The Words I've Wanted to Hear

Three Simple Words

 

I sigh heavily as I enter the train. My brother, Jongup oppa, left earlier in order to prepare for the events we planned for today, leaving me to get there alone. I inwardly frown as I notice how cramped it was in the train. I stand next to the door, in hopes of being the first one out. I groan as I feel someone bump into me. This place was too cramped. It was like putting monkeys in a barrel. I quickly walk closer to the door to prevent more people from bumping into me. I frown as I feel someone hit my back. My eyes widening, I flinch.

'Oh my god. Someone is....'

I shiver as I feel a hand brush my . I clench my eyes shut. As I open my mouth to scream, his hand shoots up to cover it. I stiffen as my skirt lifts upward.

'Someone help... I'm scared.. Why isn't anyone noticing this ert? Jongup oppa help me. Anyone. Why won't anyone help me?'

I bite my lip hard as fingers fiddle with my shirt.

"Are you enjoying this?" I could feel tears slip down my face. His fingers begin to move upward.

'Someone please make him stop. Oppa! Help!'

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?" The stranger's hands are taken off of me and pushed aside.

"Don't touch her, you ert." My savior hides me behind him. I gaze quietly at his back, as my heart thumps faster. As the man flees, I breathe deeply, hoping to calm myself.

"Yuna, are you ok?" Shocked, I look up shakily.

My brother's best friend. Zelo.

My legs give out and I crumple to the floor of the train. Zelo's eyes widen as he bends down and lifts me up. He quickly pulls me into an embrace and pats my back to soothe me.

"I'm sorry I wasn't here sooner," I hear him mutter softly.

"I-I was so scared," I cry, gripping his shirt tightly, as he wipes away my tears with his thumbs. My heart begins to beat faster, my breathing quickening.

'C'mon hormones... Not now... Don't start acting up now.'

He pulls himself away suddenly, causing me to frown.

"Junhong oppa?" I feel the blood rush to my face as he props his arms and body to cover mine completely.

"If I do this, no one can hurt you, Yuna." Zelo says with a wide grin on his face. He chuckles as I shyly look down. I gasp as I feel him place his head on mine.

"I should been here faster. Jongup is going to be so mad." he whispers as he lift his head and looks away.

"Oppa, it's ok. You got here before he could do anything. Thanks." I smile as he grins widely, looking into my eyes. I shudder as his fingertips brush my cheek.

"Oppa?" I blush as he brings his face closer to mine. As he draws closer, I hold my breath, gripping the bottom of my shirt. My eyes widen as his lips softly land on mine. My eyes slowly shut as I return the kiss. My mind was a mess. Thoughts kept banging into my mind.

'Oh god, I'm kissing my brother's best friend. My brother's! God.... Why is he such a good kiss- Stop! Stop! This is wrong! Oh god. What am I going to do? How am I going t-'

"We are approaching our last stop of the day. Hope you had a nice trip."

Blushing hard, Junhong breaks the kiss and looks away, scratching the back of his neck. We awkwardly stand next to each other as the train begins to stop. As soon as the doors open, Junhong rushes out the train, leaving me to stagger behind. I smile as I walk toward my group of friends.

"Ok! Zelo and Yuna have finally made it! Let's hurry and head over to the amusement park. Can't wait to ride some rollercoasters." I hear YoungJae say. I roll my eyes as Jongup drags Zelo away. Slowly walking toward the park, I notice my best friend chatting with Daehyun. I smile as I notice them start laughing.

'Wouldn't want to ruin their moment. They look so cute together.'

I sigh as I walk toward a bench. Everyone had already started to have fun, everyone but me. I kick an invisible rock before sitting quietly on it. I let out a sigh as I look toward the blue sky. Rollercoasters where not my thing. Heights are something I was extremely afraid of. If only there were more rides that had nothing to do with them.

"You aren't going to ride anything, Yuna?" I look up to the source of the deep, husky voice. I quickly shake my head and smile.

"So you're not going to ride anything? Nothing? Nothing at all. Ahh," I laugh as YongGuk sits next to me, sighing in defeat. As he begins to grin, my eyes narrow.

"And why are you sitting here with me? Aren't you going to go and have fun with everyone else, oppa?" I say as I poke him in the chest. I laugh as he begins to pout.

"How can I have fun if one of my friends is just sitting around and not riding anything?" He says as he flashes his gummy smile. Looking at him with confusion, I let out a sigh.

"Oppa! You know how much I ha-" I gasp as I'm suddenly lifted up from the bench. Hearing a familiar chuckle, I begin to struggle.

"Jongup oppa, put me down!" I say as I lightly hit him.

"Nope. You are going to be a good girl and ride a roller coaster with your one and only oppa." My eyes widen as I struggle more, refusing to let him get any closer to the ride.

"Oppa! No! You know I hate roller coasters. Please don't make me do this." My eyes frantically search for someone. Landing on someone walking toward us, my eyes widen.

"Junhong oppa! Help please." I say shouting, as he runs over faster. I smile as he snatches me from my brother's grasp, pulling me out of his reach. 

"You can put me down now." I say happily, letting out a sigh of relief. I squeak as he holds me tighter, my heart leaping to my throat. My jaw drops as he carries me over to the roller coaster line, Jongup and YongGuk following closely behind, laughing loudly.

"You traitor! Put me down, Zelo! Put me down now!" I screech as I begin to kick my feet. Pretending to be hurt, he puts on a sad expression, melting my attitude slowly.

"Aw, no Zelo oppa? Yuna-yah, why won't you call me oppa?" I puff as he walks closer to the line.

"Put me down please, Zelo oppa" I beg as a giant grin spreads onto his face. My heart beats fast as he looks at me quietly.

"Sorry, princess," I pout as we arrive at the entrance to the line to my worst nightmare. I thrash frantically as he enters the line, carrying me with him. I frown as he puts me down when we are near the carts of the ride, ignoring the strange looks from other riders.

"You are all too mean." I hear them all laugh, as I pout. My attention gets stolen away as a cart leaves, people on board screaming. I gulp silently as my gaze turns back to my brother. I look at him pleadingly.

"Oppa, please don't make me do this." I beg, earning a sigh from my brother.

"Yuna-yah, you have to get over your fear of heights somehow." I frown as YongGuk nods in agreement to my brother's statement. I grimace as we wait for the cart to return.

"Jongup-opp-"

"Yuna-yah! I'm going to ride the front one with YongGuk." I gape as my brother runs off to the front of the rollercoaster area. I let out a sigh, only to get a chuckle in return. I pout as I turn to Junhong.

"I'll ride it with you," he says as he smiles sheepishly. I smile back at him thankfully, ignoring the butterflies in my stomach. I gulp as the cart returns, quietly protesting as Zelo pushes me into it.

As soon as I sit in the car, I freeze, clenching my fists until they turn white. Chuckling, Junhong reaches over and buckles our seatbelt. I blush as our shoulders bump, suddenly realizing how close we were to each other. I clear my throat as one of the employees checks our cart. I bite my lip hard as the cart begins to move. Feeling my heart thump faster, I hold my breath as the cart begins climbing up the rails.

"Relax, Yuna." I let out a deep breath as Junhong grabs ahold of my hand. As the cart drops, I shut my eyes instantly, hiding my face in Zelo's side. I let out a sigh of relief as the cart returns to a straight path. As I open my eyes, I hear Zelo chuckle as he holds my hand tighter. I didn't know what made me more nervous, the ride or Junhong oppa sitting so close to me.

'Aish, why are roller coaster carts so small? I'm too close to oppa.'

I let out a scream as the ride suddenly drops and loops. I shakily breathe as the ride returns to the line. As soon as the seatbelt was taken off, I fly out of the cart. Exiting the ride, I bump into Himchan, who was waiting for us in front of the entrance of the ride.

"Yuna, are you ok? You look pale. Did you ride the rollercoaster?" He places a hand onto my forehead as YongGuk, Jongup, and Zelo quickly run out the exit. Himchan lifts an eyebrow suspiciously, as Jongup looks at me with worry.

"You guys forced her on a ride, didn't you?" he says as he hits the back of Jongup's head. Jongup groans as he rubs his now aching head.

"You know your sister hates anything that has to do with heights." He says as he pulls me close to him. I breathe deeply, trying to calm myself. Jongup frowns as he pulls me away from him, into a hug.

"Mian Yuna-yah." I nod as I grip his shirt, relaxing in his touch. I squeak as I'm ripped away from my brother's embrace.

"Yah! Choi Junhong! What do you think your doing?" Junhong smirks as he pulls me toward him.

"I'm going to take your sister with me to get some ice cream." I laugh as he drags me behind him, leaving three of his surprised hyungs behind. I blush as I look at our entwined hands. 'If only he felt the same...' I sigh as I ask him why he had taken me with him.

"Think of it as an apology," he says softly as he tightens his grip on my hand. I smile inwardly as I walk closer to Junhong, blushing even more. As soon as we reach the shop, he walks me to a table and leaves to get us ice cream. I smile as he hands me my favorite mint chocolate chip ice cream, holding his with his other hand. 'Mint chocolate chip, our favorite ice cream.'

"So, Yuna, are you enjoying today so far?" My thought torn away from me as I look at him with confusion. Realizing his question, I blush at the thought of the kiss on the train.

"Um, I am," I say as I clear my throat. My face reddens more as he brings his face closer to mine. Hoping for a kiss, I close my eyes.

"Yuna-yah, your ice cream is melting." My eyes snap open as I look at my ice cream.

"Wah! No! Not my ice cream!" he chuckles as I begin to eat my ice cream quickly. I frown as the ice cream melts onto my hand. Walking over to a trash can, I drop the liquid filled ice cream cone into it.

"Aigoo, my hands are sticky. Oppa, I'll be right back, I need to wash my hands," I smile as I walk toward the bathrooms.

"Oh my god! That guy is so hot! Is he alone?"

"I'm going to go over now."

I tune out the loud noises as I walk into the bathroom. I groan as I begin to wash my hands quickly, slightly wanting to hurry and get back to Junhong oppa. I let out a content sigh as I dry my clean hands. Leaving the bathroom, I smile widely, tucking my hair behind my ear as I start to return to Junhong oppa. My hands drop lifelessly as I look toward him. My chest aching as I notice girls flock around him, like bees around a flower. I notice the girls hand him something, frowning as he laughs and accepts it. I turn around as I gently place a hand on my chest.

"Why does my chest hurt? Why would what Zelo does matter to me? It's not like he's my boyfriend..." I mutter as I walk in the opposite direction. I continue around the amusement park aimlessly, until I stop in front of the ferris wheel. I let out a growl of frustration before I enter the line. Alone. I ignore the strange look from the employee, who was wondering why I was alone. Entering the cart, I pout, looking out the door, hoping someone was there. I sigh as the employee closes the door, the cart beginning to lift off the platform. Letting out a sigh, I sit looking out at the scenery.

"I wish I was here with Jun- someone." I hit the back of my head on the wall as I let out another frustrated sigh. I blink back the pesky tears forming in my eyes. Clenching my fists, I begin to rub the tears away.

"It's just allergies. Just stupid allergies." I tell myself as I rub my eyes more. My attention turns to my now vibrating phone in my pocket. Looking at my phone, I turn it off, ignoring my urge to pick it up and answer him. Why should he care where I am? I'm just his best friend's little sister. Nothing less... and nothing more. No matter how much I wanted me to be. I quietly place my phone back into my pocket as I look out the window. I bite my lip, my thoughts begin to hope for someone I was trying to forget as the cart returns to the platform slowly. I say nothing as the ferris wheel door opens, the employee waiting for me to leave. As I get up, I'm taken aback as someone rushes in, causing me to flinch slightly.

"Sorry, I was just leaving now," I mutter almost mutely as I begin to walk toward the exit. I stumble backwards as he grabs my wrist, closing the door behind him. My jaw drops as the cart begins to move up yet again. I hear him let out large gasps for air, his hands on his knees as if he had been running a marathon. 

"Um are you oka-"

"Are you crazy, Yuna? Why didn't you come back from the bathroom? Where did you go?" Shocked at who it was, I sit back down on the seat as he continued to scold me. I could feel tears swell up in my eyes again. Surprised, he quiets down and sits beside me, letting out a shakey breath.

"Please don't cry, Yuna. I don't like it when you cry. You're much prettier smiling." I wipe away my tears as I hear his softer tone.

"I'm not crying. I... It's because of my allergies. Pollen seems to be everywhere," he lets out a soft chuckle, knowing that I had no such allergy. I shift uncomfortably as he moves closer to me.

"You could have just stayed with those unnies," I mutter as the ferris wheel begins to return back to the ground. I ignore the confused look he gives me as the cart stops, our door opening. I quickly let out a large sigh before I head toward the door.

"I would appreciate it if you could stop messing with my feelings," I say almost mutely as I leave the cart. My chest aches as I leave the ferris wheel. Tears slipping down my face as I realize he wasn't following me. I walk toward the merry-go-round, listening to the slightly comforting music play in the background.

Seeing my brother and YoungJae, I quickly wipe my tears, walking close to them. I gasp as something grabs my wrist and pulls me into an embrace.

"I-I won't stop messing with your feelings. Not until you notice mine," My breath hitches as I feel warmth cover my body.

"J-Junhong oppa, what do you mea-" I get cut off as lips silence me from speaking.

"I love you."

I never knew that three words could make my heart stop. Those eight letters could make my feelings boil over. I blush as he looks at me for an answer. 

"I-I love you too, oppa," he smiles as he pulls me into a hug.

"Yuna nekkoya." I blush as he kisses me again.

"Yah! Choi Junhong! What are you doing to my baby sister?!" I hide my face in my hands, blushing furiously. I was just caught by my brother, kissing his best friend.

"I'm just kissing Yuna," My eyes widen as Jongup's face reddens.

"Just kissing? You... My sister.."

"It's not like it was the first time. Besides, she's my girlfriend. Am I not allowed to kiss my own girlfriend, hyung?" My heart skips a beat. Girlfriend. I like the way he said that. The way he was calling me that.

"G-girlfriend? That can't be true... Yuna? Yuna is it true?" I nod shyly as I hide behind Junhong.

"No, my poor innocent baby sister!" Junhong laughs as he pulls me closer to him, sticking his tongue out at Jongup. I smile as he kisses my forehead.

I love you so much, oppa.