Love Should Go On

사랑 (Love)

 

All about you, love you, 

I wanna be with you, only you

Geudaeege seulpeumeun eoptge gidaebwa naui

Eokkae neo wonhandamyeon modu da julge

 

All about you, love you

I wanna be with you

Only you

Lean on my shoulder and give me your sadness

If you want I will give you everything

 

- Love Should Go On, SHINee

 

 

Do you believe in fate? 

 

I didn't, until I walked into that small coffee shop at the end of the road. When I walked in and see a guy in a black hoodie and sunglasses covering his face sitting in a corner of the room, trying not to be seen.   

 

My first meeting with Kim Jonghyun was the same. A small coffee shop, him sitting in a corner. That time, the coffee shop was too full and there wasn't any space left for me to sit. The guy kindly offers me to sit on his table. We chat and exchanged phone numbers. Soon after that, we started meeting with each other, building an unbreakable bond of friendship which eventually turned into love. 

 

I try hard not to be seen, which is of course, useless. He's crazy if he couldn't recognize me. 

 

"Kim Seungmi." 

 

"Annyeonghaseo, Kim Jonghyun." I reply.

 

We end up sitting together again, like the first time we met. He asks me about my life since we separated, and I ask about his. 

 

"You went to the States?" He seems surprised. 

 

"Yeah, to finish my studies. When I came back here, you guys were holding a concert." I laugh, "I couldn't help but come."

 

"You came?" 

 

I nod, "You guys were really cool."

 

An awkward silence. 

 

"You must be really happy now. Being a huge idol and all." I say to break the awkwardness.  

 

"Well, not as happy as you think. Sometimes, it's just too tiring. Sometimes, I just wanna go back to when I was no one. When I'm not followed around everywhere I go, when no one recognizes me on the streets." He pauses a bit, "When I was still with you." 

 

We stay silent for a while. 

 

"I wish we could be like we used to." He suddenly says. 

 

I laugh but when I look up, I see that he is dead serious. 

 

"I mean, seriously. Is it even possible? Even the thought of it is ridiculous! You're a hallyu star, Jong! You're SHINee! I don't know if we could."

 

"I know we could." He says. 

 

I stay silent. 

 

"Seungmi, you know I still like you." 

 

"You do? It's been a long time, how can you be so sure?" 

 

"If I say I do, then I do." He pauses for a moment, "I want to be with you, Seungmi-ah. Not the other girls out there. Only you. You know, I think love should go on. No matter what situation you're in. We broke up because I was going to debut, because I wouldn't have enough time for a relationship. We broke up because of my career."

 

He looks me straight in the eyes, "And that was the biggest mistake I've ever done in my life."

 

I think back to that moment, memories rushing through my mind. 

 

"Let's just end it now." He says softly, carresing my hair. 

 

I feel my tears fall and he wipes it away, "Why?"

 

"It's for the best." 

 

"I know it is, but I don't want to." I say.  

 

"Seungmi-ah. Please." He pleads, "I just don't want you to get hurt. I'm gonna debut soon, Seungmi-ah. If someone finds out that you're my girlfriend, everything will be complicated. For me, and also for you. Especially for you."

 

I take a deep breath. Be strong Kim Seungmi. 

 

"Alright, let's end it. I was just too selfish."

 

He smiles and kiss my forehead. I go and hug him. 

 

"Gomawoyo, Seungmi-ah. Thanks for understanding."

 

We stay silent for a long time, not speaking a word to the other and sipping our drinks. 

 

Finally, I stand up and he immediately does the same. 

 

"Nice meeting you again, Jong." I smile, "It's been quite a long time since we chat like this." 

 

He smiles too, "Hope I'll be meeting you again. I've missed you."

 

I blush and whisper, "I hope so too. I've missed you too, Jong. Well, good luck on your upcoming comeback. Do your best, arraseo? I'm a big fan, you know." 

 

He laughs, "Arraseoyo. And remember, whenever you need a shoulder to lean on, I'm always here."

 

I walk out of the shop when he suddenly catch up with me, "Wait up! Seungmi-ah, you changed your phone number, didn't you? Would you mind giving me your new one?"

 

He's right. I did change my number when we broke up. How does he know I changed it? Did he try to contact me? 

 

I nod and give him my new phone number and he gives me his. We part ways and I wonder, maybe, just maybe, we could start over again. 

 

 

A/N: So how was it?? Cece, I'm sorry it's so short.. Hahaha hope you enjoy it though! :D

- Kim Jaerin (Celine)