Final

Get Well Soon, Himchan

 

Yongguk closed his eyes placing a shaky hand over his chest. Today’s the day. I’m finally going to do it.  He mentally encouraged himself before releasing out a nervous sigh, feeling that his heartbeat had elevated to a fever pitch, again. Damn you, Himchan. That specific member always had that effect on him. Just his face, his smile, his touch was enough to make his knees weak. When their fingers intertwine, he almost forgets how to breathe. When their lips touch.. Yongguk swears he’s on the verge of dying. Every moment and every thought of him breaks the rapper’s tough maintained image, turning him into a desperate fool for Himchan.

Bronze hues stared at the small box that was held in his hand. Yongguk’s lips curled at the thought of the diamond that was encased inside, embracing Himchan’s beautiful finger. He then looked up to face the mirror. He’s practiced this countless of times already, repeating the very words and actions that were the start to making the other his, and only his for the rest of his life. Himchan already made his knees tremble so lowering down to one was easy enough. But the leader tried many times before, bringing his best friend from special restaurants to special places, yet the attempts had always resulted in stutters and fidgets, losing the ability to recollect all the practice he’s done and then having to play it off to ‘tie his shoe’ or claiming to had ‘dropped’ something. I’m not backing down this time. Though it was very little, he discovered his valor and finally left the room to find Himchan.

Yongguk stood on the foot of the doorway with eyes opened wide, mouth gaping, dropping the small box. The members were all gathered around Himchan, who was miffed in pain. The male was gritting his teeth as one hand gripped the other. “Bang, you’re here” he heard Daehyun say, snapping him out of his trance. All the members’ eyes were fixated on him except Himchan, who quirked an eyebrow in inquiry at the suspicious box on the floor.

“What’s tha-?” his best friend began to speak, only to be interrupted by the leader quickly grabbing the little container and hiding it behind his back.

“Himchan!” he gasped, running to hug the visual. His heart drummed to an incredible speed as he was worried about the injury, and was even more worried because the other had spotted the box. Yongguk’s gaze met Himchan’s set of perfect cocoa orbs. ”What happened?”

“I slipped and fractured my ring and pinky finger.” The leader heard him say as he watched the pair of hues saddened, accompanied by a pout.

Yongguk then carefully grabbed Himchan’s injured hand and bent down to one knee. He lightly kissed his fingers with his head faced down. “Get well soon Channie,” he voiced out, tightly clasping the box that was hidden in the other hand behind his back, as a small tear swept down his face.

Delayed. Again.