Untitled. (A Late SUYIN Vday Fic)

Our Never Ending Love Story

 

 

 

She's been planning this for a while. She studied long and hard how to perfect her recipes; she even researched on his favorite - it's always nice to know someone from the inside (of his life, that is).

She's so excited, she has to drop everything to calm her heart down a bit. It's on hyper drive - going thump thump, thump thump so fast. She soothes her chest as she bites down on her lower lip. Her wandering eyes land on the chocolates she has resting on the counter. She can't help but giggle. 

She imagines how the boy will react to this gift. She knows he receives a number of presents every year. She has even witnessed it last year. She watched the blush creeping up his face from his neck when he realized that he has a mountain of presents on his desk. But she's never heard of him returning any during White Day.

She prays he would this year. Oh how great would it be! The shy boy liking the new girl, it will surely be the talk of town!

What Liyin wants, however, is for Junsu to smile at her whenever they pass each other in the halls. She wants to see his face light up like it does when he's playing soccer. She wants to be the reason for his sun-bright smiles - because really, those were what made Liyin fall for him in the first place.

They aren't associates. That's Liyin's main problem. They are from different classes, and Junsu is not really the type who goes around befriending anyone. Liyin's new found friends tell her that they'd introduce her to him, but she doesn't think it's proper - what if he thinks she's too direct? What's to become of her then?

So Liyin shakes her head gently. She smiles at those friends – heartwarming and grateful. But really, she's trying to figure out how to be friends with the guy.

Liyin knows Junsu's soccer friends. All of them adore her. They treat her like a princess; it's unnecessary, but she's thankful. His friends always ask her out for friendly dates, sometimes to not-so-friendly dates, but Liyin is sensible. Her eyes are set on the one her heart beats (dramatically) for.

But he doesn't even bat his lashes at her. When they bump into each other in the locker hall, Junsu usually just bows repeatedly at her, murmuring apologies over and over. He helps her with her stuff most of the time but that was it. He wouldn't even give her a chance to introduce herself. These facts make Liyin's poor heart sink to the pit of her stomach.

Junsu's quite popular though, despite him being introverted and quiet. The girls adore him, and the guys can't find faults about him. He's just quiet. And everyone is perfectly fine with that.

When Valentine's Day came, Liyin was presented of just how adoring the apple of her eye is. She was dragged - by a very amused Yoochun oppa – t wards Junsu's class. Liyin didn't prepare a gift that time. She was still quite aloof. But seeing Junsu's reaction to the gift laid out before him, her heart almost stopped beating.

Armed with the box of chocolates she slaved over, Liyin strides toward Junsu in the locker hall. Her heart is back to that furious thump thump, thump thump, but she is determined to do this. And she doesn't want to do it anonymously.

She could feel all eyes on her; the stares making the hair on the back of her neck stand on their ends. Her eyes are dead on her target though - the fumbling boy who is busy putting books in his locker. He seems to also feel being observed: Liyin notices that the tips of his ears are flushed pink already.

"Excuse me," she starts when she's a couple of feet away from him. The stares never linger away, but she's starting to forget about everyone else in the hall. "Junsu-sshi, I'm Jang Riin."

"I know who you are." He answers, short and concise.

It awakens the butterflies in the pit of Liyin's stomach. He knows her! 

"Uh..." She trails off, almost forgetting the words she's practiced for weeks (which she recited while making the chocolates). "I made these for you." She offers the box to him, head almost bowing in anxiety. The weight of the gift leaves her hands after a moment, but she doesn't look up.

"Thank you, Riin-sshi." Junsu says quietly. "Actually... I know that it isn't White Day yet, but I didn't think – here."

Liyin's head snaps up. She finds a single, long-stemmed rose to her face, the red of it only rivaled by the tint of Junsu's plump cheeks.

"For me?" She asks him, praying to the gods that it is for certain. She almost pinches her hand.

"Yeah. I- can- would you be my girlfriend, Riin-sshi?"