A Confession

Unexpected Love

This chapter is dedicated to ShuichiGhei (because without her, this chapter wouldn't exist..) and every single one of my readers.

 


 

He seduced me every time I saw him. He may not have seen me, but he seduced me anyway. Just by walking casually with his friends to a cafeteria table; that’s how he seduced me.

His every move, his every hair strand, his voice I only heard glimpses of, his clear laugh, his lips, his eyes, his everything; it all seduced me. He seduced my mind. He seduced it out in fields it’d never been before. The first time I woke up, after he’d seduced my mind to unknown fields, I’d wet my bed, and not in the peeing kind of way. I’d been so embarrassed that morning, I could always usually control such things, but not when it included Kim Minseok-sunbaenim. I didn’t even dare look at him for an entire week afterwards, because I was afraid that if I got eye contact with him, he would know what I’d done. He would look into my eyes and read me like an open book; opened on the right page, where the text he should read was highlighted with bold letters, a big font and a red colour, just to make it even more noticeable. I felt so embarrassed and I felt afraid of falling asleep at night, because I didn’t want to have the same dream to occur again.

I overcame it though and began to admire Minseok-sunbaenim from a distance again like I usually did.

 

The first time I noticed Minseok-sunbaenim was on the second day after the school year had started. I was having class inside the gloomy school and Minseok-sunbaenim had P.E. outside. When my eyes first landed on him they wouldn’t move away again. They followed him through the entire lesson. I knew it probably wasn’t the best thing to be slacking already on the second day of my first year in high school, but Minseok-sunbaenim was something special. Maybe even precious. Out from appearance he may have seemed kind of weak and clumsy, but he had really swift moves and was good at almost everything, compared to the others. He smiled and he looked like he enjoyed himself with his friends in the chilly air. I would also have loved to be out there instead of inside the gloomy jail of a classroom.

Since that day I admired him every time his class had P.E. It was also noticeable if you looked at my English grades, because every time Minseok-sunbaenim had P.E. I had English, so I learned absolutely nothing.

There went about a month before I began noticing him in the cafeteria too. His laughter was much clearer than all the others’ combined to one. It was so natural and his teeth and gums made their appearance every time he opened his mouth to let a sweet laugh roll over his lips. But when he talked casually with his friends, I couldn’t hear his voice because of all the other students’ buzzing.

One day I got eyes contact with Minseok-sunbaenim in the cafeteria while I was about to put some rice into my mouth. The fun thing is that I can remember the entire scene clearly. I’d looked at him the entire time while eating my lunch with my annoying friend sitting beside me who rambled about some silly girl he’d met a few days ago. He kept describing her non-existing curves and s. Suddenly his rambling zoned out and I noticed a pair of extremely beautiful, brown orbs looking directly into mine. My mouth fell wide open when I noticed whom those beautiful orbs belonged to. He had a soft look in his eyes and he nodded slightly in my direction and I quickly returned the nod, my mouth still hanging open. His features were so soft, except for his nose. He looked handsome, cute, beautiful… gorgeous. He was every positive adjective you could ever stumble upon.

I suddenly began feeling very hot when he broke the eye contact and he returned his attention back to his friends. My annoying friend’s voice reached my ears again and I just wanted to punch him somewhere – mostly in his balls – because he bragged about how many times they’d done it and how good of a drive he had.

 

A few more months went by with me observing him while he practiced variable sports in P.E. and ate lunch in the cafeteria. I also once noticed him at the library and I’d never expected him to be there, especially not in the area I was in. I stood at the biology section because I had to raise my grades. He’d stood there, looking interested in a book, a biology book. My heart made a weird motion and my chest hurt unconditionally for a second or two. His posture was perfect with a straight back and his neck craned down a little so he could read the book. He first noticed me when I began pulling a book out.

I could feel his gaze upon me, but the feeling quickly disappeared again because he went back to focusing on the book. I couldn’t find the one I needed so I put it back in and moved on to the next one. It got the same treatment.

“Is there anything special you’re looking for?” his angelic voice spoke up suddenly and I got a shock. It was my first time hearing his voice this clearly. My stomach got filled with this fluttering feeling, like there were tons and tons of butterflies in there. At some point there wasn’t enough space for them to only stay in my stomach, so they spread to my chest and further out in my body. At last the fluttering and tickling feeling filled my entire body.

I was afraid my voice would fail me if I spoke to him now, but it would be impolite to stay silent when he offered me his help. “An anatomy book.” My voice sounded more confident than I’d thought it would, so I was more relaxed now than before, but the tickling feeling still didn’t leave me.

“Oh,” he flashed an eye smile at me and closed the book he was reading, “then this one will be perfect.”

He handed it to me and I accepted it with both hands. I bowed to him and thanked him. I was sure that I could feel a flush painting my cheeks in a faded pink.

“Don’t thank me,” he tried to brush it off and smiled at me when I straightened my back again. “I was going to leave anyway.”

And then he left, without any other word being said. His voice had occupied my mind and the fluttering feeling in my chest didn’t even lessen as the day continued. I read the anatomy book in one day, but only because Minseok-sunbaenim had read it and had looked interested while doing so. If he hadn’t looked in it, I probably wouldn’t have chosen such a picture-less book. It mostly only had words and very few pictures, but just thinking that Minseok-sunbaenim’s eyes had grazed the words my eyes did, made them worth reading.

 

After eight months and twenty-one days I finally gathered all my courage and slipped a note into his locker. I asked him to meet me after school on the rooftop and of course I didn’t write my name on the note. If he saw a boy name written on it he would probably just throw it away without even considering meeting me. He did indeed look happy when he saw the note in his locker, but that smile would probably disappear as soon as he saw me standing and waiting for him.

And I guessed correctly. When the squeaking door opened after the last bell had rung, the smile that had been plastered to his lips, slowly faded away as his eyes grazed my body. He closed the door though and went up to me. He held up the note I’d written beside his face and pointed at it.

“Is this yours?”

I nodded, that was the only thing I could when he was standing so close. I could see every little imperfection in his face. The imperfections made him perfect though.

“What do you want to tell me?” he asked nicely, but maybe a little rushed.

I didn’t say anything and kept staring at him. I tried to read him; read if he could ever like me back and if he would even listen to the silly words I was going to say.

He quickly lost his patience and turned around to leave, but just as he took his second step, I spoke up and made him stop.

“I like you,” I said as sincerely as I could. I really did like him a lot, but people tended not to believe me when I told them the truth.

He didn’t turn to me again. His back got tense and I saw his fists clench, probably in frustration over how silly a boy could be. He soon released the pressure in his fist and slowly turned to face me.

“I’m sorry, but—“ he said sorrowful and had his beautiful brown orbs focused on the ground.

I cut him off before he could continue his sentence. “I knew it… You’re straight.”

Minseok-sunbaenim’s eyes quickly found mine and looked intensely at me. “No, that’s not the problem. The problem is…” he trailed off and quickly moved his gaze to his feet instead.

I didn’t feel like pushing him to say what he’d begun, so I just kept waiting, waiting for him to pick himself together and cope the newly found out information.

“It’s just…” he rephrased. “I don’t have time for a boyfriend. School’s really busy and I need to get good grades if I want to enter the university I want to go to.”

I nodded understanding. He was right. He had to focus on grades and studying, I had to too, but I never did.

“Besides,” he continued. “You’re a freshman and I’m a senior. People would look sceptical at us, not only because of that, but also because we would be a gay couple. I’m sorry… and you’re not really my type either. I’m sorry.”

Minseok-sunbaenim bowed deeply to me to show his sincerity. I laughed nervously while looking at his lovely, natural, brown hair that covered his eyes so I couldn’t see his face.

“Don’t worry about it. It was me who suddenly confessed and I’d already kind of expected it…” I admitted. I was slightly disappointed, but I should have seen it coming. Of course he wouldn’t have accepted my confession. Who would? “But can I ask you a question?”

Minseok-sunbaenim straightened his back and looked directly into my eyes and nodded with a slight blush tinting his cheeks.

“Why am I not your type?”

His eyes quickly focused elsewhere when I questioned him. His hands went into his pockets and I could clearly see how they were fidgeting around, trying to get the nervousness to disappear.

“It’s just… I just don’t like your type, Oh Sehun,” Minseok-sunbaenim struggled. “I don’t like you popular types. You’re so full of yourself and think you can get anything you want; you just have to point at it. It’s really disgraceful for me to look at. Sorry…”

“Don’t be sorry,” I assured him and smiled kindly at him. “I’ll try to change and then approach you. Then I hope I’ll meet your standards.”

And with that Minseok-sunbaenim bowed slightly to me and went downstairs again.

I looked out on the town, admiring how the world seemed to go on even though my heart had stopped beating. Before I even knew it, tears were streaming down my cheeks, but it didn’t feel like I was crying. I felt empty on the inside; no fluttering feeling, no tickling feeling, no warmth, no need, no heart. I had nothing left. I could’ve just jumped out from the rooftop and then the empty feeling would go away, but I wasn’t that weak. I had to keep on fighting so that one day the ‘no’ would turn into a ‘yes’.

 

 


A/N: And this is the last chapter T^T I can't believe so many people have subscribed and commented ;A; This is some weird story, that suddenly came into my mind when I was going to Spain a few weeks ago...

This is sad, so therefore I'm going to put up another poll....... and thanks to someone *coughxiaodeercough* I also have an idea.... So please answer ^^ (I'll check this as complete, but if the majority answers 'yes', then I'll add a chapter as soon as I'm finished ^^;;)