Chapter Two

I Will Fix You

 

CHAPTER TWO

 

Krystal changed into a more comfortable set of clothes and descended downstairs to the kitchen where Sulli was cooking.

 

Krystal: What would I do without you?

Sulli: You’ll probably starve. *chuckles*

Krystal: Mianhae. I’ll look for a replacement housekeeper soon.

Sulli: Gwenchana. You know I like cooking. *smiles at her friend*

 

 

*Ding Dong! Ding Dong! Ding Dong!*

 

 

Sulli: Are you expecting someone?

Krystal: Ani. Kai is not coming over until 8 PM tonight.

Sulli: Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Good thing your conservative parents are in the US. I don’t think they would approve that a guy would come over late at night.

Krystal: Eeesh! Your parents are liberal but you’re such a grandma! *jokes at Sulli*

Sulli: Yah! I’m a cute grandma! ^^, *laughs*

 

*Ding Dong! Ding Dong! Ding Dong!*

 

Krystal went to the front gate. She opened the gate and was surprised with what she saw.

 

It was her annoying admirer Choi Minho.

 

Choi Minho is an IT Major in the same university where she and Sulli are attending. He is exactly the opposite of Krystal’s ideal type.

 

His hair is too long.

His clothes are too baggy.

His car is a beat up Volkwagen.

 

He had been asking her out on a date for a very long time, and for a very long time, she had always refused. But he was persistent. His persistence annoys her.

 

Krystal: What are you doing here? How did you know my address?

Minho: I followed the car that you got into. *smiles awkwardly*

Krystal: *rolled her eyes* What do you want?

Minho: I.. I.. Umm.. *fidgets*

Krystal: Spit it out!

Minho: Will you go out with me?

Krystal: No.

Minho: Why not?

Krystal: Because you are not my type! Look at you! Look at your car!

Minho: But if-

Krystal: No! *slams the gate in front of Minho’s face*

 

Minho stood motionless. This was the first time that Krystal had told him straight to his face that he was not her type. Usually, everytime he asked her, she would politely refuse. But this time, it was different. Her words were like daggers cutting through his heart.

 

Suddenly, he felt someone standing beside him. He looked to his right and saw another man. The man pressed the door bell a couple of times.

 

Minho heard angry footsteps. Krystal thought it was him who rung the bell again.

 

Krystal: *yanks the gate open and glared at Minho* What do you want Min Woo?!

 

Minho: My name is Minho.

Krystal: Go away! I-

 

Krystal was not able to finish her rant at Minho because she saw Kai standing beside her stalker. Minho saw the exact moment when her expression changed as she saw the other man standing beside him.

 

Krystal: Omo! You’re early! Sulli is still here. *hugs Kai*

Kai: Mianhae. My tennis game finished early. *hugs Krystal back*

Krystal: Gwenchana. *smiles*

 

Minho stood unnoticed by the two lovers.

 

[Minho’s POV]

Are they together? No. It can’t be.

 

Kai noticed that Minho still hasn’t left the spot where he was standing.

 

Kai: Gwenchana? Are you here for a delivery?

 

Minho shook his head. His eyes are beginning to sting, the first signs that he was about to cry.

 

Krystal: Don’t mind him babe. Let’s go inside. Sulli is cooking pasta.

Kai: Araseo. *smiles at Krystal*

 

Minho simply watched as Kai wrapped his arms around Krystal’s waist as they walked towards the house. He wished that Krystal would look at him the same way as she looked at Kai. He wished he was Kai.

 

He sat down in front of the gate of the house where his love is enjoying the company of another man. His heart was in pieces. His mind was racing, thinking of new ideas on how he would win his lady love.

 

He just wanted a chance- a chance to show her who he really is, a chance to love her, to protect her. But everytime he tries, she pushes him away.

 

He sat down on the pavement. Finally, he let the tears flow down his face.

 

[After a few hours: Inside Krystal’s house]

 

[Sulli’s POV]

I’m worried about leaving Krystal alone here with Kai. What if the neighbours see that an unmarried couple is spending the night here? Kai even has that reputation of being a ladies’ man.

 

Krystal went beside Sulli.

 

Krystal: I know what you’re thinking. I’ll be fine. *assures Sulli*

Sulli: It’s just that...

Krystal: I won’t do anything that I will regret. Araseo?

 

Sulli nodded. She wanted to stay until Kai leaves but she knows that Krystal will not stop nagging her if she won’t leave.

 

She sighed.

 

Sulli: Araseo. But if anything goes wrong, just call me araseo?

Krystal: Araseo. *smiles at Sulli*

 

Sulli bid goodbye to Kai and Krystal who were very happy to get rid of her presence so that they could have some privacy. As she stepped outside, the sun had finally set and it was raining. She took out her umbrella from her bag and went out the gate to her car. But before she got to her car, she noticed a man sitting on the pavement. She heard sobs. She heard him say:

 

Minho: I love her. I love her so much. *sobs*

 

Sulli realized that it was Minho. With all honesty, she had always liked Minho for her friend. Krystal always had the worst judgment in men. She only looked at the superficial qualities and never the inner qualities that matter. She knows that Minho would take care of her friend and would love Krystal purely and sincerely. She also knows that Minho only needs a chance. Just a shot so he could show Krystal that he is not who she thinks he is.

 

Then an idea popped in her brain.

 

She went near him and said:

 

Sulli: Don’t worry. I will fix you.