Part 1: 18 Baekyuhn and Chanyeol - Intoxication

Of Love and Other Random Things {An Exo Chinese Challenge Story}

Word Count: 1,149


The night was dark and cold, but two men were staying plenty warm. The quiet atmosphere was filled with panting, short breaths and gasps for more oxygen. Loud noises and clunks could be heard, but it didn't matter to them. Hats, scarves, coats, shoes, and even a sock or two were thrown off, laying by the wayside. Things crashed to the ground, but no one cared.

Baekhyun's throat hitched as he tried to call out, but found himself unable to do so. Chanyeol knew, he knew without looking. And so he called out for the smaller man.

"SEHUN! You moron! Get back here before you hurt your self!" Chanyeol screamed but it was to no avail.

A drunken Sehun continued to run down the cold winter street half , knocking people and trash cans over as he went.

Baekhyun fell behind as he stopped to help an old woman off the ground. By the time he looked up, the other two had long disappeared. Baekhyun huffed in annoyance and pulled out his cell phone, auto-dialing Kris' number.

"Where is he now?" The angry voice demanded.

Baekhyun sighed. "I don't know Kris. Chanyeol almost had him but I fell behind and lost them."

A long sigh was heard through the phone, the background noise suddenly becoming clear. Chen and Xiumin were shouting Sehun's name, Tao was complaining about how this was interrupting his beauty sleep, and Kyungsoo was worriedly talking to Jongin.

"Where are you? I'll pick you up and we can try to find them."

"Thanks" Baekhyun told him the street corner where he was standing, and patiently waiting for the other members to pick him up.

To Baekhyun's shock, a panting and bruised Chanyeol came jogging towards him from the opposite street.

"What happened?! Are you okay?" Baekhyun quickly rushed to his side, grabbing his arm and inspecting the cut on it.

"I'm fine. I was following Sehun when he climbed up a fire escape." He thumbed over his shoulder at the three-story office building behind them. "I tried to grab him but he apparently thought he was Tarzan and swung across to another roof on a clothes line."

"What! Was he okay?" Baekhyun panicked for him drunken friend.

"Yeah, he made in fine. I tried to jump but I didn't quite make it."

"You fell three stories?!" Baekhyun practically screamed, gaining attention from random passerby.

"Technically. I think the dumpster broke my fall though."

A brand-new flashy red and silver truck suddenly screeched to a stop beside the two. They both rolled their eyes at Kris' choice of an 'inconspicuous' vehicle.

"Come on!" Luhan threw the back door of the truck open. "Suho spotted him in the park. If we hurry he might still be there!"

Baekhyun and Chanyeol scrambled into the truck and Kris took off before the door was even fully shut. The three in the back clung to each other, silently praying that Kris' driving wouldn't get them killed.  Said blonde man was too busy going at least 30 over the speed limit, and dangerously swerving through traffic. Yixing, who seemed rather unfazed by the maniac seated next to him, leaned into the back seat.

"What happed to you?" He questioned Chanyeol, looking over the oddly colored stains on his clothes and the many scrapes and cuts.

"Uhh.." Chanyeol trailed off, glancing at Baekhyun. He was too busy holding on to Luhan and the door handle, incase Kris decided to flip them, to notice Lay's question.

"You should see the other guy!" Chanyeol lamely added, after an awkward pauseLay sat back and rolled his eyes, waiting for the impending doom that was sure to be Sehun.

The five arrived in time to see Sehun running in circle around a tree. He appeared to be chasing a stray cat with a pool noodle.

Luhan and Yixing quickly jumped out and ran after him, allowing Chanyeol and Baekhyun to follow at a slowing pace. Kris decided to stay with the car.

Sehun noticed them, but didn't run this time. Instead, he decided to stop dead in his tracks and brandish his noodle at them like a sword.

"Hey! Watch it!" Luhan yelled, side-stepping the sloppily trusted sword.

Sehun recognized Luhan and immediately dropped the foam tube to the ground.

"Lulu!" Sehun gasped and fell to his knees in front of him. "I could have hurt you! I am so sorry!" He wailed and grabbed Luhan's legs, causing the other loose his balance and fall back on his . "And I just hurt you again!"

Sehun continues to blather on and on and on and ON, as Yixing and Chanyeol mange to wrestle him off of Luhan, Baekhyun helping the oldest up off the ground.

They eventually convince Sehun that he didn't hurt Luhan, and coax him back into the car. Kris rolls his eyes at Sehun's refusal to let Luhan go. To avoid further argument, Luhan allows Sehun to hold him in his lap the entire way back to the dorm, Sehun's nose lovingly nuzzled in Luhan's hair.

The trip took a lot longer going back as Baekhyun somehow managed to convince Kris to actually dive the speed limit, although it didn't stop him from swerving through traffic. Baekhyun and Chanyeol had each other in a death grip as Kris cut off a minivan and drifted through a gap between two semi-trucks switching lanes. The last one caused even Yixing to let out a scream of terror.

They all decided at that moment that Kris was defiantly related to the Torettos somehow.

After making it back to the dorm in one piece, surprisingly, they dumped a now calm Sehun on Luhan and went their separate ways. Kris, Tao, Suho, and Kai all heading back to their bed rooms to sleep. Yixing and Chen went to play video games, and Kyungsoo disappeared into the kitchen with Xiumin right behind him. That left Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

The two decided to climb out the fire escape and onto the roof. Baekhyun spotted a scarf Suho must have left up there in his rush to check on Sehun, and put it around his own neck so he wouldn't forget to take it down with them later.

Chanyeol sat near the wall that made the roof edge and pulled Baekhyun into his lap. The rapper hummed quietly as he relished the smaller boy's body heat. Baekhyun was a human toaster according to Chanyeol. The two quietly cuddled as they watched the sun rise, content with the other's company.

Baekhyun suddenly laughed, startling the half-asleep giant. "What is it?" Chanyeol asked through a yawn.

"Look!" Baekhyun pointed to the park clearly visible from the roof top. "I can see that stupid pool noodle from up here!"

Chanyeol looked and shared a giggle with Baekhyun, his signature smile making an appearance.

The neon-pink pool toy was, in fact, rather hard to miss.


A/N: Hey guys! What did you think if it? I know, I know, lame Fast and Furious reference, but I can't imagine him driving any other way.

Any plot suggestions are totally welcome! Thanks guys! ^^