Chapter 1

Seduction at First Sight

 

“Come on Sehun-ah!” Jongin whined to his bowl-haired friend and shook him vigorously. “You have to come with me this time!”

“But Jongin,” the former, Sehun, said. “I still have a lot of things to be encoded. Can’t that bar-hopping of yours wait until tomorrow?”

The raven-haired boy slammed his hand on his fellow intern’s table, slightly startling him. “That’s what you say all the time, Oh Sehun. You really need a break.” The said man sighed and faced him.

“Okay then, fine,” he replied while pinching the bridge of his nose. Oh dear God, Jongin gimme a break. “Give me valid reasons for me to get my of this chair and go to whichever place you’re taking me with.

Jongin heaved a sigh, shaking his head. This boy is really a workaholic, he thought. “First of all; we’re still interns, or in other terms: On-the-job trainees. No matter how late you do your OT, Chanyeol sunbae-nim won’t give you a paycheck.” Suddenly the younger cut him off.

“I don’t do this with the hopes of getting a salary from that psychopath this early, mind you.”

“Tsk, tsk, tsk… That’s no way to call your boss. Our boss, I mean.”

“I don’t care,” Sehun growled, getting back his focus on the work document on his laptop.  “Though I have high hopes on getting hired by him here as a regular employee if I do a lot of overtime...”

“He won’t!” Jongin exclaimed, slamming away the stack of papers of a random table near the brunette. “Park Chanderp won’t decide on doing that since we were recently hired here as interns few weeks ago!”

“Look who’s talking about calling names on our boss… Oh, and you better pick up those papers if I were you.”

“No way man, those papers are yours.”

Sehun took of his specs for a moment and faced the latter. “Na-uh. Maybe you should look whose table did those papers are placed in a stack earlier, Kim Jongin.”

The said man did as he was told, and his eyes turned into golf balls when he saw the name plate of ‘Jung Sooyeon’ on the table.

Sacre bleu!” he exclaimed once again, and pulled his hair in distress. “Ya, Sehun-ah! You didn’t tell me that was that… ice-princess--whatchamacallit’s table!”

The bob-haired boy chuckled a bit on his victory and puts his glasses back on. “I think you’ll need to fix those hundreds of papers you just slammed earlier before taking me out to that place you want me to go to.”

“I know! Aish,” he replied, disappointed, and starts stacking up the papers. “But you promised to me before that you’ll come with me next time.”

“...Really?” Sehun asked while tilting his head then starts typing again. “When did I do that?” Jongin raised a brow and faced his saeng.

“Three days ago. You were too preoccupied on your OT as always, and you passed that time when I asked you to go with me. You even promised to join me the next time, which is today,” Then, he leant on Sehun’s shoulder and whispered to his ear. “And if I remember correctly, the Oh Sehun that I know since Kindergarten never breaks any promises he made especially to the best of his friends.”

“Fine,” Sehun sighed, finally giving in to his best friend’s requests. “I’ll go with you later hyung-nim… After you fix Jung sunbae-nim’s papers, that is.”

This story starts with Oh Sehun and Kim Jongin.

They are the best of friends since they were toddlers. They’ve been together through ups and downs since their elementary, junior high and High School years. Now, Sehun and Jongin are interns at Park Enterprises at the finance and accounting division, respectively. One time Jongin pushed Sehun to join him at a bar at downtown Seoul, and little did he know that he’ll find someone there at that bar that will take away the poker face and the breath of Sehun.

Although this story revolves on the both of them in a way or two, let’s just say that this story is not only about them alone.

“Okay Sehunnie,” Jongin said, dusting off his top from imaginary dirt. “I’m done fixing the papers of the of an employee you’re paired with.”

“Jung sunbae-nim has a name, you know.” The latter replied, eyes still glued on his laptop.

“And so does Chanyeol sunbae-nim. Now, get your workaholic of that chair will you?”

Sehun stood up and stretched a little bit; saving the document he was too preoccupied on earlier. He set the laptop on sleep mode, and finally placing it on its briefcase-looking bag. “There, I’ve finally ending my OT shift, you happy now?”

“Took you long enough to do that.” The older replies, chuckling.

The bob-haired boy simply scoffed as the two headed for their coats at the door nearby. Jongin decides to put on his coat there, while Sehun simply grabbed his. Both of them went at the elevator outside, and the younger puts his coat there as the elevator descends.

The elevator dings, signaling that they’re already at the Ground floor. Jongin hurriedly walked towards the lobby, and the bob-haired boy can’t understand why the older’s in a hurry.

“There’s still ample time, Jongin hyung,” Sehun said after doing a time check on his watch. “No need to hurry.”

“I know, but still. Let’s go there even if it’s early, maybe we won’t get to see him perform,” The latter replies, and approaches one of the guards in duty. “Excuse me, are there any cabs available?”

Sehun tilts his head. “Him?”

“Sorry sir. As of the moment there are none, but we’ll try to call for one.” The guard replied.

“Arasseo. Thanks for the help.” Jongin said. “Yah, what’s with the odd look?”

“Who’s this ‘him’ you were referring to earlier?”

“Ah!” The raven-haired boy laughed. “I was referring to Kyungsoo, one of the singers there at the lounge. He has a one hell of a voice, I tell you.”

“So this guy… Is he usually the main event on Friday nights?” Sehun asks, and the older shook his head.

“Aniyo, he does the main performance at Tuesdays. Usually Lu performs at Friday,” Jongin states. “Perhaps you didn’t understand what I said earlier, am I right?”

The bob-haired boy nods vigorously, and Jongin simply chuckles. “No worries. You’ll know who’s who when we get there. Speaking of which, here’s our cab.”

The taxi stops in front of them, and the two entered it. They made themselves comfortable inside the cab.

“Zhang Hotel,” The tanned boy said and hands the driver the cash. The driver shook his head and gently shooed away Jongin‘s hand.

“The fee goes by the meter, boy. Save your cash for later.”

“A-ara…” the former said, pocketing his money for a moment. He observes his best friend doing many quirky faces and different angles and yet hasn’t tapped the shutter yet. “Sehun, seriously. How many angles do you need just to make one selca?”

“Shut up,” the younger replies, still trying out different expressions. “You don’t know how crucial it is to take a perfect selca.”

“Oh yeah, I forgot that you’re an ulzzang… My bad.”

After Sehun has taken selcas that he deemed ‘perfect’, Troublemaker was suddenly played on the radio. The two whistled along with the song, but when Hyunseung and Hyuna did their singing parts, Jongin suddenly grabbed Sehun’s hand and danced along.

“Yah,” the brunette calls the attention of his best friend, still dancing to the song. “I’m not Hyuna.”

“I know, but I only know Hyunseung’s part. Besides, you know Hyuna’s steps more.”

“ you,” Sehun mutters under his breath. Jongin ruffles his hair and silently danced along with his friend. This is going to be a long ride, he thought.

Nan trouble trou-trouble, trouble, trou-troublemaker~


 

Sacre Bleu – A French term equivalent to ‘Holy ’

First Chapter is up! And… It’s nothing much really. Since it’s the intro chapter, it kinda focused on friendship!Sekai. Anyway, feedback is much more appreciated! Please subscribe, leave a comment and let this poor author-nim feel some love~ *^*