The Trail to Your Love

The Trail to Your Love

Kibum sighed lightly as he walked to his locker after school on February 14th. He hadn't seen his boyfriend, Siwon, all day. They had always celebrated Valentines' Day, but Siwon hadn't even mentioned it this year; why was that? Kibum opened his locker and was about to put his stuff in when he noticed something. A pink slip of paper with a wrapped chocolate on it. The young man raised an eyebrow and set his things in the bottom of his locker, taking the paper and chocolate out, opening the chocolate and eating it before reading the note.

 

"I love you more than candy and more than life itself, a clue to find your lover is on a paper-filled shelf"

 

Kibum's eyebrow raised again at this. What the not said confused him slightly, but the handwriting was familiar, but he wasn't sure why. Deciding that he had nothing better to do with his evening, or at least the next half hour, Kibum began to think. A paper-filled shelf. "Well, I guess that's the library," he said to himself before heading on his way. He also figured that, since it rhymed and was about love that it'd be in the poetry section. He was right.

 

"Cures what ails you, this room does. Not per se in a broken heart, but any other injury goes"

 

"The nurse's office, I suppose. Injuries and all..." This led Kibum there and on the examining table sat yet another note. "How many of these ARE there?"

 

This lasted for about 15 notes worth. The final note led Kibum to the choir room. Taking a light breath, he walked inside.

 

"I wondered how long that would take.... Maybe I should have shortened it," came a voice, smooth as silk and more familiar than a parent's.

 

"Siwon?! What are you doing here? I thought you weren't in school today!" Kibum exclaimed. Before him stood a suit-clad Siwon holding a bouquet of roses and a box of chocolates, a smile on his lush lips.

 

"Technically, I wasn't because I wasn't in classes... but I was here. A-Anyway...Happy Valentines' Da-" He was cut off by Kibum hugging him tightly.

 

"Siwon, I love you, you over-complicated man."

 

"Well, I'm glad that you do," he replied with a smile. "I love you, too, Kibum."