Chapter 1

The Weakest At His Strongest

 

It was a beautiful evening on that day, Luhan sighed calmly, looking up at the sky, giggling at the various shape of cloud. That has been his hobby since he was five. He found that the clouds seems trying to tell him something, he just dont get it yet. Everyone thinks he's a freak for having such idea, including his older brother, Kris. However, Kris didn't voice out his point of view on his little brother. He loves Luhan so much and he won't dissapoint him even once in his entire life. For him, eventhough Luhan is a parent-less, that doesn't mean he should be lack of love and attention too, he deserve a normal life as a fifteen years old kid. Kris has been holding his words towards his brother that he won't ever abandone him and left him alone. He will be a good father, mother and brother to Luhan. How much he loves his dearest brother, no one knows. No words could explain. 
 
  
  "Luhan, I'm home." A smile drawn on Luhan's face as he heard the mumbling voice and the sound of keys jingling. He brighten up and left the corridor where he use to star-gazing with his brother at night. "Kris gege!" Luhan chirped happily as his brother appeared in his vision. He quickly grabbed a pack of gummies on the older's mouth. "Gummies! Xiexie gege!" Luhan giggled, tearing off the pack. "Hey, not so fast rascal, you should help gege with the food, hurry." Kris chuckled, placing the stuffed paper bags on the floor. "Ahh.." Luhan whined, leaving the pack of gummy on the glassy table. He get up lazily and bend down, picking the paper bags. Kris chuckled again and ruffled the hair of his little brother. "Whiny." He teased the younger which earned a long pout from him. Luhan left to the kitchen with the stuffed paper bags. 
 
 
 
 Kris sighed softly and his hair as he walked towards the couch and throw himself lazily on it. "How's school?" He asked, slightly shouted just enough for Luhan to hear him. "Was okay. But gege, I don't understand a thing with every words that coming out from my english teacher. What was it.. Pas- Past ten?" Luhan said as he arranging the canned food in the cabinet. Kris frowned before he the television. He felt bad that he can't even teach his brother a simple thing as that. How he wish he can but he don't even have a academic certificate. He didn't go to school since his parents died. Which means since he was 9. Luhan and him were adopted by an ordinary married couple that happened to be their new child-less neighbour right after the incident happened. Kris and Luhan was treated nicely by them. However, they were not really wealthy to support Kris' study. They had been taking care of the brothers for almost nine years but Kris decided to bring his brother out of the house once he reached the aged 18, he didn't want to burden the couple more. For him, he was big enough to take care of his brother alone. And he has proved it right to their foster parents, he managed to teach Luhan to read and count until Luhan reached the age 10. He has been working hard to pay for  his precious brother's studies until now. 
 
 
  "Gege? You're looking sad." Luhan slightly frowned, leaning on the kitchen's door frame. Kris smiled bitterly and chuckled. Luhan keep the frown on his face as he walked towards his brother. The older looked up to the younger. "Tired.." He Luhan's hair as the younger snuggled on him. "Gege.. I'm having another exam.." the smaller looked up to his brother and pouted. "And I need to pay for it." The older nodded and patted him on his back.  "How much do you need?"  Luhan closed his eyes, feeling the warm hug. "7000." he mumbled softly. (A/N: Idk if this is expensive in china but lets just say it is. mehehe) 
 
 
Kris eyes widened a little but still keeping the smile on his face. "S-Sure, sugar but not now okay? Maybe next week."
 
"The exam is this coming Wednesday." Luhan pouted then smiled as he looked up to the older's face. "Gege, its okay. I'll repeat the grade if you can't pay for it." the smaller chuckled and caressed Kris' finger which was holding his hand.
 
"N-No. No Luhan. Of course. I'll hand you the money tomorrow." Kris smiled. "Really?" Luhan pouted, doubting to believe the older's words. Kris laughed softly and pecked the little one on his forehead. "I've been expecting situation like this. I've got all the money you need. Anything for my only brother." He smiled warmly and continue embracing his little brother. "Gege, I'm sorry.. I'll pay everything back when I'm done studying. Really! I'll be a doctor and I will work hard, I'll buy you a new house and we-" 
 
"Shh..No need Luhan.." Kris cut him before he could end his words. "I don't need all of that.. I just want to see you success. And happy with your life when I'm gone." the older said as he placed his chin on the younger's head. A tear rolled down Luhan's cheek. "Don't say that gege.. I only have you. I don't want to lose you." He cried silently on the older's chest. Kris sighed heavily, feeling regretful for mentioning about death to his little brother. "I'm sorry.. I won't leave you, Luhannie."
 
 
---
 
 
 "Mhh.." Luhan opened his eyes softly, yawning. A smile appeared on his face when he turned around to see his brother. The smile was right away replaced by a curious look once the expected face didn't appeared in his vision. "Gege?" He called out which didn't come up with any answers. He pouted and took a quick look on the calendar placed on his small studiying desk. "It's Sunday.." He sighed as he make his way to downstairs. "Gege?" He called out slightly louder, walking in every section in the house before confirming that his brother was somewhere outside. He shrugged and walked into the kitchen, cleaning the mess which obviously made by Kris. 'Where is he..' He thought as he pucked out his pink lips. 
 
 
-***-
Kris entered a shoplot, which was located somewhere in the city where he work as a cashier. He look around nervously. Everyone was in black suit and some of them were having a pair of shades on. None of them replied his smile whenever he tried to be friendly to them. 
 
"Oh." Kris smiled when he saw a wooden door, with a word "Sir Goh." written on it. He then entered the office after having the permission from the owner. He was greeted nicely by the female workers. All of them were dressed nicely in a short red and gold cheongsam, pair of golden tokens, few red koi fishes and catfishes, also a dragon were printed nicely on it. Those ladies were all y and beautiful, he admitted. "Mr. Wu Yifan?" One of the ladies asked as she smiled offering the tall a cup of tea. Kris took it and smiled at her. "Thanks I-" 
 
"You're cute." The lady cut him as she get onto his laps. Kris was feeling a bit.. a lot uncomfortable by her action. "Thanks." He said, trying to get the lady off of him. "Seriously, with a face like this. I don't need money anymore!" She giggled and the rest of them followed. 
 
"That's enough ladies. We got things to discuss." The owner who has been sitting with his legs on the desk voiced out after hanging up a call from someone, telling the ladies to leave both of them alone. Kris sighed in relief as they left. 
 
 
"Sorry, was busy on the line. How much do you need?" the owner, in a complete tuxedo asked arrogantly, eyeing Kris intensely behind his dark sunglasses. He blowed up white smoke out of his mouth before placing a lighting cigar between his lips. "U-Uh.. 9000$?" Kris answered back, he didn't know why he was shaking though the aged man have told him that he and his workers won't harm him and anyone. Kris smiled at him and bowed, showing the man a respect. "Please lend me 9000$ And I will pay you back, as soon as possible." He then get into his previous position which is standing properly. "Of course." The man chuckled. "Of course you can pay whenever you want, we're not some gangsters or something. We helps people like you." He laughed and patted Kris on his back. Kris nodded slightly and smiled, not facing the man. "Just sign the contract, buddy." The man smiled as one of his bodyguards stepped forward to the man's desk and placed a piece of paper and a gel pen on it. Kris slightly bowed, smiling widely. "T-Thanks, really. I promise I will pay, Mr Goh." He said excitedly and signed the paper. A smirk drawn on the man's face but the Kris didn't notice it.
 
 
  Kris smiled as he entered the house. Luhan must be happy with the news he's about to tell. He walked around the house to find the younger. "Luhan!" He shouted which earned a loud 'Yes' from the other one from the laundry room. "Where did you go?" Luhan asked as he pouted, walking towards his brother. 
 
"The bank." He lied. "Didn't I promise to give the money you needed for the exam?" The older chuckled as he handed a thick envelope.
 
 
 "Gege! Is this for real?!" Luhan shouted happily as tears started to pooling inside his eyes. "I thought you were just joking.. 7000 is a lot of money, gege."
 
"Yes, Luhan. For real." Kris chuckled and nodded at the same time. For him, nothing is better than seeing his brother smile like this. "Thank you gege! Thank you so much.." The younger jumped excitedly and hugged the older around his waist and buried his face on the older's chest. The older could tell that his little brother was crying silently over the joyness. He softly caress the back of his head and pecked the top of it. "Now, I hope you'll score the exam. Make me proud and be a doctor." He chuckled softly. The smaller lift up his head, facing his brother and nodded. "Yes, gege.. I promise. I will be a doctor!" He smiled warmly, letting the thumb of the older massaging his cheek lightly. 
 
 
 
"Mama and papa would be so proud seeing you taking care of me like this.. ge." The younger mumbled as he wiped his tears on the taller's shirt. Kris kept silent. His eyes get glassy when he heard those words. How he hope those words to be real. "I've never been lack of love living with you.. I'm not lying." the younger added. Bunch of guilt arrows were shotted right on the older's hearts at the same time. He lied to his little brother. He lied about mentioning about his 'savings' for the little one. But its okay.. at least he tried hard to get the money, for the little one's sake. He have already signed the deals and agreements earlier in Mr Goh's office. Deals and Agreements.. Kris eyes widened once he recalled about it. He didn't even read a single words on the paper. Was that really fair deal and agreements or was Mr Goh is just some sort of mafia that works as a liar to people like him? 
 
 
Who the hell on earth would be that nice to lend someone a money-- which was not a small amount and never give a damn about paying it back or not? The older started to feel uneasy. Why was I too stupid? He thought, regretting for signing the paper which even he himself was not sure what was the content inside. Mr Goh must have his own agenda. His heart spoken. 
 
 
"Ge.." Luhan's voice snapped him out of his worriness. "Yes, Hannie? Are you sleepy?" The older asked softly, supporting the sleepy petite's body. Luhan didn't answer. "Yes you are.." Kris chuckled softly, slight of worry tone were heard between his chuckles. "Come.." He said as he carried up the younger and bring him to bed. Luhan purred softly as he curled up in a C position on the bed, hugging his pororo plushy. The older pecked him on the forehead before get him covered securely from any musquitos using a thick comforter. He then left the room after turning the small ladybug shaped light that was fixed on the wall socket.
 
 
 
 
(AN: IM SORRY IF ITS TOO SHORT T____T I'LL UPDATE QUICKLY NAEEE T^T)