The Doll

The Doll

            Yong Hwa hesitated for a while. He stood silently in front of a white door with “SNSD” sign written on it. One second. Two seconds. Three seconds.

            He took a deep breath. And finally knocked on the door.

            He waited for a while before somebody came and opened it for him. Standing before him was Tiffany, already changed her costume into casual clothes.

            “Aaah! Yong Seobang!” Tiffany was grinning ear to ear. She did not expect to see her brother-in-law here. CNBLUE was just finished with their encore on Music Bank after their win over SNSD’s I Got A Boy. And here he was, only minutes after, already standing in front of the SNSD’s changing room.

            “YONG SEOBANG!!!” Yuri, Taeyeon, Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, and Yoona screamed their lungs out after knowing that Yong Hwa came.

            “Annyeong..” Yong Hwa waved to them and smiled awkwardly. “I want to return this.” He immediately handed Tiffany the cute little doll she given him on stage that day. The doll that was Seohyun’s.

            “Wae? I gave it to you.” Said Tiffany, returning the doll into Yong Hwa’s hand.

            “Yes, but it is Seohyun’s, isn’t it?”

            “It is, indeed. So why don’t you give it to her directly? She’s changing right now. She’ll come out soon.” Tiffany was still grinning. God knows what things that is going on inside her head. She had been a Yongseo fan since the beginning and she still could not move on from those era.

            “Shiro.. I don’t wanna get hit again.” Yong Hwa let out a short laugh. He was referring to the incident after Jang Woo-hyung and UEE announced that CNBLUE had won the K-Chart. Everybody was congratulating him and his dongsaengs when suddenly a hard tap, almost felt like a hit, come to his shoulder. He was surprised when he found out that Seohyun did that.

            “Chukkahae..!” That was the only thing she said before getting off the stage.

            “Ya! She did it out of love. Don’t you know already?”

            “Know what?” Yong Hwa looked confuse.

            “Aigoo… Both of you are really helpless…” Tiffany sighed in frustration. “I don’t want to know anymore.”

            Before Yong Hwa asked another question to Tiffany about what she meant, he saw Seohyun came out of the bathroom.

            “Eonnie, why are you so noisy?” Her expression suddenly changed when she saw Yong Hwa in front of her door, “Oppa?”

            “Annyeong, Seohyun-ah.” Yong Hwa smiled at her, then deliberately stepped inside, walked closer to her. That action triggered the girls to scream a lot more.

            “AAAAAK~” Taeyeon’s scream was the loudest, “Somebody is missing his wife!!”

            “Eonnie…” Seohyun blushed. On her white milky cheek, that cute pink was obvious. Yong Hwa, too, was blushing because of the noisy girls around him. These girls had always been successful in making him feel exposed, especially this one particular girl.

            “Can we talk?” Yong Hwa asked her while the other girls were still screaming.

            “Let’s talk outside. I don’t think we can talk here.” Seohyun looked at her Eonnies desperately. All of them are older than her, but sometimes she felt like she was the mother of eight daughters.

            “Okay…” Yong Hwa stepped out first, “I’ll borrow her for a while.”

            Seohyun was following right behind him, “Eonnie, I’ll be out for a minute.”

            “You can go out all day with him and we won’t mind!” Yoona laughed. So did everybody else.

            Both of them walked without any particular direction. They were walking side by side in silence. Yong Hwa was playing with Seohyun’s doll and she realized it.

            “Mianhaeyo, Oppa.” Said Seohyun.

            “Wae mianhae?” Yong Hwa stopped walking. They were standing in the middle of amplifiers, speakers, and other performance equipments. Apparently, they were right behind the Music Bank stage. Fortunately, everybody was still busy cleaning off the stage now. So this place is empty.

            “I knew that Fany Eonnie gave that doll to you on purpose. She said it herself. But I didn’t do anything to stop her.”

            “Why did you have to stop her?” Yong Hwa looked into Seohyun’s eyes, making that girl feeling a bit uncomfortable.

            “Stop looking at me like that, please.” She felt her heart beat faster every time she looked at him. And Yong Hwa looking at her like this did not solve her problem.

            “Ah, mianhae..” Yong Hwa immediately looked away, “So, why did you need to stop Fany?”

            “Because, everybody will absolutely talk about it tomorrow. There will be news and articles online, questions will also be asked on shows. It has been years since.. you know.. I just don’t want you to feel the burden of answering those questions anymore.”

            “Who said it was a burden for me?”

            She was startled as she heard Yong Hwa’s question, “Well.. I just assumed..”

            Then Yong Hwa laughed. He smiled at Seohyun who was looking very cute right now.

            “I actually wanted to return this doll to you earlier. But now I changed my mind. I want to keep it, instead.” Yong Hwa clipped the doll to his jeans, claiming it to be his.

            “But that’s mine.”

            “It was. Now, it’s mine. I am going to keep it with me and take it everywhere I go. Do you want to know why?”

            “Wae-yo, Oppa?”

            “Because this doll is so cute, just like you.” Yong Hwa grinned. He never lost this choding side of his. Yong choding that Seohyun liked so much.

            “I know I'm cute..” Seohyun gave him her famous eye-smile. Her own aegyo that he likes the most.

            “Jyassik..” He pinched Seohyun’s cheek.

            “Okay, you can keep the doll, Oppa. But promise me that you will never lose it like you lost my scarf.”

            “Arasso.. I promise.” They did the pinky swear like every couple would do.

*

            It is already hours after their meeting in Music Bank. One of the rare occasions that allowed them to act naturally as a couple. Being idols make them have to be careful about their actions in front of people, especially if it involves their secret relationship.

            Yong Hwa is off somewhere to do another schedule. SNSD’s schedule has finished so Seohyun decides to go back to their dorm and sleep. All of her Eonnies are out. She was left alone in the dorm.

            She lies on her bed, smiling as she reads a small card in her hand. That is the card that Yong Hwa gave her on their last day in WGM. The one with the bouquet. There is Yong’s handwriting on it,

              To: Hyunnie~

            Today is our last day as a married couple. But it doesn’t have to be the end of our relationship. Let’s continue in real life :)

            From: Yong Nampyeon ^^

 

            Ps: I meant what I said in “Love Light”.

 

-The End-