Final

A Thousand Years

It's been awhile since I entered that college. It's been awhile since I took my last course before I moved miles away. It's been awhile since I saw his face. We were just strangers in the bus, not noticing each other to sitting beside each other. He was a gentleman, letting me in the two-seater at the back of the bus before himself. We would make sure we sat beside each other, we expected each other every day. But we were both cowards. We were both fools. Because we never knew each other formally. We smiled, we sat, we slept, we studied in the bus, throwing each other glances, but never talked, never knew each others' names. But I guess I cheated somehow. I glanced at his term paper, my eyes landing right on his name. I'm sorry that's how I got to know your name, Kris Wu.

 

And now I have come back, after having left for a few years. How I hoped you would still be in the school, how I hoped I would ever see you again or have you remember me was beyond me. I must truly have stupidly fallen in love with you to have hopes and expectations such as these. In the years that I was gone, I always held on to you for no particular reason but the pathetic memories in the bus, at the bus stop as we stood in line. Even I did not know what it was. You were always quiet, and I was always restless, you always studied, or slept and I always listened to my songs. I always looked at you as you slept, your long lashes, your tall nose, your young puffy cheeks, your small mouth and your jaw, extending just a little too much to your chin, creating the most beautiful creation of features and admired you all I could. Because I never had the courage to actually talk to you.

 

So now I am back, hoping for most potentially something that does not exist anymore. But I don't care. I must at least try. I was meeting every student, walking by them, I was going straight to the side of the building where you always went several years ago. You know what is stupid? You probably aren't here anymore. You probably have finished university and are elsewhere, working, in love, even with a kid. But I don't care. I will find you.

 

And then I met you without realizing, we passed by each other and something caressed my heart, something touched it and told me to look around. I gasped at the feeling and stopped in my tracks, in the middle of the students and, with tears forming in my eyes I looked back.....and through the sea of students....I find you, twenty feet away from me, looking right at me. My hand goes to my mouth in another gasp and I decide not to let anything pass. Pushing through the students, I reach you and take your elbow in my hand. I push the tears away and give you a cheery smile as you looked at me, which I realize much later is a look of yearning.

 

"Kris Wu? You're Kris Wu, right?" I said, and I looked up at you, willing you to speak. But you didn't talk, instead, you pulled me into your chest, your arms wrapped around me and you buried your face in my hair. I couldn't stop the tears then. I was glad to realize that you wanted me as much as I wanted you and that was how we came to be. You and I, together, in this apartment.

 

To be with you was all of my dreams coming true all at once. I get to see your beautiful face every day, I get to hold your hand every day, actually talk to you, even when you don't talk all too much. My favorite part is probably knowing that you love me. Before you sleep, you always remind me of how much you love me, of how much you want to spend the rest of eternity with me. You share your hopes and dreams and I share mine. Even though they're both in extremely different spectrums, we talked and worked out how we could still be together and yet do what we love.

 

Our small apartment is our little bubble. It is where only you and I exist, where nothing matters but you and I. 

 

In our small apartment, I love when you hold me in your arms as we watch a movie, or kiss my cheek when you get bored of it. I love it when we clean and you offer to do more than I ask for and incorporate play in it, like carrying me in the basket as you do laundry or give me a piggy back as you vacuum. When we cook, you would taste everything I cook first, or you would have me taste everything you cook first and kiss me. You always kiss me.

 

You kiss me when you get home, or if I get home later. You kiss me before we eat or when you really, absolutely love what I cooked. You kiss me on the couch in the middle of a horror movie, or action, or romance, of course. You kiss me before you take a shower, you kiss me AFTER you take a shower. You kiss me before we sleep, and most of all, the one kiss you never forget to give is a kiss when we wake up.

 

When we do get out(which we seldom do), you always hold my hand, no matter what the season. My hand is always protected in yours, like my heart was in it and if you let go you'll lose it. You always know what I like and buy me things and give them to me when I least expect it.

 

My favorite part about you is that even if you don't talk a lot, you do a lot to show me you love me. As much as you would show me you loved me all day, another thing you do religiously like the kiss in the morning, is telling me you love me every night before we sleep.

 

I love you so, so much Kris Wu. I feel like I've loved you for a thousand years, but I don't care, because I'll love you for a thousand more.......

 

 

 

 

***

A/N: GAH. I hope it made sense somehow :( just a little drabble for Valentine's!!!

You guys tell me which part(s) you think is real! kekekeke

And uhm.................Note: The reason why I noticed him in the first place is because he does, he really does look like Kris, a younger version that is, a younger version with cheeks I can pinch! ^^