Lunch on the Roof

Rooftop Lunch

Krystal Jung Soojung was perplexed. She knew that on a day such as today, this situation was inevitable. But she didn't expect it to happen to her.

 

No, not her. Not her ordinary self with a slight dash of geek. Her role in society had already been established. If anything, it slightly changed, but overall, she was still an outcast. So the quiet nerd part was a bit of a turn-off for everyone else, but not for one certain person; the one who left the small Valentine's Day card in her locker as she put stuff away. The thing was that she knew who it was from too, and she blushed.

 

“Soojungie, you're blushing!”

 

Krystal squeaked and nearly jumped 20 feet in the air. She turned to her friend with a hand on her chest trying to calm her breathing. Choi Jinri just came out of nowhere and scared the living hell out of her. And caused everyone to stare at her. After all, it was rare to see Krystal Jung Soojung display some type of emotion- most people even thought she was mute before the talent show months ago.

 

Jinri had a big smile on her face, like she usually does. It made her look all innocent, but Krystal swears she sees a hint of mischievousness in the back of her eyes. Jinri stepped closer, Krystal backed up into the lockers behind her, trapped, and Jinri took a look at the card in Krystal's hand.

 

“To the one I love,

 

Rooftop; Lunch?

 

- ♥♥♥” Jinri read. “Wah! Soojungie! Why didn't you tell me you had a boyfriend?!”


It was very rare for Krystal to want to kill the very few friends she had, and those friends happen to be popular so their destruction meant her demise; but this was one of the very few instances where she just wanted to gag Jinri and throw her into a dark ditch from from society's eyes because Jinri had successfully gotten everyone's attention and Krystal hated it with a passion. This was the very thing she was trying to avoid.

 

Oblivious to Krystal's seething, Jinri looked at the clock. It was 12:30 pm. Lunch time. Realization hit her, “SOOJUNG, YOU GOTTA GO!” And she packed up Krystal's stuff, grabbed her hand, and they hauled down the hallway.

 

Chants of “OUT OF THE WAY, OUT OF THE WAY!” and “WHOOPS, SORRY, EXCUSEZ MOI!” shouted in every direction as the tall girl bulldozed everyone to create a path for Krystal and herself. After all, Soojungie had a date!

 

“CHOI JINRI! SLOW YOUR DOWN!”

 

Jinri slowed to a stop, looking over her shoulder. (Besides the fact that Krystal was dying) Park Sun Young and Song Qian was seen down the hallway she just ran over, trying to catch up.

 

“Hi, unnies!” Jinri smiled. She wasn't even winded from her full on sprint.

 

“What do you think you're doing?! We were walking to the cafeteria and we see you storming the hallways like a bull!” Sun Young lectured.

 

“But, but!”

 

Before Sun Young spoke again, Qian put a hand on her shoulder and told her to calm down. “Now, before you go again, how about you let go of Soojung and tell us why you're in such a rush?”

 

Jinri looked at Krystal. Krystal looked kind of dead, after being dragged around at high speeds of a mach one Jinri. She quickly let go and turned back to her unnies, “Soojungie has a date with her boyfriend, unnie! We got to go, he's waiting on the rooftop!”

 

(Oblivious to one of Krystal's rare glares) Sun Young and Qian looked surprised. Then they turned to Krystal with the same smile on their faces, the one Jinri had on. Krystal felt like the pit of her stomach dropped drastically. Jirni grabbed Krystal's hand, Qian practically carried Krystal's torso, and Sun Young held everyone's books and they once again hauled all the way to the rooftop to meet Krystal's special one.

 

“SORRY SHE'S LATE!” Jinri's screamed as soon as she busted the door to the rooftop open.

 

On the other side of the roof, sitting against the raised ledge, was ever-miss-popular Amber Liu, about to take a bite out of her sandwich, staring right back at Jinri(holding Krystal's hand, who was being carried by Qian and her books carried by Sun Young).

 

Awkward silence.

 

“Hyung?”

 

“Uh... yes?”

 

“Why are you here?”

 

“Uh, why are you here?”

 

Jinri tilted her head, “What are you talking about, someone was supposed to be here for Soojungie.”

 

Qian let go of Krystal(she was practically dead by this point), and Krystal had a blank expression on her face.

 

“Well, whatever. Did you see anyone else here, hyung? Soojungie has a date!”

 

Alarmed, Amber denied, “No, I didn't see anyone else here.” Amber had to keep their relationship a secret.

 

Jinri started to whine, Sun Young was about to give someone a piece of her mind. Both thought whoever Soojung was supposed to meet up with was either late or stood her up. Qian continued to stare at Amber and Amber was getting very uncomfortable because Qian could be very insightful when she wanted to be.

 

Krystal thought this over. To expose, or to not expose, that was the question. The cons weighed a lot more than the pros if she was to be honest. But if that talent show from months ago taught her anything, it was to take chances and go with it. So she stepped forward.

 

Everyone was silent as she walked toward Amber, and she sat next to her. Back against the ledge like Amber's, facing her friends who were still confused(as well as the one next to her). But she simply took out her lunch and started eating.

 

But she wasn't that confident yet, just not yet, so she ate with her head down and a small blush on her face. In the corner of her eye, she could see Amber's eyes soften.

 

“Wait... So, Krystal; you, and Amber?” Sun Young asked. Krystal's face grew redder.

 

Mind.

 

Blown.

 

The other three bombarded the couple with questions, “HOW LONG?!” “WHEN?!” “WHAT ARE YOU EATING!?” Amber only laughed in pure happiness. The future was the future and she could deal with that when it came, all that mattered was that Krystal was there eating lunch with her.

 

Behind Amber's lunchbox, Krystal intertwined her hand with Amber's. They needed something considering their three date-crasher friends barged into their supposed private Valentine's Day date.

 

 

Totally forgot Valentine's Day existed until my friend was like “let's have a singles day where we just play video games”, so I wrote this just now.

 

This is a slight sequel to Small Journey.

 

I love Sulli's character in here. Now you see how stupid I was supposed to make her in the prequel.

 

ENDING IS STUPID AND GROSS IM SO TIRED(so please tell me any spelling mistakes because I did a quick edit and I still have homework but I'm tired)

 

Half-way through making this, I realized that there was little Kryber and was more of ot5. I'm sorry. (Also one of the reasons why I didn't post this in my collection)

 

happy (late-ish) Valentine's/Singles Awareness Day \o/

 

-fmaXp3rt