LOVE, Actually...

LOVE, Actually...

A series of knocks landed on my door. I smiled as I easily recognized the pattern. I knew it was Tao. I stood up from the bed to open the door.

“Lay-gege! Happy birthday!!!”

He bounced up and down as he hugged me. The feeling of his body against mine…it sends tingles throughout my whole being, a feeling I have come to love. It made my day, and I had a hunch that today will be really interesting.

“Gege! Come to my room! I have something to show you!”

He broke free from our [passionate] hug and dragged me across the hallway and into his room. He opened the door and, standing there in the middle of his carpeted bedroom  floor, was the cutest unicorn plushie I have ever seen!

“It’s the biggest one I can find. I hope you like it, ge.”

“Tao! I love it! Thank you so much!”

I hugged him once more, overwhelmed by the fact that he actually remembered my birthday, that he actually cared.

As I stepped back, that’s when I recognized that he was all dressed up. His clothes weren’t the normal just-inside-the-dorm ones.

“Are you going somewhere today?”

“Yep! Dduizhang is taking me shopping today! My aegyo worked on him once more! Hehe~”

“Oh, I see. Uhm…have fun then. And thanks for the present once again.”

I carried the unicorn back to my room, dragging my feet along the way.

Dduizhang…Wufan…Kris…

So, TaoRis is real, huh? And I thought I had a chance with Tao! I must’ve been crazy to arrive at that point!

I heard Kris shouting from the living room.

“Tao! Hurry up! We don’t have all day! There’s still a lot to fuss about!”

“Calm down, Kris-gege! You’ll have tons of time before tonight! It’s not like he’ll walk on you while you’re preparing-…”

“Shut your big, wide mouth, you Wushu Panda!!!”

Silence…So, they’re planning on something…Not that I care or anything but…It’s my birthday today, right? Shouldn’t today be all about me?

If I could be a given a wish today, even just one wish…I’d wish for Tao to reciprocate my feelings for him. I could die happily then.

But no…he has Kris-gege…he would rather spend time with that dragon than celebrate my birthday with me. I’m nothing but an extra character in their cheesy love story. *sigh* I can only own him ‘till the limit of my dreams. I guess sleeping is the best remedy to my depression then…Actually, sleeping is my only remedy…

~

I finally woke up at about six in the evening. Wait…six? So…I slept for 9 hours?! Wow! Well, at least I got to catch up on some rest!

I washed my face in the bathroom before heading out of my room. The whole dorm was dead silent!

Where is everybody?!

Oh, yeah…Xiumin, as always, might be with Chen and Luhan probably hooked up with Sehun. And, of course, Tao is with Kris. *sigh* Everybody’s love lives are rising through the roof while I crumble into darkness! Poor me!

I headed to the kitchen to look for something to clench my thirst and satisfy my hunger. Before I got to open the fridge, though, a note shaped like a unicorn head caught my attention.

Rainbows always come after the rain, just like happiness comes after agony. Follow the rainbow and find your pot of gold! :)

Ridiculous! The only thing that it left out was finding a leprechaun guarding the pot of gold! Pfft…

I then distinguished the rainbow-colored ribbon taped under the fridge. I decided to follow the trail, thinking crazy thoughts, like discovering a REAL pot of gold at the end of the ribbon, or Tao waiting for me with open arms. Come on! Dreaming is tax-free!

The ribbon led to the garden, which was fully-lighted. I kept looking down, not taking my eyes off the ribbon trail. When I finally reached the end of the trail, I looked up to see the most amazing sight ever.

The mini pavilion was fully-decorated with my favorite flower, yellow bells, and in the middle was a table for two that was filled with glorious food.

 

“Happy birthday to you,

Happy birthday to you,

Happy birthday, happy birthday…

Happy birthday Yixing!!!”

 

I turned around to see all EXO members: Xiumin, Chen, Luhan, Sehun, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, Kai, Suho, and Tao. They were all smiling like crazy, especially Tao.

But someone was missing…

Wufan…where is he?

“Yixing…”

I looked back to see Kris standing behind the table, as red as a flaming dragon.

“Happy birthday, Lay.”

Without any reason why, I felt myself blush and butterflies started fluttering around in my stomach. What’s happening to me? Do I actually feel this way towards dduizhang?

“Uhm…I prepared this little something for you…just to let you know that…I…”

Is he going to say what I think he’ll say? That he likes me?

“I like you, Yixing…I’ve always had…”

I was expecting this…wait, what?...I was?...Well, maybe but…

“What happened to TaoRis?”

I heard myself say the question out loud, which sent everybody laughing so hard!

“Lay-ge! There is no TaoRis! But there certainly is a Kray pairing!”

They all whooped and cheered as I turned to Wufan with wide eyes. That’s when the stars started sparkling even brighter. I’ve set my eyes on Kris a million times bu he’s ever seemed so magical until now. Oh, God! Am I in love with him?!

“You really do like me?”

He smirked. Oh, yeah…I’m in love.

“I wouldn’t do through all this fuss if I don’t!”

I beamed. It’s him I’m in love with after all. I was jealous not because Tao spent more time with him but because he spent more time with Tao than with me!

“I just want to know if…if you love me back.”

Who would’ve thought I would?

I nodded. He ran to me and hugged me tightly. I never felt this way, not even when I’m with Tao. I’m positive now…I never hated him…I actually loved him!

The note was right after all!

Follow the rainbow and find your pot of gold!

My pot of gold came in the form of dragon!

~

Lay was happy…everyone was…

I wish TaoRis was real…I wish Kray would never exist…

Why does it have to be Kris?

Because he’s a dduizhang? But I’m a leader, too!

Why can’t it be me instead of him?

Lay, if only I could right now, I would kneel in front of you and pour out everything I’ve been hiding…

But I can’t…

Because you belong to him now…

I would be crazy to say I still have a chance…

I just want you to be happy…

Even if it means I have to let go of you, I will…

Because…

I love you

 

 

Even though it took me only a couple of minutes to write this, I am still proud of it!!!

I hope all the viewers would like it, too!!!

Don't forget to comment! :)

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Kuaile qingren jie!!!

<3