Shiver

Shiver

 

It had been a week since Zhou Mi had met Kyuhyun, a transfer student from Korea, in the College's Library.
In truth, she had actually had her eye on him for quite some time. Being as he seemed to be the only Korean guy in her University, she seemed sort of infatuated by him. She's always wanted to go on vacation to that close piece of neighboring land, but had never had the chance since her parents hardly had enough money to pay for her studies. But she was still eternally grateful for them, and she would repay them one day for all they had done for her.

It was close to 2 in the afternoon and Zhou Mi was finished with her classes for the day, but wanting to get a bit of her homework done in advance, she walked towards the library.


Once inside, she met up with her friend Heechul and listened to the others rant about how unfair her Humanities professor was to her while she mindlessly scrolled down old acquaintances status on a social network.

"But Seriously Mi, that stupid old hag assigned the project, A. Month. Ago." Heechul said, making a pause on each word for emphasis. She clearly seemed annoyed.
"But I thought you hadn't done that project yet...?" Mi wondered while she stared at the stairs that lead to the 2nd floor, there was a kid with 5 biology books on his hands and she wondered how'd he even gotten up the first few steps like that, they surely seemed heavy.
"So?! She was absent again. Ugh, I'm going to report her." Heechul growled, taking out her frustration on a rogue blank paper Zhou Mi had out on the table by tearing it up to little pieces.
Zhou Mi really couldn't help but laugh at that, shouldn't her friend be happy that she doesn't have to do any work?

Mi was about to make a long list of the things she had to do for the next week so Heechul wouldn't complain as much but she noticed a familiar head of slightly frizzy bed hair, really, most girls would find it extremely unattractive, how a guy would just go about the day with messy curls, but Zhou Mi decided that he somehow pulled it off, gracefully well she might add, bobbing up and down while it went up the last few steps. Could it be Kyuhyun...?

"Yah! What are you staring at?" Heechul asked slightly annoyed, she hated being ignored. She followed Mi's line of sight and saw a guy walking further away looking for a place to sit down at.
"Is that..."
"I'm not sure..."
Just when Heechul was probably going to say something along the lines of Don't just stare, go up and talk to him if you want to
Mi's laptop made a chiming sound. Upon closer inspection she saw that Kyuhyun had gotten online on the same website she’d been lurking about a few minutes earlier.

"Should I talk to him..?" Zhou Mi asked, looking far more troubled than she should in Heechul’s opinion.
"Yes, here. I'll make the first move" with that Heechul leaned over towards her friend and typed in a friendly greeting.

Zhou Mi says: Hey, how are you doing?

Zhou Mi released a breath of relief once she read what her friend had typed in.
"Did you just sigh? What did you think I was going to write? Some sort of insult?"
"Shush! Look, he's replying!" Mi said waving her finger at the Cho Kyuhyun is typing.... message at the bottom of the screen.

Cao GuiXian says: Hey there Mi, I'm doing fine :) A bit tired though, you?

Zhou Mi felt her heart fluttered, he actually answered her!

Zhou Mi says: sad :( because of all the homework I have, haha

Cao GuiXian says: Same here, these professors seem to have gotten into an agreement. I have three tests next week. I don't even have time to game or surf the internet anymore

Zhou Mi says: other than for looking up dead scientists work......right?

Cao GuiXian says: -_-.... that doesn't count!

Zhou Mi says: hahahaha

Cao GuiXian says: dont laugh!

Zhou Mi thought about playing dumb for a moment and thought about asking him where he was, to confirm whether or not the guy she saw climbing up the stairs before was really him or not.

Zhou Mi says: hey, are you still in the university?....

Heechul immediately rolled her eyes at Mi, which Mi simply shrugged her shoulders.
"Hey, it's 3:30 already, gotta go, see you tomorrow"
"Mmk, I'll send you the article the professor gave us today to your email later"
"Psh, don't bother. I'm dropping that class anyways."
Zhou Mi simply sighed at that and waved goodbye.

Cao GuiXian says: yeah, im over that table where we first met.

Zhou Mi audible gasped and earned a few looks of discontent from the other students near her table.

Zhou Mi says: oh right! im at the library too ^^

Cao GuiXian says: really? maybe we should both head out together then :P
Cao GuiXian says: well... right after i finish my calculus homework ><

Zhou Mi says: hahaha, that'll give me just enough time to cover the remainder of semesters homework xxD

Cao GuiXian says: hey! i know what im doing....

About an hour and a half later, because it proved to be that Zhou Mi, didn't, have enough time to finish her homework for the rest of the semester, let alone her chemistry and song composition homework. Why had she taken chemistry as a free elective again? Oh right, she wanted to make stuff blow up, even though, so far it seems she would never get to blow anything.

Zhou Mi simply sighed as she started dumping everything haphazardly into her backpack, she figured she could always save the crumpled papers once she got home, but right now she was tired, and really didn't feel like straightening anything out. Just as she was standing up she saw someone standing in front of the table she was sitting at.

"You're done?" asked a voice.

Zhou Mi looked up and was greeting with Kyuhyun's smile, she felt her cheeks heat up a bit before nodding her head. 

They walked side by side outside of the library, making otherwise, small talk.

"Did you manage to do your homework?" Kyuhyun asked to fill the silence.
"N-no... There's some stuff I didn't understand" Zhou Mi said raising her hands to and breathing on them, it was rather cold outside with the cold December winds, judging by the weather it seemed like they would be getting snow real soon.
"Hmm. I could probably help you" Kyuhyun said coolly, "Well, depending on the subject...and if you want to." 
"S-Sure, that'd be a great help." Zhou Mi answered a bit fluttered, although, she wasn't sure if the shiver she got was from him walking right next to her with their shoulders brushing, or if it was simply from the cold weather.

Regardless of the reason, Kyuhyun seemed to have noticed and offered to give Zhou Mi a ride, since the female dorm rooms were a far length from the University's library.

~*~*


"Oh, here is fine, thanks a lot Kyuhyun." said Zhou Mi while unbuckling her seat belt.

"You, called me Kyuhyun" Zhou Mi looked up to see Kyuhyun staring at her, wide-eyed. Zhou Mi worried, had she made a mistake by calling him by his first name-in korean- and on top of that without honorifics? Did she do wrong by mistaking them as being close?

"Oh, umh, yeah. I thought..."
"Oh no, It's fine, it's fine. I was just surprised; no one here has called me by name yet. My Korean name."
Zhou Mi chuckled Is he rambling again.... Too cute..
"Thank you for bringing me here, byebye" and with that Zhou Mi was about to get off of the car until she felt a pull on her wrist, she turned around and look at Kyuhyun puzzled.
"Umh, I was wondering. We could go to that new coffee place, and uhm, I could help you out with your homework...?"
Zhou Mi immediately felt her cheeks heat up again, and her heart racing rapidly "O-Oh yes, I'd, yes" was the only thing she managed to get out Way to be cool, and look, he's smiling! 
Kyuhyun let go of her wrist and they both said their goodbyes. Mid way to arched entrance Zhou Mi looked back and saw that he was still there in his car, he waved goodbye before going away.

"Wait 'till I tell Xi Che-Jie about this..."
"Tell me what?" said a voice from in front of her.
Zhou Mi let out a shriek and flailed her arms about accidently making Heechul throw her iced-coffee on the floor. 
The look Heechul gave her was truly a scary one, which had Zhou Mi immediately running away yelling I'M SORRY JIEJIE, DON'T MURDER ME!! With Heechul shouting COME BACK HERE, I WON'T KILL YOU SLOWLY, YOU'RE GONNA MAKE ME GET A BAD REPUTATION!!  THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT ANY BETTER JIE!!!

Zhou Mi thought, briefly, as she was running for her life, that Heechul would probably congratulate her for making progress, that is, after suffering several noogies and a small hole on her wallet. Heechul did not drink cheap coffee.
Oh well, it was probably worth it.