Seventh Chapter: Restart, No?

Breaking Through Circles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan shivers as the cold night breeze hit his skin. His teeth are chattering wildly while as his entire body quiver. His feet hurt from hitting the rough pebbles beneath him, in his haste he forgot to put on sandals. How great is that.

The Chinese slumps onto a pine tree out of exhaustion and cold and probably the shock he received after that rather dark revelation.

He closes his eyes, denying the unacceptable reality.

How many hours have passed? One? Two? Luhan can only hear the soft whispers of the night wind and nothing else. Maybe dying like this is better. His head starts to hurt like hell and he slowly  acquired difficulty in breathing. Damn his weak psychic.

The sounds of whistling bushes echoes through the night, and Luhan shivers more in terror. He's never liked the dark, it contained so many dangerous things. Luhan sobs , he is afraid. Afraid of the reality. The nightmare which still haunts him for so long.

Despite the negative feelings lingering in his mind right now, a soft voice in his hear is telling him something different.

"Luhan!"

The Chinese slowly opens his eyes and a blurred image of a man huffing in front of him starts to come in focus.

"I was so scared" the man hugs him. Somehow he feels happy, whoever's arms these are, it makes him feel safe, "you look pale, you ran pretty far away"

Luhan only nods. The cold piercing his skin slowly being replaced by this man's warmth.

"I'm afraid" whispers Luhan.

"Don't worry, I'm here" the man hugs him tighter, "you look horrible. I saw a shack not far from here, I think it was the security guard's previous base, I'll bring you there" and Luhan feels he's being carried bridal style. Unconciously, he snuggles closer onto the man's chest.

After a few minutes walk, Luhan feels like he's being put down on a wooden floor.

"There's no bed, I'm sorry" the man lies down beside him, holding Luhan's hand tightly "you're cold. You seem to get easily sick. There aren't any medicine here and I can't do anything, so please just take a rest"

Luhan's sanity cursed himself for trusting the man beside him, whom his heart recognizes as Sehun.

 

‎​The nightmare consoling him, can he ever make peace with it?

 

 

Luhan wakes up, feeling sore on his back. He stretches himself as he realizes that he's sleeping on a peeling wooden floor in a strange room. The sunlight drifts through the cracking windows, hitting a figure laying next beside Luhan. Apparently Sehun is still fast asleep.

Soft features of the boy's sleeping face awes Luhan as he's always used see the arrogant, rude side of him. In this case, he looks like a baby.

"Um..." Sehun finally starts to open his eyes.

Luhan hurriedly scrambles away from the boy, the scared feeling from last night coming back. No matter how much Sehun comforts him, the scared feeling Luhan has around his ex husband (or husband, whatever) can't dissapear that easily.

"Morning" says Sehun awkwardly.

"M...morning" says Luhan, trying to calm his nervousness.

"We should head back, the others will be worried"

Luhan nods. He stands up and feels a tiny earthquake hit him. He stumbles slightly and bumps the nearest wall.

"You're still sick. How come did you get sick so easily huh?"

"I..it's not my fault!"

"Pfft yeah, running away in the middle of the night with thin clothing" mocks Sehun.

‎​Luhan huffs in annoyance, the arrogant selfish brat is back, "whatever, let's hurry up and go back"

"Can you walk?"

"I'm not a baby, of course I can"

"You look weak"

Sehun walks towards Luhan, and the Chinese can't help but feel nervous all over again.

Sehun squats in front of him, "come on"

"What?" Luhan asks in confusion

"I'll carry you"

"No! I don't want to!" Protests Luhan. The slightest skinship makes him flinch, how about a piggyback huh?

"So stubborn, at this rate you'll faint!"

"I don't care!"

"Fine, you take the risk" Sehun stands up and exits the shack.

The journey back is torture to Luhan, he nearly fainted countless of times but he knows he has to hold his grip unless he wants Sehun to carry him. And that is one thing Luhan never wants to happen.

"Hey" calls Luhan to Sehun, who is walking in front of him "what happened last night?"

"Nothing"

"Serious?"

"Yes"

They don't exchange any other words until they reach the villa. They come in to find all the others awake in the living room.

Xiumin, who's crying like mad, dashes on maximum speed to hug Luhan. That pisses Sehun off.

"Finally! We've been waiting for you the whole night!" Exclaims Suho

"I was so worried... How can you do that Luhan?!" This time Lay bursts into tears, he runs and hugs Luhan. Sehun's jealousy doubled.

"Mind telling us what actually happened last night?" Asks Chanyeol, wrapping his hand around Baekhyun's small shoulder. The y diva's face shows that he's been crying up a river. The awfully smeared eyeliner, leaving black smudges everywhere on his face is the living proof.

"We had a small argument.." Says Sehun

Chanyeol raises his eyebrows in a doubting looks.

"Okay, a big one. I'm the one who's at blame here"

"No!" Luhan suddenly said "it's my fault, I just over exaggerated things"

"Whatever it is, you look horrible" said Kyungsoo who still keeps his calm demeanor amongst the girls (cough), "I'll prepare some food for you two, and you all, scram!"

Xiumin and Lay let Luhan go in a flash, and they all go straight into their own rooms. But before Baekhyun goes in, he hugs Luhan tight but doesn't say anything else to the male. Luhan starts to feel guilty at the realization that he worried everyone around him came crashing down.

Kyungsoo made them some soup from the leftover ingredients. He goes into his room once he the soup is finished, it's obvious that the big eyed boy is also sleepy.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter