Chapter Two

Secret Admirer

“Don’t you dare trip over a bush, Sunny. I will kill you with my bare hands.” TaeYeon warned as she, Sunny, and YoonA hid behind a garden bench on Sooyoung’s front lawn to watch the super unveiling of Sooyoung’s admirer to Sooyoung herself.

“Yah that’s mean--”

“I think the both of you should be quiet since Sooyoung’s opening the freaking door!” YoonA hissed as she ran over from ringing the doorbell to join her friends in their hiding spot.

Right on cue, Sooyoung opened the door after hearing the doorbell and peered out, her silky hair pulled into a messy side-bun. “Yoboseyo~?” She looked left and right and took a step out just as someone appeared from behind a tree.

“A-annyeong.” The person stepped onto the rock pathway to Sooyoung’s front door, the light from inside Sooyoung’s house hitting her face.

“O-oh--Yuri-ah! Hi! What are you doing here?” Sooyoung fumbled over her words, blushing immediately as the girl of her dreams approached her.

“I wanted to give you something. You, uh, forgot it in class today.” Yuri pulled something out of her pocket and it into Sooyoung’s palm. Sooyoung raised an eyebrow and knew right away what it was just by the way the paper was folded with a little heart drawn on the front. Her heart thudded in her chest and an idea struck her.

“How did you get this? Did you see someone drop it?? Did someone give this to you to give to me??? Who was it, do you know????” Sooyoung asked immediately.

“Um. I-i, uh....wrote it.” Yuri stammered. Sooyoung blinked multiple times, not sure if she heard right.

“I’m sorry, say that again?”

“I wrote it. I wrote this one and the other four.” Yuri’s face went beet red and she nervously tucked her long black hair behind her ear, looking anxious. This was a side of Yuri Sooyoung had never seen before and they’d known each other since middle school.

“Wait--” Sooyoung’s breath caught in as she realized what was going on.

“She’s Y, you pabo!!” Sooyoung heard TaeYeon shout from her perch behind the bench. Sooyoung immediately looked at Yuri, who nodded in agreement.

“Y-Yuri-ah?? You--me? Wait--TaeYeon, you guys knew about this?!” Sooyoung was in complete shock as the girl of her dreams walked up to her and looked her dead in the eye and grabbed her hand.

“Yes, you. I’ve always liked you. Y-you’re beautiful. Everything I’ve said in those letters I’ve meant since ninth grade. You’ve grown into a beautiful woman and I-I think I love you. I can’t explain why but I’ve felt so attracted to you since then but was afraid you’d shut me down because, well, I’m a girl.” Yuri admitted shyly.

“But--wh-what about MinHo?? I thought you two were--”

“He’s gay. He’s using me as a coverup for TaeMin.”

“Omona!” The two girls heard Sunny shriek in disbelief.

“Yuri...I-I’ve felt strongly for you since the moment I met you, but I didn’t think you...liked girls either.” Sooyoung admitted as well. “I’ve always felt that I’d never get the chance to be with you but now--now I’m--I actually feel light-headed--” Sooyoung let out an embarrassed laugh.

“I’m so nervous right now me, too. But I’m so glad I’ve gotten this off my chest and we can be together.” Yuri laughed as well and the two locked eyes. Sooyoung swallowed and bit her lip in anticipation as she saw Yuri’s eyes flutter closed as she moved closer, her lips slowly puckering. Omomomomo!! Sooyoung’s heart raced in her chest and she felt the air rush out of her body as she felt a soft pair of lips on hers.

“OH YEAH!!” YoonA cheered, the other two girls jumping out of their hiding spot joining her. Sooyoung and Yuri quickly jumped apart at the sudden exclamations. Sooyoung rolled her eyes and smiled at her friends.

“Yah, you guys can’t let us have a moment?”

“Don’t worry, Sooyoungie, we’ll have more than enough moments to ourselves from now on.” Yuri smiled as their fingers interlaced and foreheads touched.

“You have no idea how glad I am to hear you say that.”