I Need You

I Need You

 

“She’s driving me crazy.” He laughed bitterly.

She looked over at her friend, “You’re the only one to blame.”

“What do you mean? Why is it my fault she’s driving me crazy?” She laughed as she messed up his hair. “It’s your fault because you let her get away with it.”

“I just don’t want to fight anymore. I hardly get to see her as it is and when I see her I don’t want us to spend our short time together fighting.”

“Well then, don’t complain. Love has a dark side. You’re going to have to learn to accept it.” He gazed at the girl, curiosity playing in his head.

“How did you become so eloquent in love? I mean…you’re always giving all of us advice in our relationships, but I’ve never seen you in love.” She looked at her shoes and sighed, “I guess most of my experience comes from observing. I haven’t been lucky enough to experience heartbreak.”

The Beast leader scoffed, “Lucky? How can heartbreak be considered lucky?”

“Love without pain isn’t romance.” She shrugged. “When I fall in love I’ll accept the pain that comes with it.”

His nose scrunched up slightly, “You’re not normal.”

RING, RING, RING

They turned to the source of the sudden intrusion. DooJoon sheepishly smiled and reached for his phone.

“Hey. I thought we were going to see each other tonight?” he turned to his friend, sadness apparent on his face.

“You always do this. I want to see you. What do you mean why? You’re my girlfriend, what kind of question is that?” She picked herself up awkwardly. This was a conversation that should be held privately.

She tried getting his attention to let him know she was leaving, but to no avail. As she walked away she felt herself being pulled back. “Where are you going? I need you.” He whispered.

She instinctively hugged him tightly. He leaned his head on her shoulder. “What would I do without you?” he scoffed.

“You’d probably give up.” She replied bluntly as she let go of him and smacked him playfully on the head.

“I have to head back to the kitchen; Chef will wonder why I’m taking so long!” He watched her run out of the room smiling.

What would he do without her indeed?


DooJoon held the bouquet of fresh flowers in his hand. He nervously rang the doorbell, hoping she would be home. His ears perked up upon hearing the speaking monitor. “Yes?”

“Hey sweetie.” He smiled. There was a long silence before an answer could be heard. “…what do you want?” His smiled faded into an annoyed frown.

“Seriously?”

“Yeah…I’m busy. Can you just go away?” He pressed his tongue against his cheek. “Yeah.” Throwing the bouquet away he shoved his cold hands in his jacket pockets.

“Good riddance.”


Me: I need you.

                                                Sent at 12 AM 2/14

Me: I’ve decided to leave her. I’m so sick of her damn indifference.

                                                Sent at 12:29 AM 2/14

Me: Why aren’t you answering? I’m desperate!

                                                Sent at 12:40 AM 2/14

Me: Are you ignoring me? HEY!

                                                Sent at 1 AM 2/14

Me: ….

                                                Sent at 1:19 AM 2/14

Me: ….

                                                Sent at 1:30 2/14

Me: WHAT THE HELL! LJNBDLALJANBLJNFDBLJNGLBNEAP5ad4gn

                                                Sent at 1:32 AM 2/14

Me: 6514681651684658d4fb65dgbhaejgnjklbngdnb4gagdnbdag5n4

                                                Sent at 1:34 AM 2/14

Me: I hate you.

                                                Sent at 1:59 AM 2/14

Me: Not really...but you really need to answer me. It’s 2 AM…what could you possibly be doing?

                                                Sent at 2 AM 2/14

Me: …besides sleeping like a normal person….

                                                Sent at 2:01 AM 2/14

Me: You don’t count as a normal person though…we had this conversation a while ago. You’re not normal…so you should be awake.

                                                Sent at 2:03 AM 2/14

“What are you doing? If you keep texting like that you’re going to punch a hole in your poor phone.” DooJoon looked up at Yoseob who was currently rubbing his sleepy eyes.

“Huh?”

“It’s 2 in the morning and you’re texting like a maniac.”

He glared at his small friend. “She isn’t answering any of my texts! She always answers my texts…” The main singer of Beast looked at his Hyung; confusion plastered on his face.

“Who are you talking about? Your girlfriend?”

“What?! No!” Yoseob sighed, softly face palming himself.

“Sometimes I wonder if your idiocy is an act…”

DooJoon’s head snapped in Yoseob’s direction, “What did you say?”

“She loves you and you’re still blind. She’s crazy about you!”

“Wait…who is?”

Yoseob turned away and headed back to his bedroom, “Idiot.”

It couldn’t possibly be who he was thinking of, could it?

His eyes grew wide. He really was an idiot.


He stood in place by the door frame when he saw her. He softly chuckled, watching her movements in amusement.

She swayed her hips side to side as her humming filled the empty kitchen. She continued her movements as she washed the dishes; unaware she had an audience.

He watched her intently. There was something about her that was alluring today. Why hadn’t he ever noticed how soft her hair looked? Or how pretty she looked when she wore jeans and a t-shirt? Or even the fact that she was always there when he needed her?

He flinched when he heard her phone ring.

“Hello? Oh yes, this is she.” She took off the gloves she wore and leaned her stomach into the counter.

“I…I don’t know what to say. I’m so grateful to be given an opportunity. I can be packed and ready to leave as soon as you need me.”

DooJoon’s heart clenched. Had he heard wrong? Was she planning on leaving? What she planning on leaving him?

“Yes. Thank you. Goodbye.” He waited a moment before clearing his throat.

She turned around, panic apparent on her face. “How…how long have you been standing there?”

“Oh I just walked in” he lied.

“Oh! Well what’s going on?” Was she really going to keep it from him? “Where are you going?” He couldn’t act like he didn’t hear it. There was a sudden desperation pounding in his heart.

“…I…” she turned her attention to the floor. She wasn’t sure how well of a façade she could pull off.

“I’m going to France.” She confessed.

“Wow…that’s great news!” He could hear the sound of his heart shattering. His ears grew hot and his throat suddenly felt dry. What was happening to him?

“Yeah! It’s a great opportunity.”

“Are you going to miss anyone in particular?” he hinted.

She smiled, “Of course I will. I’ll miss all of you crazy fools.” His eyes softened as he walked towards her slowly.

“Anyone specifically? I mean…won’t you miss someone more than all the others?” She felt her heart pumping faster. When did the room begin to spin?

“I…” He reached for her hand. “…someone who you might have some sort of feelings for?”

Her eyes widened. How had he known? She breathed in deeply before answering, “It doesn’t matter. Whoever I miss won’t even know I’m gone.” She light heartedly laughed.

“Don’t say-“

“Listen…I have to go run some errands…I’ll text you later.” She walked out of the kitchen with haste, leaving DooJoon alone and dumbfounded.


The idol glared at her apartment door. He knocked the piece of wood roughly. As soon as she opened the door he pushed himself in as soon as she opened the door.

“Uh…by all means come on in…” she sarcastically stated.

DooJoon glared at her luggage on the floor. “How can you just leave like this when you know you should be with me?”

“Don’t make this harder than it already is.”

“No!” He reached for her, pulling her close to him. “I want to feel you next to me. I want to love you.” She pushed herself off of him.

“Why won’t you talk to me?” She opened her eyes wide to keep the tears at bay.

“Why now, DooJoon? Why after all the advice, all the heartbreak you went through? It took you to see me leave to realize that you actually had feelings for me?”

“I don’t know why I hadn’t seen it until now. I was so hung up on that sad excuse of a woman to realize that the person I needed all along was the one person who was always beside me, you. I can’t sleep. I run into everything because you’re always wrapped up in my mind. I’m not hungry because I’m not eating those lunches you make. ”

“I’m drained. I can’t give you anything if I’ve given you everything.” She breathed.

He looked at her sadly, “I don’t want you to give me anything. All I want is for you to stay here so that I can at least have a chance at your heart.”

She closed her eyes for a moment letting the words sink in. He slowly slid his arm around her waist and brought their bodies closer together.

“Stop faltering. You know we’re going to end up together eventually.”  He laughed as the girl looked up at him glaring. “What makes you so sure?”

“I need you.”