chocolates and a smile

It's because of the chocolates

 

I had no idea what I was doing or how and why I was in front of Kona Beans. But, all I know is that I needed to get a glimpse of you and that would be enough to complete my valentine's day. I had no idea if you would show up here but, I had to take my chances. After all, you would always drop by unannounced. I ordered my usual latte and oatmeal cookies and sat on a chair not to far from the register so, I could see you, if ever you decided to come. I just sat there staring outside waiting and waiting and waiting for you with my home-made chocolates beside me. 
 
And then, finally cheers started and all I could do was stand and anticipate you coming in.. And then,the bells of the door chimed and in you enter wearing your baseball cap and a very thick jacket and a scarf wrapped tightly around your neck. The line started cueing, as soon as you went behind it. And all I could do was sit down and watch you serving them. I had to stifle a laugh when you looked confused at the register and called Sungjin to help you. You looked so adorable and determined to give the customers a good service. Just looking at you from a far made me smile and my valentine's day is complete.
 
I drank my latte just as the cue were slowly coming to a stop. I saw the tired face but, masked it on with a smile for everyone. And then, I don't know, by some weird chance, you looked my way and smiled at me. My world literally stopped at that time and I had to smile back at you, even though inside I wanted to scream and jump around. But, as fast as it happened, you went back to what you were doing. The smile on my face vanished all too quickly. I knew it was all too good to be true but, the hell I care. You smiled at me and that was the greatest Valentine's day gift I had ever received. And with that, I decided to leave before you did. I also left the chocolates on the table with your name on it, hoping against all hopes that you'd get it.. Call it sentimental or whatever, but, I don't really like seeing you leave. I headed out to the door and when I was safely outside I turned to look just to see if I can get a last glimpse but, fans started swarming again and I just couldn't.
 
So, I walked the cold night in Seoul and watched as the snow started falling. Suddenly, I hear someone say "Excuse me". I had to turn around to see the face that I had associated with the voice. Voila! It was you, panting. "Did you run?" I asked bewildered. "Yes because, you left your phone." And handed me my phone. "Oh! Mianheyo." I bowed and got the phone. "Kamsahamnida Sungmin Oppa. You should go back in, its cold." Holding on to the phone like my whole life depended on it. You smiled at me and then bowed, as you turned around, you looked back at me and said, "The chocolates were delicious. I hope you can show me how to make it? If you don't mind I saved my number on your phone so please, add me in Kakao, Okay?" and after that you ran back. I was dumbfounded and I thought I was hearing things but, when I refreshed, your name came out and I think fate was on my side and that I was the luckiest girl around.
 
"성민"