A Sad Friendship

A Sad Friendship

 

Kyungsoo, a senior, has a best friend named Kai. They've known each other ever since middle school. They were great friends. Kai was a flirt, always embarrassing Kyungsoo. He was very sweet torwards Kyungsoo. Only his precious Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo, however, was a vulnerable little derp who was so gullible. These two grew a great bond over the years, until Kyungsoo realised he started to like Kai. 

Kyungsoo liked Kai for a while, but he just thought it was a small crush. He never told Kai. He quickly got over it. Kyungsoo and Kai remained best friends. It stayed like that for a while. 

During their sophmore year, Kai confessed that he liked Kyungsoo. (Wow. Just after he got over you. You idiot. PABO.) Kyungsoo was quite shocked. He brushed it off though. So did Kai. Things went back to normal fairly quickly. 

Kai eventually met someone he liked. His name was Sehun. Sehun saw that Kai was interested in him, so they dated. Kyungsoo and Kai stopped talking for a while when Kai and Sehun got together. Sehun really despised Kyungsoo, ever since elementary school. (wow prince.) After two months, they broke up.  Sehun played poor Kai like a toy. Kai started talking to his best friend again. Kyungsoo comforted his best friend about his bad break up. Hm. What was this tingling feeling in Kyungsoo's heart? Was he starting to like Kai again? (PABO. STOP) 

Kai: I think I like your friend Luhan now...

Kyungsoo's thoughts: ....my friend Luhan?...The person who everyone in the school likes? 

Kyungsoo: Oh...

Kai: What?

Kyungsoo: Nothing.

Kai: Liar. Is it something about you?

Kyungsoo: Well...I used to like you in our sophmore year.

Kai: Wow...pretty long time ago. 

Kyungsoo: Yeah...

These two stopped talking for about a month. The Valentines Dance was close. Kai and Kyungsoo were both in Leadership so they had to set up for the dance. Kai was helping sell food for his AVID class and Kyungsoo was ditched by his date. They hung out together. Then suddenly....

Kai: /hug/

Kyungsoo: Y-Yahh...what are you doing????

Kai: Pabo. Hugging you. What does it look like I'm doing?

Kyungsoo: .____. >////<

They began to talk a lot. They took 5293478562937456 selcas too. They caught up a lot. Kai talked about how much he liked Luhan. It really hurt Kyungsoo. He was feeling kind of jealous. 

The dance was over and they hugged goodbye. Kyungsoo was starting to get feelings for Kai again...(NOOOOOO STOP IT) Even though he knew that Kai still really liked Luhan.

That stupid little penguin couldn't stop thinking about Kai. (ugh. why) He could barely sleep. Kyungsoo couldn't wait until the next day to see Kai at school again.

THE NEXT DAY

Kyungsoo: Hi Kai~

Kai: Hey.

Kai acted like nothing really happened yesterday and started ignoring Kyungsoo. ( WOW KAI YOU )

Kyungsoo has P.E with Luhan. He told Luhan that he liked Kai.

Luhan: OMG WHAT?? YOU LIKE KAI. I SHIP YOU TWO.

/clueless Luhan doesn't know that Kai likes him/

Kyungsoo: hehe. Yeah. But he likes my friend. He's my best friend.

Luhan: Wait. I'm not your best friend? WHAT? YOU REPLACED ME? HOW COULD YOU.

Kyungsoo: Hahaha. You guys are both my best friends (x

Luhan: Okay. I'm going to go ask him right now. Who's better. Me or you.

Kyungsoo: NONONONONO PLEASE DON'T NOOOOO. /tries to stop luhan/

Luhan: HEY KAI. WHO'S BETTER? ME OR KYUNGSOO.

Kai: You....

Kyungsoo felt a hurt. That his best friend would pick Luhan over him... He also felt embarrassed because he looked a dork trying to hold off Luhan. (AUGH WHY LUHAN WHY)

Kyungsoo went home feeling sad and depressed. Like always, Luhan always wins. He doesn't want to tell Luhan anything that would hurt their friendship...

To be continued in Chapter 2~