Chapter 1

Smile for me

Author's note :

Mi Rae could be sarcastic and always jokes around. But she never smile or laugh. Especially in front of her school members, but sometimes, she would, only around the people she cares for. But that's soon to come.

 



 

Thank goodness, it’s Friday. I mumbled walking home from school. I saw a familiar car outside my house. Hmm ... he’s back?

 

‘’Mom! I’m home.’’ I shouted and went up my room.

‘’Get changed and come down. ‘’ she shouts a reply.

 

I threw my schoolbag on my bed and took a refreshing shower , got dressed and went down.

 

‘’Okay. What?’’ I said with a poker face.

‘’I have good and bad news,’’ she said. ‘’What would you like to listen to first.’’

 

I shot her a ‘are-you-kidding-me’ look. She knows what I mean, I always give her ‘the look’ whenever she asks a dumb question.

 

‘’Your dad and I are going to be on a business trip, we won’t be back for a long time. '' You call this bad news? It’s good news!

‘’And, your cousin is back. I called him to pick you up to his place.’’

‘’You mean cousin Aron? He’s back from America?’’ Hm...Isn’t this a good news too?

‘’Yep! Hi couz! How are you?’’ He gave me a hug.

‘’I’m fine. How is America? ‘’

‘’I don’t know. Do you know America?’’ Typical cousin. Making awful gags, every time.

 

‘’Well...dad and I have to go now, have fun with cousin Aron! ‘’ mom said and she gave me a hug.

‘’Bye mom, help me say bye to dad too.’’ I said as mom left to the air port with her bags.

 

 

‘’C’mon go pack your bags. It’s going to be a 3 months stay.’’ Three months with cousin Aron. Oh joy. It’s not that I dislike cousin Aron or something, he is funny. He tries his best to make me smile, but he just can’t. Nobody can’t. I hate that he wastes so much of his time just to make me smile.

 

I packed all my homework, school uniforms, clothes , three pairs of shoes and all the others stuffs that I would need.

‘’You ready? ‘’ He said as we loaded the items into the car. ‘’Yeah, ‘’ I nodded. It wasn’t a long drive. And...I hate to start a long conversation. Knowing cousin Aron, he would talk and talk and talk my ears off.

 

‘’Here we are!’’ He said as he parked his car right in front of a big brown house. Pretty big for just one person to stay in.

 

‘’Go on in. I’ll take the bags.’’ He said.

‘’YAH! HYUNG! WHERE ARE YOU? WHAT TIME IS IT N-‘’ someone shouted as soon as I opened the front door. Okay, cousin Aron will be doing a lot of explaining. There is 3 guys and a girl in the house. Please don’t tell me.... what the hell were they doing to that poor girl?

 

‘’Oh umm...MinHyun, meet my cousin Mi Rae, Mi Rae, meet my room mate , MinHyun.’’ By this time, Aron had finally moved my things into his house and all of his ‘roommates’ including that girl was crowding around us.

 

‘’Can you guys please let her sit before you start asking questions?’’ Aron said and they all made way. We all sat on the couch.

 

‘’Aron hyung,’’ the girl said. Wait, ‘hyung’? That girl is a boy? Wow.. damn. Finding out new things everyday. ‘’Is she the one you said who is staying with us?’’

‘’Yeah. Guys meet Mi Rae, Mi Rae, meet JR, MinHyun, Ren and BaekHo.

JR – guy with red hair

MinHyun – the tall naggy guy that shouted when I came in

Ren – the ‘girl’ guy

BaekHo – the one with spiked white hair.

Hmm...weird names.

 

‘’Mi Rae-ah. I’m sorry for not telling you this. These guys are staying with us. So... be friends with them ,okay?’’ he asked.

‘’Fine...’’ I nodded.

‘’BaekHo, can you move in to MinHyun and my room? JR and Ren will be in the same room. Is that okay, guys? ‘’ The guys all nodded. Aron and the guys lead me to BaekHo’s room that will be my room soon.

‘’Okay, here it is. ‘’ Aron said. ‘’Uhh...dude, this isn’t really a good idea..’’ BaekHo started while Ren, MinHyun and JR bursted out laughing.

Aron gave him a confused look. I decided to open the door anyways.

‘’HOLY F**KING ! ‘’ I cuss . The room was messy. Clothes and shoes were found every where. Magazines, comics and ‘you-would-not want-to –know-what-else-stuff’ was scattered around the whole room.

‘’Told you.’’ BaekHo said shyly while Aron face-palmed.

‘’Kang BaekHo, clean it up. No dinner for you until you do. Make sure it reaches my expectations. For now, Mi Rae, you can sleep in my room. ‘’Aron’s voice was firm .

‘’B-but..’’

‘’No buts, now do it. Call me when you’re done. ‘’ And with that, every one left the room except for BaekHo.

 

‘’Now...what do you want to eat? Pasta? Pizza? Pie? ‘’ Aron chirped once we had reached the living room.

Yep. My weird , mood changing cousin.

The guys and I decided to order BaekHo’s favourite Chinese food just to tempt him.

‘’ Aron hyung, I’m done.’’ BaekHo said as he came down the stairs. ‘’Is that Chinese food?’’ he asked. His mouth start watering. JR smirked.

‘’Yeah, want some?’’  BaekHo nod. ‘’Make sure it reaches Aron hyung’s expectations first.’’ JR joked.

‘’KANG BAEK HO! YOU CALL THIS CLEAN? I SAID SPOTLESS! S.P.O.T.L.E.S.S ! DO YOU HEAR ME? ‘’ Aron shouted from upstairs. I kind of pity BaekHo though. But it was fun.

I have a feeling that this would be a good weekend. Until Monday comes.