pancakes and tantrums

Of Flaws and Imperfection

 

The sound of broken plates startled Baekhyun from his texting session with Yixing. Immediately he rises from his bed and went to the kitchen, only to be amused by the scene happening in front of him. And there he thought someone had broken into his house. It turns out that his two children were having a staring contest with each other.

By children, he means his five year old son and his skyscraper of a husband.

Sehun was giving Chanyeol one of his menacing glares. He chuckled quietly. He studies his son’s facial features. Milky skin, small pinkish lips and sleepy eyes that would turn to crescents once he smiles. Baekhyun smiles to himself. Park Sehun.

The boy pouted, ignoring his dad’s glare, a sign of protest. Baekhyun looked over at Chanyeol, whose face was scrunching and a hand at his hip. Really, the five year old was stubborn.

I swear Baek, he’s like your mini-me, stubborn and whiny. Not to mention, clingy.  As Chanyeol would always stated.

“He liked strawberry pancakes!” his son finally broke the glaring contest.

“He likes chocolate pancakes!” the dad stated, gritting his teeth.

“Who likes chocolate pancakes? They’re yucky. Daddy, you clearly have no sense.”

“Your mummy likes chocolate pancakes. And they’re not yucky. Strawberries are yucky. “

“No they’re not!”

“Yes they are!”

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!”

 

“Ehhemmm.” Baekhyun coughed, announcing his presence.

Upon seeing his mummy standing at the kitchen frame, Sehun turn to Baekhyun and gave the most adorable puppy eyes he could ever think of.

“You like strawberry pancakes, don’t you mummy?”

“I told you, he likes chocolate.” Chanyeol finally setting his eyes on Baekhyun and smiles, “Dn’t you, baby?”

Baekhyun only snorted, an amused grin was marked on his pretty face.

“I’ve been married to him for years Sehun, so, I think I’d know what he likes. And your mummy likes chocolate pancakes. “

“Well yeah, but, I’m his favourite. So, strawberry.”

“What do you mean you’re his favourite? You’re…”

“Chanyeol !” Baekhyun hissed, raising one of his eyebrows. “Really? Arguing with your five-year-old son?”

“But, Baek he’s being really…erghhhhh” Baekhyun sighed.

“STRAWBERRRRYYYYYYYYYYYY!” “CHO.CO.LATE.” “STRAW.BEHH.RRRYYY.”

“But, mummy likes blueberry pancakes.” A voice suddenly halted the Chanyeol and Sehun.

Baekhyun looked down and sees Minseok standing next to him, rubbing his eyes. Probably just woken up by his dad’s and brother’s loud voice. He ruffled the his son’s hair and bent down at his level and kissed his son’s forehead.

“At least someone pays attention to what I like.”

To say that Chanyeol’s jaw dropped was an understatement. And Sehun, well, he pouted seeing his mummy kissed his hyung.

“Why don’t you go and take a shower and we can go get breakfast together, hmm?” Baekhyun asked his son, to which Minseok replied with a small nod a sweet smile.

And you two, clean this mess. I want my kitchen spotless when we get back.”

“But, mummy, I wanna…”

“No.” Baekhyun sternly said. “Clean the mess you and daddy made first.”

Both Chanyeol and Sehun sighed in defeat.

“Let’s go Minseokkie.”

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“Joonmyun, where’s Jongin’s card?”

Kyungsoo called from downstairs, while his husband was in their son’s room trying to wrestle coax Jongin out of the bed.

“I don’t know!” he called back.

“I don’t wanna go to that scarry place.” Jongin growled under his blue bed cover.

Joonmyun sighed, regretting his decision to get Jongin ready for his appointment.

“Dont worry, I got this. “       “You sure? Cause, he can be…”      “You worry too much, I can manage my own son.”

 Oh how Joonmyun regretted.

“It’s not scary Jongin. There’s lots of toys you can play there, and the dentist will give you lollies.” He tried assuring his son.

The little boy peeked from his cover and squinted at his dad.

“But, I don’t like lollies.”

What kid doen’t like lollies?

“Oh GOD! Come out of there this instant Kim Jongin!”

“NO!”

The father and son duo was having a sort of tug-a-war, with Joonmyung trying to yank away the cover from Jongin and the boy tugging it back.

“Gotcha!” Joonmyun finally  succeeded in throwing the blanket away and tried to hoist his son up. Only to have Jongin squirming from him.

“Ready to see the dentist?” Kyungsoo asked from the door where he stood, smiling at his two boys while Jongdae stood behind him.

“I don’t wanna!” Jonging repeated and Joonmyun shoot Kyungsoo a pleading look.

Rolling his eyes, Kyungsoo padded over to Jongin, leaving Jongdae grinning at his dad, to which Joonmyun scowled at.

“And why is that? “ Kyungsoo asked while trying to lift Jongin up.

Jongin pouted at his mom.

“Tell me why you don’t want to see the pretty dentist? Look, your hyung’s already dressed up to see her.”

Jongin peeked through Kyungsoo’s shoulder to see Jongdae all dressed up in his lime green coat, giving Jongin a full grin and mouthing you big baby

Jongin buried his face on Kyungsoo’s neck and muffled a few words.

“Tell you what, if you go and see the dentist. I’ll buy you that new Chelsea jersey you wanted. Okay?”

Joonmyun rolled his eyes on how easily Kyungsoo could give in to Jongin.

“ I want one too!” Jongdae piped.

“And you can. That is, if your brother here agrees to go to the appointment.”

Jongin finally looked up to Kyungsoo. “Can we get ice cream too?” he then asked with a tiny voice.

“Off course, baby.”

Jongin hesitated a little, and finally “Okay I’ll go.”

“Yeayyyy!! New jersey and ice cream!!!!” Jongdae yelled and tugged his appa “Let’s go!!! Jongin agreed already.” Jongin just buried his face to Kyungsoo’s shoulder hiding his smirk.

Hah! I knew omma would give in

“Okay, let’s go then.”

Jongin can’t wait to tell Sehun and Tao about his glorious ways on making his parents buy him the jersey. 

 

 


 

Hi guys!!!! FINALLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY I can update this. SORRRRYYYYYYYYYYYY I meant to update this weeks ago cause there were like 4 to 5 chapters finished already, but a friend of mine borrowed my hard disk, and well, long story short, she made all of my files from the disk gone and there were some viruses. And, me being the noob that I am, well, I didn't save the story in my laptop. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. It ain't funny though. I cried. 

Those long hours of cramming through trying to figure out the plot and such. GONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

And not to mention my exo folders. 

 and so, I apologise. 

I'll try to update more frequently since I'm on my semester break. But I can't promise anything since I didn't exactly remeber what my plot was. And because I have an attention span of a wee fly. 

 

 

so, I apologise. 

I LOVEEEEEEEE YOU GUYS FOR STILL SUBSCRIBING THIS ;A;

LEMME SARANG YOU ALL <3

 

SUBSCRIBE AND DO COMMENTS :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD and you guys can give me ideas on how I should write this ;)