First and Second Encounter

The First of Many Encounters

 

     "You need to stop staring at him"
     "For the last time, I'm not staring at him."
     "Then at least be subtle about it, and not eye his all the time."
     "Hey! I don't always...do...that..."
     "...You're an idiot."
     "Whatever."
 
You really are a ing idiot, Kris thought. 
It was a warm Friday afternoon. Kris and Sehun had decided to stop at a small coffee shop after school had finished. Normally Kris didn't enjoy coming to the this particular coffee shop, since it would usually be filled with students from their school. He didn't want to see certain irritating students hogging all the tables, whistling at any girl that walked by, and being incredibly rude to the waitresses, girls giggling and talking obnxiously loud.
 
But when he had gotten here only 20 minutes ago with Sehun, it was surprisingly empty. So, Sehun and himself had gotten a table near the back of the homey coffee shop and waited for their orders. Kris himself had ordered a simple iced coffee, and Sehun had ordered a hot chocolate. He wondered why in the world Sehun wanted a hot chocolate in this type of weather, Kris only shook his head, It's Sehun after all. As he leisurely played with the table's salt and pepper shakers, why they had these he had no clue, he spotted the school's clumsiest and friendlist person, Park Chanyeol. Kris cocked an eyebrow at the sight. What's he doing here? 
     "Hey," He nudged Sehun with his foot.
     "What?" Sehun sneered. 
     "Stop ogling the feminine waiter and tell me if that's Park Chanyeol behind you."
     Sehun obliquely glanced at the figure behind him. "Yup," He turned back to Kris, "that's him. Why?" 
     Kris shrugged his shoulders. "Just asking...doesn't seem like he would hang out at a coffee shop..."
 
Sehun apparently didn't care as he went back to his newly found hobby of eye-stalking a waiter. Kris heaved a sigh, and glanced back at Park Chanyeol. He noticed he had a medium-sized notebook on the table, and what seemed like he was drawing something. His stare lingered at his hand as it rapidly went back and fourth across the page. He could it was a simple sketch by his movements. Though this caused another wave of confusion.
 
Park Chanyeol never drew. At least not in school. He was they type of student who easily got by with C's and the occasional B. He was friends with everybody, from the outcasts of the school to the jocks of the school. Even if he wasn't friends with some people, he at least knew their name and was aquintances with him. Teachers despised him, others adored him. The girls were always talked and stared at him with adoring eyes, along with all-too-long lingering stares from some boys.
 
So it baffled Kris as to why Park Chanyeol, the friendlist and clumsiest guy of the school, was here at a small cafe, drawing. His attitude at school certianly didn't fit the type of an isolated artist. He looked back at Sehun to see if he had caught Kris looking at him. Nope, still looking at the waiter. Oh crap, he's heading this way.
     "Iced coffee?" The waiter questioned, looking between Sehun and Kris.
     Kris slightly lifted his hand, "That's me." He nodded and placed the iced coffee in front of him.
     "And yours is the hot chocolate, I presume?" The waiter softly smiled at him, his eyes slightly wrinkling at the corners.
     Sehun dumbly nodded. "Y-yeah." Kris snickered at the sight of a flustered Sehun, and quickly covered his mouth with his hand.
 
After the waiter had placed the steaming cup of hot chocolate in front of a blushing Sehun, he quickly excused himself and went back to the counter. At that point, Kris had let out a strangled laugh.
     "Stop laughing!" Sehun whined.
     "You were such a mess, man. Grow some balls, and just confess already."
     Sehun picked up his cup, "Whatever," he mumbled and took a tentative sip of his hot drink.
 
Kris quielty laughed and took the straw into his mouth. The taste of the bitter, cold coffee invaded his mouth and staisfied his taste buds. Ah, he sighed, I needed this. Unconsiously, he glanced behind Sehun and unexpectingly meet the gaze of Park Chanyeol. With puckered lips still attached to the straw, he stared back. He couldn't tare his gaze from Park Chanyeol's eyes , of what reminded him of melted dark chocolate. As quickly as it happened, he went back to his quick sketching. 
 
What the hell was that?
 
***
 
     "Luhan."
     "What?"
     "His name is Luhan."
 
Monday afternoon had finally dawned upon them, and it was lunch. The cafeteria had been filled with obnoxious screeching, the occasional food being thrown, and the annoying munching of the basketball team. Naturally, Sehun and Kris had wondered to their usually place, under the oak tree at back of the school. 
     "So, how'd you did you figure that out?" Kris asked as he chewed on his sandwhich.
     "I grew some balls and asked for it." He proudly stated. Puffing his chest out a bit.
     "Wow. That's a major step in your non-existent relationship." That earned Kris a punch to arm.
     "Hey! At least I tried. Besides...he asked for me name too." Sehun smiled at the memeory and happily gobbled up his chocolate bar.
     "Because that's the polite thing to do, idiot..." Kris mumbled.
     "I heard that you little bi-"
     "Excuse me...?"
 
Sehun looked up and let it out a soft gasp. Kris looked up and five feet across from him was standing the one and only, Park Chanyeol. Why does he keep popping up at the randomest of places? 
    Sehun spoke up first. "Did you need something, C-Chanyeol?"
 
Kris was at lost of words. For some reason, the attire he had on today was especially intriguing to him. The sun had shone down on his bouncy curls making them look perfectly soft. He had on a white plain shirt, with a banana yellow flannel over it. His sleeves were rolled up to his elbow, but you could see the trace of his builtly firm biceps. Kris' eyes trailed down to his bow-shaped legs. His thighs looking expectionally plush, as the material of his faded black jeans hugged them ever so softly.
    "Kris!" Sehun's scream jolted him out of his entranced state.
     "Uh, w-what?" He sheepishly asked.
     Sehun rolled his eyes. "Chanyeol asked if he could eat lunch with us."
    Kris cleared awkwardly cleared his thorat and leaned back onto the tree. "Sure. I have no problem with it." He sneaked a glance at Chanyeol and saw a small smile from him. Not the ususal creepy full mouthed smile he mainly had on.
     "Thanks!" He semi-skipped his way over. Nearly tripping, he sat down next to Kris, so close he could feel the warmth radiating off of Chanyeol's thigh. 
 
This is gonna be fun...
 
_________________________________
 
 
**A/N: Welll this is my first fanfic!^^ and yes...krisyeol is my ultimate otp sdkfjkdfs ;~~~; they are just so adorable together. so, this is an extremely short chapter, but I will put up another one in a few minutes!
(please ingnore any spelling mistakes or gramatical errors;;)
 
**Edit: Decided to mash the second chapter with this chapter since my second chappter was too short...enjoy! Please comment and subscribe ^~^