You never know

Pre and Post

 

You never know.
 
 
 
 
 
 
A stack of books fell in front of Chunji with a grunt.
 
“You… wait, let me take a breath,” Chunji is unfazed by Daehyun’s panting. After a few deep breath, Daehyun sets a glare at Chunji. “Evil genius.”
 
Chunji grins that sweet wicked grin at the poor boy.
 
“What?”
 
“Forcing me to search books for you is too much. You know I will always make sure I stay at least 3 meters away from the library. I almost lost myself in the thousands of racks they have here!”
 
Chunji rolls his eyes at the exaggerated details.
 
“Daehyun. It’s only 5 books.”
 
“5 thick book may I add,” Daehyun glances at the books and Chunji. “Now, can I go?”
 
“Definitely.”
 
“I’m gonna tell Jaejae you bullied me,” Daehyun grumbles.
 
“I do not bully you. You promised me you’ll help me if I help you,” Chunji laughs at Daehyun’s regretful face.
 
“Fine. Anyway, I gotta go. Jaejae and I are going to go play go-kart,” Daehyun winks. “Bye!”
 
Chunji waves as Daehyun closes the door, all the while shaking his head unbelievably. He smiles. Now he can finish his homework, school project and study for his next test peacefully in this cubicle. Another favorite facilities in this library for Chunji. Here, he can groan and curse freely if some of the questions decide to kill him.
 
He takes his pen and pulls his text book and his test pad. In matter of seconds, Chunji has already immerses in his piles of books and papers.
 
As he is trying to solve his Chemistry question, he hears a knock. He looks at the door. He sees no one from the semi-transparent glass on the door. He shrugs and goes back to his book.
 
Knock knock.
 
Okay. So it is not his imagination. There is someone saying something on the outside of the door. Then he hears someone fumbles on the key and open the door. Wait. He booked this cubicle so he should be the only on who has access to this cubicle until 4.
 
“Really Sanghoon ah. Can’t you open the door for me? Why must I use the key when…” the guy who barged into his room finally looks up from his jacket pocket and stares.
 
“You’re not Sanghoon.”
 
A statement. Oh wow Mr. Genius.
 
“As far as I am aware, my name is not Sanghoon,” Chunji lifts his eyebrows. He gives the guy a once over and he has to say the guy got some fashion sense, and good looking too. Sadly manners didn’t come with the package.
 
“How can you have the key to this cubicle? I booked this cubicle until 4,” Chunji frowns.
 
The guy shrugs. “The librarian guy gave me this key.”
 
“That clumsy hyung,” Chunji sighs. He really need to talk to him about his condition. “The librarian made a mistake then. Just go to him and he’ll hopefully gives you the right key.”
 
The guy nods. He glances at Chunji’s test pad and back at Chunji.
 
“Okay. Thanks,” he smiles. He goes to the door and opens it.
 
“Oh by the way, when we’re using Pascal as our unit pressure, the universal gas constant should be 8.314. 0.08206 is when our unit pressure is a.t.m,” the guy smiles before he closes the door.
 
Minutes pass before Chunji comes back from his confuse state. He tears his stares from the door and looks at his calculation for his Chemistry homework and surprisingly the guy is correct. He did use the wrong value of constant to calculate his ideal gas. He looks again at the closed door.
 
“Maybe, he is a genius after all.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
You never know.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Chunji put his books at the return rack and walks to the counter to return his cubicle’s key. He put the key on the counter and squints his eyes at the librarian.
 
“Onew hyung, how can you give my cubicle key to some guy?”
 
“Ah. Sorry Chunji ah. I took the wrong key. I gave my copy of the key to your cubicle by mistake,” Onew smiles sheepishly.
 
“Aish, really hyung,” Chunji pouts. He knows he is a bit childish but somehow with Onew hyung, he can let lose a little. Onew hyung has this brotherly aura around him that Chunji isn’t hesitate to confide him if he has problems. Is just that Onew hyung sometimes tends to be a bit… gooey.
 
“You’re going home? Your bike is still in the repair shop huh? Want me to accompany you?”
 
“Nah. I’ll walk. Thanks hyung! See you tomorrow,” Chunji waves and turns for the exit.
 
He smiles as the cool breeze hit his face. Though it is not as cool anymore since spring is coming. He sighs, ready to start another boring journey home when a voice startle him.
 
“Did you get it right?”
 
Chunji turns to his left to see the guy who barged into his cubicle leaning on the wall with his hands both in his jacket pockets.
 
“Ah yeah. Thanks,” Chunji bows his head slightly.
 
“Don’t mention.”
 
Chunji nods awkwardly. He looks around.
 
“You’re waiting for someone?”
 
“Yep. That Sanghoon. But I think he has ditched me already for his girlfriend,” the guy sighs. “This is what happen when you are the only one single among your friends.”
 
“Ugh, I totally understand.”
 
The guy chuckles. “Same situation?”
 
Chunji gives a curt nod. The guy holds out his hand.
 
“Byunghun. Lee Byunghun. But after some awesome simplification, you can just call me Ljoe.”
 
Chunji laughs a bit. “I’m Chanhee. Lee Chanhee. But after some awesome simplification, Chunji will do.”
 
“Oh you catch on fast,” Ljoe grins. “Want to walk together?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
You never know.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Chunji groans. His arm is thrown out in searching for his alarm. When he finds it, he throws it to the floor. After a few minutes, he finally kicks his cover away. This is his fifth day walking to school. He sighs. He drags his body to the bathroom and get ready for school.
 
He walks down the stairs and heads for the kitchen. His hyung as usual is already there eating his cereals. Chunji grabs a banana and ready to go to school. Before he opens the door he hears Cap shout, “Your bike will be ready by this Wednesday!”
 
Wednesday huh? He has to walk two more days to school then. Well, two is better than three more days. Plus he has walked for five days. What more with some extra two days, right?
 
“Yeah. Thanks hyung!” he shouts back and heads for school.
 
As he reaches school, he sees Ricky all by himself in front of his locker. Chunji taps the younger male and starts opening his locker.
 
“Where are the others?”
 
“Oh Niel is late as usual, and Changjo… he has some dance stuff to do,” Ricky shrugs.
 
“Have you solved your crush problem yet?” Chunji pulls out his math and his biology text book and closes his locker.
 
Ricky glances at Chunji and shakes his heads slowly.
 
Chunji put his hand on Ricky’s shoulder. “Do you want to do it yourself or I…”
 
“No! Uh, I’ll do it.”
 
“Okay. Come to me if there is anything,” Chunji smiles.
 
“Sure do hyung. I’ll go to class first,” Ricky smiles back and turns to the stairs.
 
Chunji goes left and heads for his class. A-01 classroom comes to view and Chunji goes inside, putting his books and bag on his table and sits. He is about to take out his Korean text book when someone from other class comes in.
 
“Is Lee Chanhee here?”
 
“Chunji! Someone is looking for you,” Sungjong, his classmate shouts.
 
Chunji looks up and goes outside of his class. He sees a timid freshmen smiles shyly at him.
 
“Yes?”
 
“Oh. Mr. Yoon calls you to the staff room.”
 
His eyebrows furrow to form a line. What could possibly be that his Physic teacher wants to see him?
 
 
 
 
 
 
You never know.
 
 
 
 
 
 
He knocks the door slowly. He hears a soft ‘Come in’ so he opens the door and goes to Mr. Yoon’s table.
 
“Good morning, Mr. Yoon. You’re looking for me?”
 
“Ah Chanhee. Good. Yes I am. I want to ask you a favor. Is it okay?” Mr. Yoon leans forward.
 
“Sure. If I’m able to help,” Chunji says.
 
“There is this Science Competition between schools in Seoul and since you and Byunghun here are the top students in our school, I decided that you two are going to represent our school in the competition. What do you think?”
 
“Oh absolutely. Yes, I’m happy that you choose me and… wait. Who?”
 
“Byunghun. Byunghun ah, stop staring at the window and come here!”
 
Byunghun. Sounds familiar. Could it be… him?
 
True enough, Ljoe turns from the window and strides to Mr. Yoon’s table.
 
“Oh sorry. I see my friends coming and they thought I got into trouble for being in staff room this early. I can’t stop laughing,” Ljoe grins.
 
Mr. Yoon shakes his head. “You. Takes something seriously sometimes! Now you are going with Chanhee for the competition.”
 
Ljoe looks at him. Chunji bets surprise written all over his face right now and seeing Ljoe so cool doesn’t really help. Ljoe chuckles.
 
“Hi again. I guess we’ll be seeing each other a lot after this huh?”
 
“Ah… uh… yeah,” why he stutters is beyond Chunji.
 
“Perfect. I’ve briefed Byunghun about the competition so he’ll explain to you later. This is the information about the competition. Anything you don’t understand, ask me. I’ll be checking on you from time to time. Understand?”
 
Chunji nods, taking the paper that Mr. Yoon holds out.
 
“You guys may go. Class is about to start.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
You never know.
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Hyung! Ice cream! Let’s go!”
 
Chunji put his books in his locker and closes it. “Not today, Ricky.”
 
“Eh, why not?” Niel asks as he too closes his locker.
 
“I got some stuff to do.”
 
“Don’t tell me… another rented movie?” Changjo holds an accusing look at Chunji.
 
“No. its school related.”
 
“Ah. I should have known its school related when it comes to Chunji hyung,” Ricky nods knowingly. Born in swift reflex, Chunji slaps Ricky’s arm. The poor kid has no time to dodge.
 
“It’s hurt you abuser.”
 
“Hi.”
 
They all look at the guy standing before them. A good looking guy, with light blond hair (definitely not natural. Don’t know how he get away with it as the school rule is quiet tight) and slightly below average height.
 
“Hi… uh,” they all look at each other.
 
“Ljoe,” Ljoe smiles to the stun dongsaeng. Chunji could have laugh looking at his dongsaeng’s face.
 
“Niel.”
 
“Ricky.”
 
“Changjo.”
 
They all say monotonously.
 
Chunji stands besides Ljoe and waves his hand to his dongsaeng.
 
“Now, if you’ll excuse us, we have some competition to win,” Chunji walks away with Ljoe in tow.
 
“Is it just me or do I see a spark of something between the two?” Niel says.
 
“Looks like our hyung is getting a taste of social life. Finally.”
 
 
 

 
 
You never know.
 
 
 
 
You never know what future has planned for you.
 

 

 

a/n: i'm supposed to upload this yesterday. but my internet. full quota. . i can't even open my twitter. let alone tumblr >.> and this story writes itself i swear. i didn't even plan for that competition thingy. this is supposed to be two shot. but it kind of got long to two more chapters. but i'll leave you guys with this first. and another next one up tomorrow if i get to finish a little bit more and my internet doesn't hate me. do give me feedbacks guys. if this is good please tell me and if it's bad tell me too. i wanna know :D

side note: BAP IS SUPER AWESOME THEIR NEW MV IS LIKE SUPER AWESOME PRINCESS-Y YOUNGJAE AND ALL I WOULD HAVE MADE SOME GIF IF NOT FOR MY SUPER SLOW INTERNET TO UPLOAD I'M SPAZZING BUT REALLY AHHH. /capslock off

excuse my inner fangirl.