Because I will love you forever

Because I will love you forever

 

 

I had my eyes closed and enjoyed the warmth of the sun as it shone a beam of light on my belly. I was lying on his bed, my feet up against the wall and my head on Taeyang’s lap. He was playing with my hair, trying to make little braids. It felt nice, even though he absolutely at braiding.

‘Dara?’ He suddenly said, breaking the peaceful silence.

‘What?’ I answered as I opened my eyes. I gazed up at his face, he looked handsome as always. The fact that I could look right into his nostrils didn’t even ruin the moment.

‘I think you’re pretty.’

I smiled; he could be so random sometimes.

‘Well, thank you, I think your quit a pretty boy yourself.’

He returned my smile after he gave up on the braiding and was now trying to untangle my hair.

‘I also think you’re funny and sweet and very, very cute.’ He said, his eyes fixed on mine.

I could feel the blood rush to my head, so I sat up straight across from him and tried to hide the redness of my face behind my hair.

‘Thank you.’ I mumbled. Taeyang ignored  my embarrassment and gently my left cheek with his fingers. It tickled a little bit.

‘You’re even cuter when you blush like that.’ He said still smiling, but then he looked at the top of my head. The smile disappeared for just a split of a second, only to be replaced by an even wider one. ‘I’m sorry for messing up your hair.’ He laughed.

I sighed and went for the mirror to try and restore the damage. It wasn’t that bad, nothing that a quick brush couldn’t fix.

‘You know, you’re good at a lot of things. But I wouldn’t recommend you a career as a hairstylist.’ I said, without taking my eyes of the small wooden framed mirror on Taeyang’s dresser. It was a simple secondhand dresser, just like most of the stuff in Taeyang’s small room. Life was expensive, but he had everything he needed and so did I. At least, as long as Taeyang was around.

‘Really? I always thought I would make a good hairstylist.’ He joked. His voice sounded muffled. I looked around to see what he was doing at the same time that he was picking up some T-shirts that had fallen out of the closet. He hurriedly closed the closet door and looked up at me. He gave me and innocent look, but I knew he was faking it. Taeyang had never been a good actor and he was hiding something behind his back.

‘What’s the matter?’ He asked, his eyes were nervously following mine. Yup, he was definitely hiding something.

‘Nothing.’ I answered blinking my eyes a little bit too much. Okay, so I wasn’t that good at acting either. I slowely walked towards him, not breaking eye contact for even a second. When I was close enough to feel his breathing against my forehead I carefully kissed his exposed  collarbone. I looked up to meet his eyes again. Gotcha, I  thought. He was going crazy! I then continued upwards and laid a soft little kiss just underneath his jawline. He exhaled through his nose as he was losing it for sure. I proceeded and slowely went in to kiss his parted lips, but right before our lips touched I froze. His eyes widened, but it was too late. Whatever he was holding behind his back, I took it and it was mine now.

‘What do we have here.’ I said as I held up a small red box with a little silver bow around it.

‘You sneaky little…’ Taeyang said. He took a few steps back, until he stood with his back against the wall and then leaped towards me. Tackling me onto the softness of the bed. I couldn’t stop laughing as he started tickling me. He knew all my week spots, so it didn’t take long for him to reconquer the red box. He jumped of the bed and held the box behind his back again.

I had to catch my breath, so I didn’t feel like going after it anymore. But Taeyang was on his guard now.

‘I will forgive you for that, because you laugh cute.’ He stated as he slowely approached the bed again. ‘Will you promise to not rip it out of my hands again if I try to show you this time?’

I eagerly nodded my head.

Taeyang threw the small box to my left on the bed and went to lie down on my right. He pretended to be asleep. Well that was a waste of time, he was giving it up so easily now. I looked at the pretty box and shook it next to my ear. Just because that’s what people usually do in movies when they get presents and because I wanted to try it out myself. I turned my head to Taeyang, he was staring at me, but pretended to be asleep again the moment he saw me looking at him. I carefully opened the box. In it was a shiny silver ring with the symbol for infinity at the front. I looked over at Taeyang again. He was wide awake and smiling and I couldn’t help but do the same.

‘Because I will love you forever.’ He said before softly kissing my lips.