Travelling Rose

Travelling Rose

Heart beats fast, when you’re in love.
Heart beats fast, when you are nervous.

Kim Myungsoo’s heart has never beaten so fast because of these two reasons.

L leaned against a red wall in his red checkered top that went well with his black skinny jeans and crimson winged shoes. He had a single rose in his hand and he gave soft gazes at people who walked passed. Myungsoo wasn’t dating anyone nor was he interested in anyone, but why was he holding this rose on a day of love? Because he wanted to make people like him feel like they were loved.

Standing up from his layback position he walked towards a complete stranger an elder woman in her thirties. In her hand she held her daughters hand and on her back was a large back-pack. “Hi” he started. The woman looked up and gave a polite nod. “This rose, could you please take it?” he asked as he held it out. Her eyes lingered on the flower and she smiled taking it in hand. “Thank-you” she replied opening the note on the rose.
 

Hello my name is Kim Myungsoo

You have two options with this rose and those are:
1) To give it to a stranger who you believe it will give happiness to.
2) Keep it for yourself.

Lots of love.

Myungsoo

The lady looked up and watched as Myungsoo’s back slowly faded in the crowded streets. She stared at the rose and then at the large crowd and smiled. Tugging on her daughter’s hand she walked away, feeling a little bit more loved.

 

 

Myungsoo sat on the train, the day felt long to him and it was. He was in the city for approximately eight hours just doing nothing, as he looked around his eyes lingered on a familiar rose. But he shook his head at the thought. Looking away he started to doze off until he felt a tap on his shoulder, a girl in her twenties held out the rose and got off. His eyebrows furrowed and he opened the note.

‘Hello my name is Kim Myungsoo’

Myungsoo felt his heart pick up pace.

‘You have two options with this rose and those are:
1) To give it to a stranger who you believe it will give happiness to.
2) Keep it for yourself.’

His heart continued beating hard and he could feel it thumping against his chest.

Lots of love.

Myungsoo
Yoo Ri
Maria
Sunggyu
Ah Ri
Ho Won
Sungyeol
Hyorin
Hyuna
Woohyun
Bora

Pulling out his pen he smiled and wrote down his name.
Kim Myungsoo.