Be Mine?

Happy Valentines!

 

Another evening after another super tiring, lonely and depressing day at school. But today was even worse than any other boring day. Today was valentines day, every where you'd turn couples kissing, girls holding flowers and chocolate, I hated the sight. I'd rather see somebody blow their head off.  A part of me wished to be one of those girls; hoping that Donghae might of tried and surprise me today. I know him and i are just really good friends, but I've fallen for him. I hate that I feel this way because i don't want to be like any other of his 'fan girls' but it's so hard not to melt into those eyes. He knows I feel this way but still we continue our relationship status as: JUST FRIENDS. Not that we are anything else but, I honestly wished we were. Deep down inside of me I kept praying that he might come out of no where as I walk to my other classes and hand me a bouqet of beautiful flowers. But I know it wasn't going to happen. I know he doesn't love me, then why do I set myself up for all these failed expectations? I sighed and decided to take my mind off this stressful quiz I was currently trying to study for. I slammed my book shut and was ready to go downstair to begin my quest for food in my fridge. But all of a sudden my phone buzzed, it was a text message from him. I read it: Hey, what ya' doin? Oh.. just another normal conversation starter. I don't know what I was expecting him to text me.. then why do I feel so disappointed? I tried to shake the thoughts of my head and told him I was studying for a quiz. I piled up my books neatly at the side of my desk and decided to organize my notes, then my phone buzzed again. Oh thats so much fun, i wish i was u ;) He replied to me saurcastically, of couse Donghae. Donghae's day is never completed until he has a chance to tease me about how studious I am. He doesn't understand how strict my parents are okay,   they take away everything. Besides clothes, thats just wrong and inappropriate on so many levels. My stomach growled and reminded me of how hungry I was. I left my phone on my desk and continued on my quest for something to eat. I scanned my pantry hoping there were some snacks that weren't healthy, and that I actually liked. During my search the door bell suddenly wrang twice in a row. I jumped and looked over at the stove clock which blinked: 9:49PM. Who could be ringing the door bell at this time? I walked over to the door. My parents already went to work an hour ago, maybe my dad just for something. Typical him. Simply I opened the door to ask him what he needed now, but then I froze. It was Donghae. I froze at the sight of him soaked from the rain, his bike tossed on my drive way, but the ruby red flowers perfectly fine and beautiful. I tried so hard to say something but not a sound would come out of me, I blinked several times trying to see if this was just all a dream. "Happy Valentines Day!" He smiled and offered me the roses. I flashed back to life when he offered me the bouqet of roses, I took them from him and off common courtesy, I thanked him and invited him in. I took his jacket and hung it over my stair railings, "why are you here?" I asked him leading him into my living room. I sat down beside him and temporarily placed the flowers on the coffee table in front of us. "It's valentines day. I knew you'd be expecting me to give something to you at school, so I really wanted to surprise you.." He smiled, his hair in his eyes dripping wet. I should really get him a towel I remembered. I smiled, “thank you” I paused then added, “let me get you clothes and a towel.” I got up and went upstairs into my older brothers room. I looked for clothes he left here before going to college. I found clothes and went into the linens closet to get a towel and headed back downstairs. I handed him the clothes and the towel, “here you go.” I went to turn and leave the room so he has privacy to change. “Wait.” He stopped me, “where you going?” I tried so hard not to blush. Trying so hard to over think what he was doing I tried my best to turn around and calmly say, “I’m just giving you privacy to change.” I went to leave again, but he held onto my wrist. “Wait.” He looked at me straight in the eyes, his eyes searching through mine. “Can help me dry my hair?” He offered me the folded towel. He’s so oblivious. He doesn’t know how much this is killing me inside. He doesn’t know how much I wanted him to feel the same way, how much I wish his heart was beating as fast as mine, and wishing that his mind was racing as much as mine. I nodded silently and took the towel from him and unfolded it and while I did he took off his shirt and laid it out on my couch. I held a breath and my heart skipped a beat when I saw him there looking at me, waiting for me to unfold the towel. I tried so hard not to stare at his abs; I kept my eyes glued to either him or the towel. He leaned in a little closer to me so I could scrub his hair dry with my towel. I gently ran the towel through his hair, trying so hard to control my breathing. All of a sudden his hand caught my wrist and he slipped between the towel and me. My hands still holding onto the towel, but he was now in my arms inches away from his face; his eyes staring into mine. I blinked at him severally times trying to process how fast he just did that. I silently anticipated what he did next. With his hair still in his face he looked down onto me and took my chin to make me look up to him. I tried so hard to slowly breathe, but my heart was ready to burst out my chest, with him being this close to me. His nose touching mine, his eyes glued onto mine, his breath on mine.                                                                                                                        “I really wanted to tell you this sooner..” he paused took his other hand and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear and continued, “but I really wanted to wait for Valentine’s day to make it a little special.” I gulped and took in a deep breath and just kept listening to him speak.                                                                                                                                                                                       “The day you told me you had feelings for me, that you wanted to be something more. I didn’t know what to say.” “I didn’t want to lose this friendship, I was scared because I don’t ever want to lose you. But I started to come to realize how much I mean to you, and how much you mean to me. You began to become my world. Ever since then, I knew I had to tell you this.” He  stopped and reached for my hands and intertwined his fingers between mine. “I love you so much, and I don’t know what I’d be with out you. You’re my inspiration, you’re who I think of everytime I perform, you’re all I ever do think about. I can’t possibly imagine a day without you in my life. Seeing you today in the halls looking so disappointed and upset made me realize that I don’t ever want to see you like again. So I promise to make you happy.” I was in tears, and a big fat smile began to grow on my lips. “So please, be mine.”  I wrapped my arms around his neck holding him closer to me and looked through his big brown eyes, “of course.” He began to smile to, which I swear grew bigger than mine and brought my face to his. He kissed me, lips between mine, sharing eachothers breath.

I broke away, “Happy Valentines day!”