You're my melody.

Our crazy love. [oneshot]

Shin Sunmi's point of view:

Everything is so frustrating lately. My parents have such high expectations of me, where it almost feels like I'm suffocating. I can't tell this story to anyone. What would they say? Would they even care? I'm not so sure. I've watched a movie once, where the girl's story was similar to mine. And they compared her to being a bird in a cage. I don't want to be a bird in a cage. I want to be set free.

And if that isn't enough, my teachers have high expectations of me. They have absolutely no right whatsoever to have expectations. The only person that can expectations for me is myself. No one else. Who do they think they are? My parents? No, not even my parents can take control of me like this. Not anymore they won't.

It was a typical day of school, but I couldn't concentrate at all. I pretended to pay attention, but I knew somehow that the teacher knew I wasn't.  They almost made me stand in the back of the room when the bell rang. I rushed out of the classroom, just to get away from it all. I didn't want to see anyone.

I didn't run to the cafeteria like anyone else. I ran to the rooftop instead hoping that no one would be there. As I took a deep breath, I got what I wanted. There was absolutely no one there, and it worked out perfectly for me. Namaste! There was nothing that went wrong. That is, until I cried. I cried so hard, it would cause a side ache of some sort.

Chunji's point of view:

It was a difficult day. I almost was late for school.  I couldn't afford another late on my report card, or my parents would kill me. And I didn't want to hear another lecture from teachers. I talk back like a bad anyway, and get myself into deeper trouble. Nah, I didn't want to go there to day. I wanted to chill.

So I decided I would take a nap, up at the roof top. No one really goes over there anyways. Who am I gonna see? So I run there when the bell rings, find a secluded place, and I fall asleep. Everything went fine, until I heard some major crying. It interrupted my nap time and I was really pissed. I thought I was the only one up here!

I wake up, and I try to see where all the commotion is coming from. I'm looking around, and I see this girl. This beautiful girl. Why is someone so pretty like her crying? She shouldn't be crying, because well.. she's just so perfect. I can't even talk right now. Maybe I should comfort her? Would that work?

I can't just give up my bad boy image, no, I should comfort her. I put my game face on, and walked up to her. She stopped crying, but this time she backed away. "What do you want from me?" What in the world is she talking about, I'm not even doing anything? She's so annoying! "I'm trying to comfort you and this is how you treat me?"

She wiped more tears away. "I'm sorry, but it's just that you seem cold and unfeeling right now. It's a bit scary." Taken aback by her comment, I tried to fix my expression, but unfortunately it didn't work. "How's this?" She shook her head. "It's still scary." I grunted. "Well, the reason I was crying is because my parents and teachers are putting so much pressures on me. I can't stand it." What the hell? I give up already. This doesn't even matter.

RIING!~

She was still looking at me. "I'm going to class!" I said without looking back. She's a strange girl.

Sunmi's point of view:

That guy is so cool! He has a lot of charisma and I can't deny his good looks either. I have to tell my friends about him! Actually that would be a bad idea since we don't know each other that well yet. I think I should get to know him first and try to become good friends with him. I wonder if he goes to the rooftop often.

If he does, should I just go there? Maybe I should, that way I can spend time with him. That would mean giving up some time with my friends though. Ah, I don't care. They'll understand once the time comes. I rushed back to class, and I wasn't late. My friends asked me "Where did you go?" I blushed, but i beat around the bush. "I just went to relax somewhere."

Throughout the rest of they day, there wasn't a minute where I didn't think about him. He left such a strong impression, and there was absolutely no way I could keep my mind off of him. I wondered if he thought about me too.

Chunji's point of view:

Ahh! That girl ruined my nap time. Now I can't even go back to sleep and I'm exhausted. I just want to get this day over with and go home. And by the looks of her she's already fallen for me. Too bad for her! I don't have time to even have a girlfriend. I don't even want a girlfriend. It's so pointless right now.

If you looked around at all the campus couples in this school, they would get together one minute, break up next week and end up dating their ex's best friends. That's how bad this school is. And that's also why I dedicate all of my time into academics. It helps me to get good grades to have a kick job after graduating, and keeps me away from all of the drama.

All the girls just love to talk about each other. I despised the female population once because of it. But then I thought, if all guys hated girls because of that, then the population would significantly go down and there would be no human race left. Girls are easy to get sick of so, be surprised if a guy stays around for a long time. Or better yet, marry a girl.

I just got through the rest of the day, did my work and went to sleep. I really needed it.

Sunmi's point of view:

I came back home, and I got what I expected. My parents were utterly annoying, asking me what I learned in school and asked if I knew what my grade was. It was the same thing everyday. I still do it for them, though. They're my parents and I love them so much. Like always I had nothing to do but go up to my room and did my homework. Will he be there tomorrow?

It was time for dinner, and my older brother Ricky, who is in college finally came home for a visit. It was a special thing, so we decided to eat out together instead of eating at home. I just usually went with whatever any one slse wanted. I put others in front of myself everyday of my life if I had to. And because it was about my brother, he was the one that got to pick out a restaurant.

He came home from the States, and he said he missed authentic Korean food. So we went to a pretty popular restaurant that was near the mall. It wasn't packed thankfully, and upon arriving we got a seat. This was our family's favorite restaurant. Even though we could easily make these things at home, there was something about the food and atmosphere that made it special.

Maybe it's because they have an arcade that Ricky oppa and I always play at after we're done eating. Our parents won't let us play before we eat. It isn't just for our family though. There were several times I brought my best friend Krystal Jung with me. those were the only times I actually could have some fun. Her and I would always talk, and she would take the place of my brother and play the arcade games with me.

Tonight was no different, and we shared some good laughs. "Oppa, how is America?" He pondered. "Hmm, it's a bit different from Korea, but I still think Korea's the best." I was glad that it was his last year at college. He could finally come home and stay. Or so I thought. My father drank quite a bit of soju, and was drunk.

"Ricky. You have to enlist in the military soon. You have to be a good soldier, ok? kekeke." He was making weird noises, and it was scaring me. "Oppa! I don't want you to enlist in the army. But you have to. Right?" He gave a sad smile. "Uh, I have to go. I don't want to though. Enough of this sad stuff. Let's go play some arcade games!" "I bet you I'll win!" He tackled me and kissed both of my cheeks. "Nu uh little sister. Big brother will own you."

"You're on."

Next day:

Chunji's point of view:

I liked the spot I went to yesterday. Recess was too short of a time to be there, so I decided to hang with my friend  L.joe. He's pretty much the only one who can make me laugh and get me to open up. "Yo man, I met this chick yesterday and uh- she's pretty. You think I should be friends with her?" He just scoffed at me. "Brotha, you don't need no girl. aight? She's probably going to just cause drama in yo life. You don't need that."

 A couple of girls walked past, and tried to flirt with me. L.joe pointed to them laughing. "Yeah man, this is what I mean. Plus, look at that. They're only good to look at. Once you make a move, they aint never gonna leave your side! You're pretty popular with the teachers too. They'd probably try to get you two to break up. I swear man, your life ."

He's right. But what if I wanted to like her?

Sunmi's point of view:

I couldn't wait to see him again. I just can't get my mind off of him! I didn't tell Krystal, but I really wanted to. I was so tempted, because there was no one I could share it with. I imagined a scene in my mind, telling it to Ricky oppa.

Sunmi's imagination*

"Bam!" all of the zombies in the game were dying, and we are only a few points away from beating the current highest score. I'd wait for the perfect time to tell him, that is after the game. "di di di diri diiii." The game console sang, and we jumped up and down for joy. "Yes! We beat the high score! Brother and sister team. Oh yeah!"

I'd hug him, and say "Oppa, I like a boy." "What are you talking about? Who is this boy? I'm going to school to beat him up!"

And ridiculous cliche things like that.

end Sunmi's imagination*

Sunmi's point of view:

I couldn't take it anymore, I had to see him. After class, I went back up to the roof top. This time he was sleeping again, but he was more visible this time. I sat down next to him, and spoke to him even if he couldn't hear me. It gave me joy and took all of the pressures away. Everyday, I would go there. A few weeks after he was awake, but he'd only answer me with one word answers.

I kept trying, until he gave me full sentences. Until eventually: "Will you be my girlfriend?" I was so happy, that we had to do a gathering with our closest friends, and of course my brother.

Chunji's point of view:

We went together to Su's favorite restaurant. Together we ate her favorite foods, as we shared our story with everyone. They were shocked, but happy for us. Even her brother Ricky. I thought it'd be so cliche and he'd try to beat me up or something because I am taking his younger sister away. But then again he seems like an understanding guy.

A few months passed, and we were the only ones who knew about this relationship. Until, the gossipers told the teachers, and I was in huge trouble. I was called in, and this is what I heard.

"You are to good for her! She'll ruin you. Don't let this girl get in the way of your academic career!"

Sunmi's point of view:

It was a lovely day at school, until I got called in by the teachers. They kept telling me nasty comments like "Chunji may be a good student, but he has a bad attitude and he'll just ruin you." I didn't want to listen. Who would? I had to seem him at lunch, at our usual spot. He was waiting for me there, and he had a sad look on his face.

"What's wrong?" I asked. He sighed. "I got scolded by the teachers. They said to break up with you." My heart sank. "They said the same thing about me too. I think we should, so we don't have to deal this this." He was angry , and it was the first time I've ever seen him this way. He pushed me up against a wall, and he walked away.

I couldn't let him escape. "Chunji!" I ran and gave him a back hug. "I'm sorry, don't be mad." He turned around, and we shared our first kiss. "The teachers can't tell us what to do. Let's show them that we're perfect for each other."