Moments 1/1

Moments

Leo loves his moments with Ken. He loves going for walks right before dusk when the sky is a blurred rainbow. He loves feeling Ken's hand in his as they watch the fiery reds and burnt oranges of the sun sinking below the horizon lead up to the deep blues and royal purples of the night sky. The way Ken bumps their shoulders together to try and get a smile from Leo. And how he only succeeds part of the time because Leo is stubborn.

 

Leo loves how those walks take them to the nearest park, almost empty because most of the people their age are at a bar or club. He loves sitting on a park bench, with his head on Ken's shoulder and Ken's head on his, just listening to the sound of the wind as it blows through the trees. He loves how those walks lead them back to their apartment for late night snuggling and a shared cup of tea. And they fall asleep next to each other before one of them can wash the used mug.

 

Leo loves late afternoons when they're curled up on the couch in their apartment under an afghan Ken's mom made eons ago, and the TV's on some silly gag show but all the two notice is each other. The way Ken leans into him like Leo is sturdier than the walls that hold up the roof and more comforting than a cup of hot chocolate in the middle of a snow storm. And Leo returns the gesture by mussing up Ken's hair and patting it down. Over and over again, all the while just looking at Ken, soaking in every line of his face and the way his chest rises and falls as he breathes. He'll sometimes tug on Ken's hair, gently tilting his head up so Leo can give him a chaste kiss, reveling in how soft Ken's lips are against his own.

 

Leo loves when Ken calls him or sends him a text a moment before he yells at an intern, because he's just so stressed, to ask him where he wants to go for lunch. Although he sometimes hates the way he can hear the laughter in Ken's voice when his response is I don't have time today and Ken says okay, I'll see you later. Only to show up 20 minutes later with take-out and a smile. And Ken listens to Leo complain about his morning as they eat on the floor of Leo's office even though Ken is just as stressed at his job. Leo loves the moments when he gets really riled up about all the stupid interns in this damn office and Ken just smiles that perfect smile and leans in for a lingering kiss because Leo needs to breathe.

 

Leo thinks his interns like the afternoons when Ken and Leo eat in the office as much as Leo does. He's always nicer than usual for the remaining hours of the day and he can even ignore the whispers and giggles as he sends Ken off with I'll miss you's and more kisses than necessary considering they'll be seeing each other again in a few hours.

 

But then it's back to work after he watches the double doors that are the entrance to his workplace close after Ken, and he begins his mini-scavenger hunt for the note he knows Ken left in his office but doesn't know how or where. It's on his back, he discovers when a co-worker plucks it off him on his way back from the bathroom an hour later. He knows Ken put the sickly sweet love-note there on purpose to embarrass him and he vows to get Ken back later. But for now he grins as he sticks it on the stack of other cheesy post-its in his desk drawer and resumes his work.

 

Leo loves when he gets off work before Ken and can sneak into Ken's office to convince him that there are much more important things to do than work overtime and Ken can never refuse. When they can't get home fast enough, and when the elevator reaches their floor they stumble out and down the hall, because they can't get enough of each others taste. Because it feels like it's been so long since they last saw each other and Ken smells like Ken and it makes Leo giddy. Ken's suit jacket is already almost off by the time they get the door unlocked and they barely make it to the bed before Leo looses track of where he stops and Ken begins.

 

Leo loves the look on Ken's face in the aftermath, when his hair is stuck to his sweaty forehead and he's panting and he just looks so beautiful. And Ken rolls over on his side, and looks at Leo and smiles that smile Leo feels is just for him, and asks him what are you looking at, and all Leo can do is brush Ken's hair out of his eyes and whisper. you. Leo doesn't even mind how his heart pounds when Ken wraps his arms around him and they fall asleep like that.

 

Leo loves waking up after those nights and making breakfast, because even though he wants to stay in bed forever Ken can't cook for and they need to eat. He loves seeing Ken being drawn out of the bedroom by the smell, rubbing his eyes and wearing nothing but boxers hung low on his hips. He loves feeling warm arms wrap around him from behind and even warmer lips pepper kisses along his jawline. But the arms and kisses distract him from the task at hand so he sends them to the table to wait so he doesn't burn the food. And he's never stopped thinking it's silly, how Ken insists they feed each other, even though they both have the same thing on their plates, but he goes along with it because it makes Ken happy.

 

Leo loves his moments with Ken. They're often and constant but the emotions he feels never subside. The butterflies never leave his stomach when they kiss. He still blushes at some of the notes Ken leaves in his office. There's still the same amount of passion in the wee hours of the morning as there was the first time around. Leo loves his moments with Ken. But Leo loves Ken just a little bit more.

 

A/N: Because I think Leo is secretly a sappy, gross, romantic and I was listening to Taylor Swift while fighting off extreme Keo feels. I lost.