Bring Me Home

Bring Me Home

It was this very room where the five of you practiced your debut performance three years ago. The forth year was approaching faster than you thought, it was still the first half of the year. In fact, the Chinese New Year just passed. And so did your birthday.

 

You sighed.

 

You look toward the children; you knew they weren't children, since even the youngest(s) was legally an adult, but compared to you, they might as well have been.

 

Yes, you've also had your moments of fun and laughter with them, showing the world via media silliness that was from long ago when you were still back home in China, playing games with the kids across the street. You've had these moments, but that didn't change the fact that no matter how much your fellow members tried to lessen the burden of “leader”, they still relied on you; their mother of sorts, if not big and eldest sister. The rest of the world seemed to agree with that role.

 

The eldest of the children stirred ever so slightly, not quite awake yet. You stared as she went back to sleep, the younger three not bothered by the small shift made by their tomboy sister. All of you were supposed to be practicing- and you were- until they decided to huddle up during the break because despite how much you had sweat, the studio was just too damn cold. Your body was so confused as to what to feel- you didn't want to put on your coat because you were still hot, but at the same time, your skin seemed frozen, numb because of the evaporated moisture from your pores. You wondered how the four of them could sleep comfortably.

 

Should you wake them up?

 

They were still sweaty, and the air conditioning in the room could make them sick.

 

But you looked at them again; the four of them sitting up, backs to the wall. The eldest and youngest were leaning against each other, head on top of the other on top of a shoulder, fitting perfectly together snoozing away. The smallest was sleeping against her big sister, her neck bent at an awkward angle that would surely be sure by the time she wakes up. Your giant baby was using the youngest as a pillow, her big stature enough to envelope the one she was comfortably leaning on.

 

You didn't have the heart to wake them.

 

You stand up, finding their coats and gently placing them over each figure as a makeshift blanket. You take one last look at kids before facing the mirror wall and practicing by yourself as quietly as you could.

 

You followed the beat in your head, mentally counting, moving your body with precision. You sneakers would squeak on the polished wood floor whenever you sped up. Surprisingly, none of them woke up and you continued following the melody in your head. Time was a lost factor.

 

“Unnie?”

 

You stopped dancing and turned around. Your oldest child had woken up, still in a sleepy daze. It almost looked like she didn't know she was awake.

 

Her youngest sister stirred, her pillow coming to life beneath her. So did the other two. They rubbed sleep dust out of their eyes, but some of them couldn't even open them. The two youngest sat against each other, trying to keep warm. The older two looked at you with a confused expression.

 

“Unnie, what are you doing?”

 

You almost laughed. It was so cute, they weren't even fully awake. It seems they've forgotten about practice. You looked at the wall clock above them. You've been practicing for almost 10 hours. Maybe it's time to stop for the day.

 

“Unnie, join us,” your middle child reached out to you.

 

You chuckled. Conforming, you did. You watched as your oldest shook the young ones, whispering how mother was joining them. They opened their eyes just slightly, and separated. You took the seat between them, while your other two repositioned themselves. Your tomboy was fully leaning on your cold child, and the shortest went to the other side, huddling with the tallest while the two nest to you just leaned their heads on your shoulder before going back to sleep once again.

 

You checked to make sure everyone had a jacket covering them, it was still too damn cold. They did and you let out a content sigh.

 

Your current positions reminded you of that one picture from your Pinocchio days. Only this one was messy, hot and cold, and not a picture for the world to see. This one was more intimate, more family like.

 

You, too, closed your eyes. And you smiled to yourself, thinking, since when did you become a mother?

 

 

It is with great regret that I have come to realize how little I understand Victoria's character.

 

This oneshot is so ugly like omg why did I even post this. It's just all over the place.

 

Can this still count as a late happy birthday present for victoria?

 

-fmaXp3rt