This is Minjin’s,” she says as she shows me a piece of paper that has the four of us drawn on there. “I’m not sure why Jinyoung won’t follow suit, but he says that he won’t draw his father. It’s the only one missing on his picture.”

“Oh,” I quietly say as I look at Minjin’s picture. “I’ll talk to him, alright?”

The teacher silently nods as I place the paper back on the desk and go over to where Jinyoung is sitting. “Eomma,” Jinyoung says looking at me as I sit down next to him.

“Jinyoung-ah,” I say as I lightly touch his head. “Your teacher says that you won’t draw appa on your picture. Why?”

“Because I don’t know how to,” he says as he looks up at me with sad eyes.

“It’s okay if you don’t know how to draw. Your sister doesn’t know how to draw either,” I say with a chuckle. “Neither does eomma or appa. None of us can draw very well.”

“I can draw,” Jinyoung says as he looks at the crayons and paper that are sitting on the desk.

“Then what are you talking about?” I ask. “Then what don’t you know? Why can’t you draw appa?”

“Because I forget what appa looks like.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With Onew busy for the rest of the year, will he and Christy be able to spend time together? What will happen with the children? What does the future have in store?

 

Here's Chapter 8. Hope you enjoyed :D